Angus Bull Butt

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Someone made a special request for this picture. So here is his butt. I also have a picture of one of his calves. One week old.
2ltrfok.jpg

1zpo2rm.jpg

That's a pretty head on the cow! Is that the cow you talked about in the earlier thread about too much milk? I see the Simmental in her!
I need to be honest, your bull needs more butt! When you are ready for a change, look at some Simmental bulls to go on those cows.
Oh, found out we will be in KY from July 14th to the 20th for nationals. Headquarters are at Crown Plaza in Louisville. Hope to see ya there!

Fire Sweep Ranch":1bmzw94c said:
That's a pretty head on the cow! Is that the cow you talked about in the earlier thread about too much milk? I see the Simmental in her!
I need to be honest, your bull needs more butt! When you are ready for a change, look at some Simmental bulls to go on those cows.
Oh, found out we will be in KY from July 14th to the 20th for nationals. Headquarters are at Crown Plaza in Louisville. Hope to see ya there!
I am counting on it. :D
That is the cow I was worried about with too much milk. Doing better.

Man I don't really know what to say about that butt...
But like my brother says about steers to tell how close or far from ready for the freezer, he would say that he "needs to get full pants yet"

That cow is a real pretty girl, she reminds me of my brother's cow Lilac, except your cow has a way nicer udder than Lilac for sure.
I hope you keep her around a good long time. :)

Inyati,
At least it seems you have come to the correct line of thinking that he needs replaced. There are a lot of good angus bulls out there that will help improve your cowherd. I am more than willing to point you in a direction that I think would fill whatever goals you have. I will admit though, my opinion is only worth what you pay for it.

Jake":2643o1io said:
Inyati,
At least it seems you have come to the correct line of thinking that he needs replaced. There are a lot of good angus bulls out there that will help improve your cowherd. I am more than willing to point you in a direction that I think would fill whatever goals you have. I will admit though, my opinion is only worth what you pay for it.
Thanks, Jake. One thing I got going now is the AI. But I still need a bull. I want to sell this one before winter and get one in early spring. I do have an appointment with the Rocking P folks coming up soon.

In my worth less than :2cents: opinion I would say that that cow is bailing your bull out when it comes to butt. If you are worried about her milking I'll take her. That is my kind of cow. Now you put a big butted Gelbvieh bull on that cow and you will have to widen your alley just to get those calves to keep from getting stuck :nod: There are some good Gelbvieh breeders in KY if you are interested I can hook you up with the right folks.

ALACOWMAN":iexaibjf said:
is a nice cow,, and the baby is typical of about any week old angus.. like to see it again at 3 mo.
That comment does raise one thought. It does not matter what a bull looks like if he makes a good calf. I have wondered if I have judged his calves too quickly

inyati13":31gme15v said:
ALACOWMAN":31gme15v said:
is a nice cow,, and the baby is typical of about any week old angus.. like to see it again at 3 mo.
That comment does raise one thought. It does not matter what a bull looks like if he makes a good calf. I have wondered if I have judged his calves too quickly

YES, I AM SURE YOU HAVE. PERSONALLY I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD MISINTERPRET ALACOWMANS STATEMENT AND IGNORE WHAT HOSS SAID. I THINK YOU SHOULD KEEP HIM FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS AT LEAST. THOSE ARE GENETICS THAT YOU JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE.

Just kiddin Ken....................dump the damned bull

I AI ed a couple not replacement quality english cows to a Simi bull last summer. Got some whopper calves that are also thick. As we drove by yesterday the wife asked why are calves are not more uniform this year. :nod:

Load him out.

TennesseeTuxedo":27he69nw said:
TexasBred":27he69nw said:
animalsci2011":27he69nw said:
Now that is a heck of a cow. Really good. Looks like ya got a good calf out of her too.

Just don't keep any replacements out of her or that bull.

The bull I understand but what don't you like about the cow TB?

Poor udder that will pass on to offspring. Looks post legged. Other pics of her showed the udder better than this one. Everyone else may love her but I don't.

Latest posts