And now...

Help Support CattleToday:

my sons room is always a pigpen I wont go in unless I really have to, he changes his own bed, I need an oxygen mask to stand at the door. Teenage boys hope he grows out of it soon.

Going to eldest Daughters for Christmas day and Boxing day so she can take the strain she's younger and able to cope more. Youngest isn't coming down until after Christmas, then it's my turn. Every one have a good one.

My husband is so strange when his kids and mom are there. Not the man I know at all. I guess we all wear a face to face the faces that we face...

i never figured out why they called it spring cleaning. christmas is in december..

Lammie":1noxf6nw said:
MIL and step daughter arrived about 3:30 yesterday. Thought it wasn't going to be until tomorrow. Talk about nothing to talk about. My husband got here about 7:30.

They are all out shopping now. I am about to head out to the grocery store.

Peppermint Schnaps? Not too shabby.

I have some Southern Comfort. The hub picked it up for me yesterday.

Watch the Southern Comfort...left me with a 2 day hangover. That's when I called it quits with anything other than Miller Lite.

Alice

bigbull338":2t8efnqd said:
dang alice how much was you drinking.i rarely drink the strong stuff either.

I don't remember... :oops: That was many years ago, and all I have to do is smell it and I run for the bathroom!

Believe me, Southern Comfort is misnamed. There ain't nothing comfortable about it...

Alice

Wish we lived closer together Lammie you could hide out at my house til they left.
Short of alcohol a long soak in a hot tub might help. Lock the door securely.
My mother is like your MIL about house cleaning. One time I spent 4 days cleaning my house (washing walls, steam cleaning carpets etc.) Had one small pile of books in one room, in which one kid hid a slice of uneaten pizza, my mother found it and I was accused of having a house like a pigpen. :mad: :roll:
I know you will relax once they leave. Hopefully soon.

Without a MIL, how would we know how slothful and sorry we are? My MIL doesn't mess with me much but she does give my wife he77. I don't like this cause my wife is so respectful to her and takes the browbeating like a champ but later will be in an ill mood for some time. In defense of my wife, I once asked MRS. PERFECTION to teach us how to do a "shouldhave". She didn't talk to me for a month or so - it was a nice period of my life. :lol: :lol: (my tongue guard was on vacation as usual)

This post got me thinking about something. You know you are commanded to honor your parents and then you later promise to love and honor your spouse. Putting these two together puts you in some divisive situations. Never really thought about it in this way but it seems to be the case in many situations if you know what I mean. I don't know what the correct protocol would be other than to keep you mouth shut which I, unfortunately, have a hard time doing.

I am going to assume that she meant it as a helpful gesture. I am wanting to send everyone home now before the second wave hits.

Anyone got a Valium? Just one?

I wish my MIL had of been a bit like that, God rest her soul, but unfortunatly she was an alcoholic, and disowened my Husband when he was 14. We saw her occasionally, but he tried his best to advoid her if he saw her coming. She died a tragic death, she chocked on a sandwich, if someone had been around at the time she may not have suffercated, they found her after about three weeks. When I look back I feel sorry for what she missed out on. The love and respect from her Only Son and three Grandchildren.

Lammie":hfmk78qv said:
I am going to assume that she meant it as a helpful gesture. I am wanting to send everyone home now before the second wave hits.

Anyone got a Valium? Just one?

Take some benedryl...you'll be surprised how well it works instead of valium. And, it's a lot easier to get...

Alic

chrisy":2nim42nn said:
I wish my MIL had of been a bit like that, God rest her soul, but unfortunatly she was an alcoholic, and disowened my Husband when he was 14. We saw her occasionally, but he tried his best to advoid her if he saw her coming. She died a tragic death, she chocked on a sandwich, if someone had been around at the time she may not have suffercated, they found her after about three weeks. When I look back I feel sorry for what she missed out on. The love and respect from her Only Son and three Grandchildren.

Found her after 3 weeks...whoa...that had to have been rough.

How very sad, Chris...

Alice

Latest posts