And now...

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":53rjy86b said:
chrisy":53rjy86b said:
I wish my MIL had of been a bit like that, God rest her soul, but unfortunatly she was an alcoholic, and disowened my Husband when he was 14. We saw her occasionally, but he tried his best to advoid her if he saw her coming. She died a tragic death, she chocked on a sandwich, if someone had been around at the time she may not have suffercated, they found her after about three weeks. When I look back I feel sorry for what she missed out on. The love and respect from her Only Son and three Grandchildren.

Found her after 3 weeks...whoa...that had to have been rough.

How very sad, Chris...

Alice

It must have been for the Police Men and fornsics who found her. It was a shock to the system for us to, as when all is said and done she was still his Mother. A sad and tragic life for a Woman who was once so very elegant and intelligent.

I had a great mother in law and I miss her very much, also my wife had a great mother in law and she will tell you that.
Also to Lammie it seems you are always in a jam or people are not treating you as you would like, I can see one common denominater in all this and it is you Lammie.

You hid those dominoes. Break them out and put them on a card table in a remote room. Problem solved. No one can turn down a good game of forty-two. Get that game going and it will buy you a few hours of entertainment for them. Turn on some good music and hang out in another room to preclude listening to the domino clacking noise that annoys you. Better to tolerate that?

Figures the last two responses were from men. And exactly what did/do you do to prepare for the arrival of family during holidays?

Did you give some helpful advice? I bet you did. :roll: :lol: :lol:

get your self some good music and make sure the beer is with in your area. I like to turn up the Texas Country they hate it ha ha. But I don't have a MIL but the rest of the family is about as bad. That when you grab your truck keys and money and the cooler on the way out the door heck its cold anuff you dont need a cooler. Call up some good buddy and hangout and build a fire and drink and turn the jams on. Then you leave them with hubby ha ha well he may need to come to lol lol.Love to see them but hate when they will not leave.... ;-)

Hippie Rancher":k5wxypfx said:
Figures the last two responses were from men. And exactly what did/do you do to prepare for the arrival of family during holidays?

Did you give some helpful advice? I bet you did. :roll: :lol: :lol:

The list would take to long.

Back here taking a break and smoking.

Me and the boss lady have been listening to Waylon all day and enjoying getting lots of things done around the house. Good conversation. Lots of work tho.

I have to split a cord of wood by tomorow since daughter will be taking it back home with her. Had planned on starting this morning but haven't gotten to it yet. May have to string some lights and do it after dark.

My pager hasn't gone off for three days. :D All is good.

boogie better fire up the splitter an get the wood split for your daughter.will take awhile to splitt an stack a cord of wood.

Getting some games like, dominoes started sounds like a good idea. I've never played dominoes, but have always wanted to learn.

Uno is lots of fun. The more people you have playing Uno, the better it is. :lol:

Hopefully, others will join in.

My parents and my older brother had a misunderstanding this year, so he's not coming to my parent's tomorrow. :( It will be weird, because tomorrow will be the first time in 46 years that he has not sat down along side me and we open presents together, or that he is stealing things he likes out of my Christmas stocking.

Guess I'll go see him at his house, and steal things I like out of his Christmas stocking or steal his new harley and take it around the block. ;-)

Just_a_girl":76qythld said:
Getting some games like, dominoes started sounds like a good idea. I've never played dominoes, but have always wanted to learn.

Uno is lots of fun. The more people you have playing Uno, the better it is. :lol:

Hopefully, others will join in.

My parents and my older brother had a misunderstanding this year, so he's not coming to my parent's tomorrow. :( It will be weird, because tomorrow will be the first time in 46 years that he has not sat down along side me and we open presents together, or that he is stealing things he likes out of my Christmas stocking.

Guess I'll go see him at his house, and steal things I like out of his Christmas stocking or steal his new harley and take it around the block. ;-)

That's a shame...but yes, of course, go see him...and wish him a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as you rack 'em off, pop the wheelie, and wave bye bye!

Alice

It's awful quiet around here. Got everyone out yesterday evening when I took my folks back home. I have such mixed feelings about the holidays. Christmas is really happy and really sad all at the same time.

I guess that sums up my feelings.

Lammie":3o72flkp said:
It's awful quiet around here. Got everyone out yesterday evening when I took my folks back home. I have such mixed feelings about the holidays. Christmas is really happy and really sad all at the same time.

I guess that sums up my feelings.

Christmas is a great time of the year, lots of anticipation, but I'm just as glad when it's over. The trash truck comes tomorrow, so we've got to get everything picked up and stuffed in the trash cart today.

Latest posts