Angus bull with muscle

Help Support CattleToday:

welshmatt88

Reaction score
Hi all im from UK we got herd of 120 angus cows but the main problem at the moment is adding muscle into the herds.Just wondering which bulls you would recomend as being very muscley from over your side of the water .Personally i like Hoff Limited Edition but just wondered your thoughts.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2cjz4m6o said:
Conneally Freightliner, or Conneally Dateline.

Neither of those bulls will add the muscle like you want. FLiners would be to moderate.

SEC":2ppygnop said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":2ppygnop said:
Conneally Freightliner, or Conneally Dateline.

Neither of those bulls will add the muscle like you want. FLiners would be to moderate.

I agree. Look at bulls like Gridmaker, Plowman, Max, Neutron 377, 044.....

Frankie, the world is ending .... I think. We are starting to agree. Any Hoff bred animal, good or bad not many herds offer frame, etc.

SEC":u66b3dzf said:
Frankie, the world is ending .... I think. We are starting to agree. Any Hoff bred animal, good or bad not many herds offer frame, etc.

Really? It might surprise you to find out that I agree with many of your posts. I just don't comment every time.

I'll get off the beaten path a bit. What do you guys think about the following bulls for meeting his objectives?
QLC Lagrand forum
SAV Net Worth
And an older one
WCC Special Design L309 / 878 son

I've also seen some pretty powerful OCC Legend calves. Even though the EPD's are not there. The Performance guys seem to be using him quite a bit for some reason. He does pass on a lot of thickness and muscle.

Avalon":1bu4bd8g said:
I'll get off the beaten path a bit. What do you guys think about the following bulls for meeting his objectives?
QLC Lagrand forum
SAV Net Worth
And an older one
WCC Special Design L309 / 878 son

Net Worth,they are stout enough but look to be put together by a committee, not sure there is enough frame for the UK.

Special Design, they are big enough as they follow the cow but they are very common and don't sire the power most UK breeders want.

Hi, thanks everyone, you've been alot of help , occ hunter , GAR Gridmaker and Plowman all seem like our sort of bulls out here. Any more ideas the more the better, cheers.

welshmatt88":36eciu9k said:
Hi, thanks everyone, you've been alot of help , occ hunter , GAR Gridmaker and Plowman all seem like our sort of bulls out here. Any more ideas the more the better, cheers.

Why don't you clarify for us the size of animal you are looking for.

The people I know in the EU are looking for bigger cattle than what we have here, lots of bone, etc.

Lots of the bulls mentioned are ankle biters and aren't like to fit in well over there.

welshmatt88":j0kzsm9z said:
Hi all im from UK we got herd of 120 angus cows but the main problem at the moment is adding muscle into the herds.Just wondering which bulls you would recomend as being very muscley from over your side of the water .Personally i like Hoff Limited Edition but just wondered your thoughts.

well, i will get yall to roll your eyes at me.

are you looking for Angus muscle or Continental muscle. Breed characteristics of the Angus breed are: calving ease, high marbling, moderate muscle and frame. are you trying to make an animal that does it all (ty mike) or trying to make a perfect Angus animal?

Aero":1svembd2 said:
welshmatt88":1svembd2 said:

are you looking for Angus muscle or Continental muscle. Breed characteristics of the Angus breed are: calving ease, high marbling, moderate muscle and frame. are you trying to make an animal that does it all (ty mike) or trying to make a perfect Angus animal?

Are you saying that:

"Angus bull with muscle" = OXYMORON? :lol: :lol:

MikeC":23qvn9n0 said:
Aero":23qvn9n0 said:
welshmatt88":23qvn9n0 said:

Are you saying that:

The question seemed pretty easy to understand.
The original Poster is looking for an Angus Bull that adds more muscle than average or more muscle than what the current UK Angus sires have.

MikeC":3mbw48sf said:
Are you saying that:

not an oxymoron, just a waste to select for more than averge/adequate muscle. use the strengths of breeds and dont try to turn one animal into all breeds.

Waht about Northern Improvement and BR Midland don't they add some muscle

Latest posts