Ammo Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I went to Wal-Mart to get more Remington core-lokt .270 130 grain bullets and they have went up from 20.97 to 23.97 pretty soon it will take a 2nd mortgage to buy any ammo. Has something happened recently that would have stimulated the jump in pricing other than corporate greed? :???:

Sky, I don't think anything new has happened. I think like all they do it because they know they can get it.

Cal

Calman":1r8fxai1 said:
Sky, I don't think anything new has happened. I think like all they do it because they know they can get it.

Cal

I think you are right then I have been buying a box a week or 3 for a good 6 months if they have it and was wondering why all of a sudden the higher price.

Could be the pending lead shortage, or the cost of their components going up because the raw material prices have gone up.

Could be the government shut down the last lead plant in the country.
More than one way for the Blue POTUS to skin a cat.
Just another step on the road to being enslaved no different than Hitler or Stalin.
Got to disarm the populace first.

Thanks for the suggestions... I will try those I gotta admit going to walmart everyday is a pain in the butt.

skyhightree1":7ssu59bi said:
Thanks for the suggestions... I will try those I gotta admit going to walmart everyday is a pain in the butt.

Could be the hoarding going on. Most folks used to buy a box a year at the most. Supply and demand dictate price. When people are so panicked they buy every box knowing that they cannot possibly use it in their lifetime the price goes up.

Here's a thought. If you had the last cow in town and everyone wanted it would you sell it cheap.............I think not!

3waycross":1t2xzx9e said:
skyhightree1":1t2xzx9e said:

Could be the hoarding going on. Most folks used to buy a box a year at the most. Supply and demand dictate price. When people are so panicked they buy every box knowing that they cannot possibly use it in their lifetime the price goes up.

Here's a thought. If you had the last cow in town and everyone wanted it would you sell it cheap.............I think not!

:lol2: The funny thing about rifle ammo here is you can't hunt with rifles here but yet they sell out fast its crazy.

Caustic Burno":2bhfkeqr said:
Could be the government shut down the last lead plant in the country.
More than one way for the Blue POTUS to skin a cat.
Just another step on the road to being enslaved no different than Hitler or Stalin.
Got to disarm the populace first.
Dang you have common sense. How is this so hard for other people to see :???:.

Read a few articles today that Cabela's reports declining same store sales of guns and ammo. Appears there's some expectation that prices and availability might improve.

Latest posts