And then there is this one

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":3scs6l8q said:
I can fix this for you. If you'll pay attention and not find fault and argue.
First is even though it's temporary put in a permanent one. A combine or floater or skidded tire is free. A Jobe float is 40 bucks. A few bags of concrete isn't high and neither is some pvc pipe.
Pile dirt around it high. If you have any sort of gravel use that too.
The other salutation is the tank your using has a drain in the bottom of it. Use that or cut a hold and braze a nipple in it. Again use a Jobe float on the bottom. Run a water hose to it and screw on.
Real simple and inexpensive.
See, here's the thing. I have you on ignore. I never saw this post. Another thing is you didn't read the first few post where I explain why this tank is where it is and why. There was no point in you telling me how to fix it, at this point other than to hear yourself talk.... So why is it you that is continuing to argue your point. I was like, what advice? Where did I do him wrong. I did not ask for help....See, here is the difference, i'd never insult someone thinking that they'd have to be a total moron to not know why there is mud around this tank knowing that the person post quite often and seems to know the business. Second, I hoped that in knowing i'm not a total moron, most posters here would see the humor in that one heifer standing in the one mud hole when she could......oh god, this is boring the shytt out of me. Just move along please... its getting really old.

I'll also explain again about the ground in this area, its bottomless. Not sure if the term is the same as others use, boggy might be the word yall would understand. Any area that gets used a lot, gate, trough, hay, will get bad when wet. We have to be careful in this lot that we keep heavy traffic areas to a minimum. The reason we have no permanent trough here is due to this reason. We do have one in the stable, we do have one in the corral. The reason the heifers are in here is that they are waiting for a second booster shot. The corral has a bull in it, so that trough is not open to them. Otherwise, they'd just use it as most times we've weaned. Its just we kept a weanling bull who is in the corral at this time.
If you've never dealt with land like this, I understand it would be hard to understand why this trough is not permanent...believe me, i'd love for it to be all automatic...But its not, and today I saw it right before it overflowed and got it turned off in time...yay....

cowgirl8":34jvm9cw said:
jedstivers":34jvm9cw said:
quote]I had her on ignore. I see the way she treats others in the quotes. I won't sit by and not say something. Have you not noticed I'm not here as much? Have you not noticed others are the same way or left all togather?
You and she are a big part of the reasons why. Not 100% by any means but over 50% I say.
I have you on ignore, have for years, but when someone quotes you, I see it...Wished it were like FB where when a person is on ignore its like they aren't even there......that would be great.
M5 deserved my quote...and I just quoted him word for word, copy paste is all I did. What was it, it was like 'I'm smarter than you,..something like that but longer and more insulting towards me.. Don't type things you don't want quoted.....right...

Where's that button you referenced? Might come in handy.

I read this when there was only one or two replies and I said to myself next to you come back this will have blown up and dang it if I ain't right. Going to get me a lottery ticket lol

CaddoFarms":15rqgjvt said:
Jed offers more to this forum than both of you combined. Losing his posts because of two people who just clutter this forum is unfortunate.

How do y'all have this much time? Pretentious is an understatement.

I apologize. I didn't see your question.

I am a retired Pirate. I spent 33 years in the Pirate Service. My income from my Pirate Annuity means I can do about as much or as little as I want to. My time is occupied by two dogs and 35 head of cattle. When they are not demanding my time, I do what ever I can.

cowgirl8":z2cm8w63 said:
jedstivers":z2cm8w63 said:
I can fix this for you. If you'll pay attention and not find fault and argue.
First is even though it's temporary put in a permanent one. A combine or floater or skidded tire is free. A Jobe float is 40 bucks. A few bags of concrete isn't high and neither is some pvc pipe.
Pile dirt around it high. If you have any sort of gravel use that too.
The other salutation is the tank your using has a drain in the bottom of it. Use that or cut a hold and braze a nipple in it. Again use a Jobe float on the bottom. Run a water hose to it and screw on.
Real simple and inexpensive.
See, here's the thing. I have you on ignore. I never saw this post. Another thing is you didn't read the first few post where I explain why this tank is where it is and why. There was no point in you telling me how to fix it, at this point other than to hear yourself talk.... So why is it you that is continuing to argue your point. I was like, what advice? Where did I do him wrong. I did not ask for help....See, here is the difference, i'd never insult someone thinking that they'd have to be a total moron to not know why there is mud around this tank knowing that the person post quite often and seems to know the business. Second, I hoped that in knowing i'm not a total moron, most posters here would see the humor in that one heifer standing in the one mud hole when she could......oh god, this is boring the shytt out of me. Just move along please... its getting really old.
I did read all of them and I did see where you were offered good suggestions and you were nasty in your replies. I still took the time to offer other suggestions because you worded it like it was a problem.
I only meant to help. I won't be guilty of that again I promise you.
And to your post below about bottomless bottomless ground I can write a book on that kind of ground. I can tell you all sorts of fixes for it. It's the kind of ground I make my living from.
But you'll not get any help from me on that either. I don't care if your sows sink out of sight.

cowgirl8":3o2g2kuh said:
jedstivers":3o2g2kuh said:
You put up a problem, I and some others answered it nicely. With something that will work too I might add
You come back saying its a joke and in essence laughing at us for not getting your stupid joke.
I didn't make fun or either one of you.
I truly feel sorry for your husband cause you are a true female dog.
No, when i didn't except the solutions because I did not ask for one, then it all starts.... 'You must take our suggestions since we are all know it all and you must take them'...lol
Look at the original post....Please show me where I asked how to prevent it.....good loard, how could someone not know why this is happening... My funny picture is, there is a hole, there is hard ground all around the trough, this one heifer choses this hole to stand in to drink when she could be a couple feet over and drink easily....thus the thread name, And then there is this one.
Do you really think ANYONE needs to tell me why there is a mud hole or how to fill a stock tank???? ;-)
And if you feel sorry for my husband, he's got a gal who shares all his hobbies, I fish, hunt, I do woodworking, I drive a tractor, I pull trailers and use a chainsaw. I cook, good I'll add, i'll do a mans days work, I don't buy shoes or clothes unless the old ones are worn out, and I hate eating out. I'm uber good at saving money, I clean the house, mow the yard, feed the animals....I work out and still have the body I had years ago...... and you feel sorry for him..... :lol2:
Again, I don't get angry until someone calls names....and even then, I think I've stayed civil in this whole murky conversation, pun intended...lol.

cowgirl8":19s06yra said:
cowgirl8":19s06yra said:
jedstivers":19s06yra said:
You put up a problem, I and some others answered it nicely. With something that will work too I might add
You come back saying its a joke and in essence laughing at us for not getting your stupid joke.
I didn't make fun or either one of you.
I truly feel sorry for your husband cause you are a true female dog.
No, when i didn't except the solutions because I did not ask for one, then it all starts.... 'You must take our suggestions since we are all know it all and you must take them'...lol
Look at the original post....Please show me where I asked how to prevent it.....good loard, how could someone not know why this is happening... My funny picture is, there is a hole, there is hard ground all around the trough, this one heifer choses this hole to stand in to drink when she could be a couple feet over and drink easily....thus the thread name, And then there is this one.
Do you really think ANYONE needs to tell me why there is a mud hole or how to fill a stock tank???? ;-)
And if you feel sorry for my husband, he's got a gal who shares all his hobbies, I fish, hunt, I do woodworking, I drive a tractor, I pull trailers and use a chainsaw. I cook, good I'll add, i'll do a mans days work, I don't buy shoes or clothes unless the old ones are worn out, and I hate eating out. I'm uber good at saving money, I clean the house, mow the yard, feed the animals....I work out and still have the body I had years ago...... and you feel sorry for him..... :lol2:
Again, I don't get angry until someone calls names....and even then, I think I've stayed civil in this whole murky conversation, pun intended...lol.

There has been enough shyt shoveled into the tide.

Did you find out which chicken is laying the golden eggs?

I thought I did. Opened the nest box and had 8 eggs and one hen sitting in there. Eggs were clean so the offender had not plopped out her mess...so I noted the hen sitting in there...Went back later and there was a huge egg in there....errk. What i'm going to have to do is take a few out and put in my garden pen now that its not hot....i'll figure it out that way.. My hens are so sweet though, not sure I could kill her if I do figure out who it is...
The chicken egg factory has added a giant poop barn. So getting free hens with fertilizer is probably brought to an end. Which is ok, I have some young leghorns laying beautiful white eggs. I prefer white eggs, although the taste is the same, I just have to keep things looking clean and I don't see the brown eggs as clean. Its a mind thing, chickens and eggs just gross the heck out of me. I do like eggs, just had some a few min ago, but I have to dislocate eating them with the pen of chickens outside and having white eggs makes me think of eggs I buy from the store that are magically put there and have no connection with any chicken...lol....

Rafter S":1l1lktmo said:
Have you tried feeding crushed oyster shells to your chickens? That helps with soft shells.
Of course it was the first thing I tried. She's just flawed. My white hens lay concrete eggs. You almost need a hammer to crack them. If they get too icky I'll toss them to the dogs on the way back to the house and they almost never break hitting the ground. The factory hens eggs are all over the place in size color and shape. There is another hen whose eggs are rough. Ouch. They are all consistent too even after I started giving them shells. They get a really good feed that should have what they need too.

Ryder":14el0bkf said:
cowgirl8":14el0bkf said:
My hens are so sweet though, not sure I could kill her if I do figure out who it is...
I cannot relate to hens being "sweet".
I wonder if my feminine side is lacking in development? :???: :???:
My leghorns are idiots and mean...these rhode island reds are just sweet. They love human contact.

cowgirl8":1e6fdjay said:
Ryder":1e6fdjay said:
cowgirl8":1e6fdjay said:
My hens are so sweet though, not sure I could kill her if I do figure out who it is...
I cannot relate to hens being "sweet".
I wonder if my feminine side is lacking in development? :???: :???:
My leghorns are idiots and mean...these rhode island reds are just sweet. They love human contact.
this is the way I contact em...http://www.943thedrive.ca/2017/10/19/ho ... nal-video/

My chickens have a piano... and they play it
And I let the water go over again :? . Bought the vaccine to finish these girls off today, maybe tomorrow they go to their pasture....

Latest posts