Angus bull has to go

Help Support CattleToday:

Copenhagen & Shiner B

Reaction score
where the sand meets the clay in South Carolina
I had 2 Hereford bulls for 7 years and and I had calves that they sired get out twice and it was only one calve at a time. This is my first crop of Angus sired calves and they have been out close to 10 times since they were calved. They are going to the salebarn next week and bull is going when he breeds back the last cow. Yes it brings back memories of my childhood when my uncle's Herefords stayed in the pasture behind 3 to 4 strands of rusty barbwire that were tacked to half rotten cedar post,while the neighbor a mile down the road with the Angus behind 5 strands of new barbwire had his black b@st#rds in the road on a regular basis.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. ALL ALL ALL angus bulls are like that!! Every last one of them. Why won't people listen??!?!

The American Angus Association is now in cahoots with fence companies. If you're gonna run angus, you're gonna have to upgrade your fences!! Get over it, buy the bull and the fence it rode in on.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell my boys about the rusty barb wire fences surrounding the pasture. They've been eyeing the grass on the other side for years!!! Can't let them know how easy it would be to bust out!!!
Valerie

Copenhagen & Shiner B":10c1vv16 said:
I had 2 Hereford bulls for 7 years and and I had calves that they sired get out twice and it was only one calve at a time. This is my first crop of Angus sired calves and they have been out close to 10 times since they were calved. They are going to the salebarn next week and bull is going when he breeds back the last cow. Yes it brings back memories of my childhood when my uncle's Herefords stayed in the pasture behind 3 to 4 strands of rusty barbwire that were tacked to half rotten cedar post,while the neighbor a mile down the road with the Angus behind 5 strands of new barbwire had his black b@st#rds in the road on a regular basis.

Sell em and so what makes you happy. Black white or red. If their pissin you off send em down the road.

angus9259":ip723t5n said:
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. ALL ALL ALL angus bulls are like that!! Every last one of them. Why won't people listen??!?!

The American Angus Association is now in cahoots with fence companies. If you're gonna run angus, you're gonna have to upgrade your fences!! Get over it, buy the bull and the fence it rode in on.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: Well, I guess if someone says ALL ALL ALL of anything, it is a fact - it HAS to be true. The fact that thousands of Angus breeders, and Longhorn breeders, and Simmental breeders, and Brahma breeders, and Brangus breeders and - and - and - cow breeders have had trouble in the past - why , it just HAS to be an indisputable fact that ALL - ALL - ALL - breeders just have to have troubles! They must ALL be devils! :devil2: It just stands to reason that ALL Chevrolets have Timing Gear troubles, and that all Fords have Water Pump troubles, and that all Dodges have Cooling Fan Bearing troubles. I have had ALL of those problems at some time in my driving experiences, so,naturally, ALL people have to have the same troubles! If they don't, WHY don't they?? What the Hey!? I am no different than anybody else am I? If my bull jumps a 6' fence over a cattle guard, your bull has to do the same thing - doesn't he?? If he doesn't - - what the heck is the matter with him? Doesn't he understand that his genes are "jumping Genes, or 'Stretch" Genes or fence-busting Genes or Squeeze-chute tearing-all-to #+_ _ Genes? Where do people think that the kid's Fairy Tale of the "Bull Jumped Over The Moon" came from? Answer: Because one bull "Jumped Over The Moon" a l-o-o-o-n-g time ago, so naturally, ever since then, ALL ALL ALL bulls jump over the moon - particularly if they are Angus Bulls!

I had an Angus bull one time that went through a rusted 'bob-waur' fence after a heifer in heat even though I had told him to behave himself! :bang: But did he listen to me? :x :???: Hek no! - - - - later - - - - I returned him to his own pasture and put a piece of white crepe paper where the rusty fence had been. :mad: :welcome: It worked! I guess it looked like an Electric Tape fence! :clap: ;-) So maybe some of you guys should try the 'white crepe paper' bit, and benefit from the improved seedstock breeding genes that good breeders are producing nowadays, and build up your replacement breeding herds. The cattle market is beginning to really look PROFITABLE for the next eight or ten years or so, and you might make some money!~ (If you use correct and acceptable GENETICS for your seedstock!)

Just watch the "docility" genes of your bulls! You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!

DOC HARRIS

Doc I got a neighbor with a bull. His last one got shot. It takes more than tape to stop 'em. The real electric fence only ticks them off. They jump cattle guards and gates too. He's got another angus and we all have to deal with it yet again.

Neighbor to the east runs Herf bull. No problem. Neighbor to the south runs those gawd awful beefmasters. No problem. Neighbor across the road on the w3est side runs a Sim bull. No problem. Neighbor on this side runs angus and its been a problem over and over and over. The fence won't quite hold water between he and I but its the toughest of all the folks I share fence with. Bull goes down the road and circles thru other pastures. Sheriff has been all over the poor old man about his bull issues. Like I said, the neighbor who runs BM shot his last angus bull. He's now got yet another with the same problems.

BM neighbor has already vowed to shoot this one too if it gets on his place. Makes me want to slip in and open a gate. I've had it with this.

Reminds me the story about the 3 cows standing in a corral when a jet pane flies low over them, the Saler cow jumps over the fence., the Angus cow runs through the fence and the Hereford lays down and prolapses :)

I wonder what some of these folks would do for entertainment if there were no angus cattle to bash.

after all who would want a bull who actually thinks his mission in life is to breed cows and spread his genetics as far and wide as possible?

now that there are black mutts of every breed who needs angus any more?

wait a minute.....why are there black mutts of every breed????
and where did they come from?????

guess I will have to consult with some angus bashing rocket scientists....

DOC HARRIS":34h018t3 said:
angus9259":34h018t3 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: Well, I guess if someone says ALL ALL ALL of anything, it is a fact - it HAS to be true. The fact that thousands of Angus breeders, and Longhorn breeders, and Simmental breeders, and Brahma breeders, and Brangus breeders and - and - and - cow breeders have had trouble in the past - why , it just HAS to be an indisputable fact that ALL - ALL - ALL - breeders just have to have troubles! They must ALL be devils! :devil2: It just stands to reason that ALL Chevrolets have Timing Gear troubles, and that all Fords have Water Pump troubles, and that all Dodges have Cooling Fan Bearing troubles. I have had ALL of those problems at some time in my driving experiences, so,naturally, ALL people have to have the same troubles! If they don't, WHY don't they?? What the Hey!? I am no different than anybody else am I? If my bull jumps a 6' fence over a cattle guard, your bull has to do the same thing - doesn't he?? If he doesn't - - what the heck is the matter with him? Doesn't he understand that his genes are "jumping Genes, or 'Stretch" Genes or fence-busting Genes or Squeeze-chute tearing-all-to #+_ _ Genes? Where do people think that the kid's Fairy Tale of the "Bull Jumped Over The Moon" came from? Answer: Because one bull "Jumped Over The Moon" a l-o-o-o-n-g time ago, so naturally, ever since then, ALL ALL ALL bulls jump over the moon - particularly if they are Angus Bulls!

I had an Angus bull one time that went through a rusted 'bob-waur' fence after a heifer in heat even though I had told him to behave himself! :bang: But did he listen to me? :x :???: Hek no! - - - - later - - - - I returned him to his own pasture and put a piece of white crepe paper where the rusty fence had been. :mad: :welcome: It worked! I guess it looked like an Electric Tape fence! :clap: ;-) So maybe some of you guys should try the 'white crepe paper' bit, and benefit from the improved seedstock breeding genes that good breeders are producing nowadays, and build up your replacement breeding herds. The cattle market is beginning to really look PROFITABLE for the next eight or ten years or so, and you might make some money!~ (If you use correct and acceptable GENETICS for your seedstock!)

Just watch the "docility" genes of your bulls! You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear!

DOC HARRIS

I dont know about timing gears in the past but now all the 3400 engines have intake gasket troubles at somepoint. :D

pdfangus":26agx9ez said:
I wonder what some of these folks would do for entertainment if there were no angus cattle to bash.

after all who would want a bull who actually thinks his mission in life is to breed cows and spread his genetics as far and wide as possible?

one thing ive have notice with the agressive rascals, is that those bulls that cant get their homework done in the ajoining pasture's ... their more than willing to take up his slack............. then kick his ass afterward

andybob":12qklyf3 said:
PdfAngus, not ALL breeds have gone black, and some breeds were already black before they came into contact with Angus.
True. Like Simmenthal, Salers, Gelbvieh, Charolais, limousin, etc.

WHoa have I been enlightened about the wonderings of the ANGUS breed.

Funny thing I read all of those and started to laugh, I had 3 angus feeder bulls that I raised for slaughter and I just new they were high jumpers, limbo bulls, or just plain houdinis. Every other day they were out.

Remember the fence is only a suggestion.

pdfangus":1qexyiiu said:

Move your herd to my neighborhood. You could save a lot of bull expense since you wouldn't need to buy. Get the breeding you like except for the heifer pasture where everything is too young. A win win situation for you. You wouldn't even need to fix the fences over and over. I can see where this would make you happier than a pig in slop since you even have angus in your name. You wouldn't have any need to "bash" with that level of glee.

Latest posts