And now...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
It is time for my annual Christmas tradition.

Frantic housekeeping before family arrives. Strip the beds, vacuum, mopping, bathrooms, and let us not forget to clean those baseboards... The Mother-In-Law is coming.

And like Santa, she sees everything. :roll:

You'all get busy! Just look at those toilets!! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a shining bowl...

We are going to visit our kids for Christmas. First time we haven't had a tree or decorated the house. And the first time I haven't witnessed the arrival of the Christmas Spirit. I always know the Christmas Spirit has arrived when Honey stands in the kitchen, feet shoulder width apart, hands pulling hair on both sides of her head and screams " I hate Christmas!" three times in quick succession.
I imagine the Christmas Spirit is arriving at my son's house right about now.
And I never quite understand what all this hassle has to do with that sweet baby born about two thousand years ago.

It isn't as though the house is a pig sty or anything. I pride myself on keeping things pretty clean all the time. But I hate going over it all at the same time. I like to do things as I see them.

I very seldom see baseboards! :D

I have vacuumed the house except my the "guest" room, that is currenly housing my son home from college. I don't know how he manages to make a room he's been in for less than 48 hours, look like he's been storing trash in there for 5 years. I think he brought it with him in his luggage. He's going to have to come out of there, though, cause my MIL is sleeping in there, and then after she is gone, my parents.

Why yes, I do love washing sheets as a matter of fact. My dear husband is bringing more with him today from his uncle's house.

You think I'm joking?

I have cleaned the ceramic tiles with my Floormate.

I have vacuumed the pool table and all the furniture.

I am about to start the bathrooms.

I think I will have to shampoo carpets, too. High traffic areas, anyway.

Then I am going to start the cookies.

My dream is to have Christmas in the Bahamas.

bigbull338":2xf7ror4 said:
cleaning the house with company coming is a killer.just dont work to hard.

Makes you wish you lived in a travel trailer. Just pull through the car wash and open the doors and windows. Spray it all down, wipe it out, and vacuum the water out of the carpet :lol:

Lammie, Just leave some little something amiss. That way she can quit looking for it once she's there.

Just a word of caution to all of you who are cleaning - I know a man that died a couple of days ago who was cleaning the baseboards in his house. He was cleaning the crayon marks off that his grandaughters had drawn on them. I heard he was using carburator cleaner without opening the windows. Dropped dead on the floor. So be careful!!

jw":2h8wg28i said:
Just a word of caution to all of you who are cleaning - I know a man that died a couple of days ago who was cleaning the baseboards in his house. He was cleaning the crayon marks off that his grandaughters had drawn on them. I heard he was using carburator cleaner without opening the windows. Dropped dead on the floor. So be careful!!

Yeah, people mix bleach and amonia, too and get damaged lungs.

Just found out my MIL and step daughter will be here, tonight. I thought it was tomorrow.

Go ahead and ask me if there's anything for dinner? :mad:

Crackerplease":2e4i1nnj said:
We are going to visit our kids for Christmas. First time we haven't had a tree or decorated the house. And the first time I haven't witnessed the arrival of the Christmas Spirit. I always know the Christmas Spirit has arrived when Honey stands in the kitchen, feet shoulder width apart, hands pulling hair on both sides of her head and screams " I hate Christmas!" three times in quick succession.
And I never quite understand what all this hassle has to do with that sweet baby born about two thousand years ago.

The Christmas spirit has arrived, officially, at my home.

I take mine on the rocks with salt on the rim...

Lammie":27cxi2v2 said:
It is time for my annual Christmas tradition.

Frantic housekeeping before family arrives. Strip the beds, vacuum, mopping, bathrooms, and let us not forget to clean those baseboards... The Mother-In-Law is coming.

And like Santa, she sees everything. :roll:

You'all get busy! Just look at those toilets!! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a shining bowl...

I hear ya! We've been doing the same thing since last weekend-- a little at a time each night after we get home from work. Then about noon today the boss decides we're gonna knock off early for a long weekend. That's good. So I spent all afternoon doing last minute cleaning. That's bad.

Things looked pretty good till I made the mistake of actually moving furniture to check behind. Man was it ugly back there. I'd much rather been working. Good news is I'm done. Wife has other ideas but I figure I've done my fair share and I've had enough.

Susie David":1auypry8 said:
Daughter called and they are just 30 miles away...good thing the corn bread just came out of the oven.
DMc

My oldest daughter just called also. Her, baby daughter and family's are staying over night in Joplin Mo and head on in the morn. about 5 or 6 hrs away. Gonna be a good day for papa.

Cal

Crackerplease":3270r8j0 said:

Hmm. My mothers name is Honey. Dad? :?:

Hey Lammie did you know a little Peach Snapps is good in that? Found that out when a bartener didn't have one ingredient.

Was there this morning, friends coming over; lunch not done; sick kid; forgotten ingredients for a salad. If I pull anymore hair out I will be bald. :lol:
Making candy tomorrow.
No family coming out to drive us crazy. Going to a friends place for Christmas Eve. Be glad you have your MIL to drive you crazy, you will miss it when she is gone. I miss mine and she drove me nuts.

Spoon, Honey's maiden name was Mustard and her Momma was a Vinagrette. So I don't know if we're kin. Do you like salad?

I had to stop hosting large Holiday functions, it got to be where all I did was work while everyone else had a great time. Now I am having a great time at their house. try it, you will be surprised how much more enjoyable any Holiday is.

MIL and step daughter arrived about 3:30 yesterday. Thought it wasn't going to be until tomorrow. Talk about nothing to talk about. My husband got here about 7:30.

They are all out shopping now. I am about to head out to the grocery store.

Peppermint Schnaps? Not too shabby.

I have some Southern Comfort. The hub picked it up for me yesterday.

Latest posts