Remington 22 ammo fail to fire.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score

I had no less than 6 fail to fire today using this ammo in my Buck Mark. I usually shoot CCI or Eley and have never had any FF issues. It's a shame because this ammo groups really well.

True Grit Farms said:

I had no less than 6 fail to fire today using this ammo in my Buck Mark. I usually shoot CCI or Eley and have never had any FF issues. It's a shame because this ammo groups really well.

I shoot only CCI or Aguila.

Ya I dont shoot that junk any more. We had to quite using it for the 4H kids at rifle also. Have shells sticking, not going in, not firing, etc.

I use nothing but Federal Match Premium Ammo now.

https://www.federalpremium.com/products/rimfire/champion/champion-training---rimfire/am22

Some guns just don't like a particular variety of ammo. But the cheaper Remington ammos are pretty notorious for issues.

Caustic Burno said:
Aguila are Eley primed never had a FTF out of one.

My problem was fail to eject, they'd get hung, but every round did fire. Had way less problems using the cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammunition. I've been working on trying to improve my weak hand grip and trigger squeeze, so failures aren't a big issue.

True Grit Farms said:
Caustic Burno said:

My problem was fail to eject, they'd get hung, but every round did fire. Had way less problems using the cheap Remington Thunderbolt ammunition. I've been working on trying to improve my weak hand grip and trigger squeeze, so failures aren't a big issue.

Grit the title of your thread is fail to fire.

True Grit Farms said:
Caustic Burno said:

Weak hand firing and failure to eject go hand in hand with a standard velocity ammo. Pistol is moving in your hand or your breaking your wrist and that is absorbing the energy required for the slide to function. High Velocity thunderbolts work due to it having an abundance of energy to cycle that slide regardless of your loose grip or wrist breaking. Aquila standard extra will work that buckmark fine and wont beat the crap out of it like the thunderbolts.

I think I have 9 bricks of that ammo left, hoarding it up when everybody though the SHTF and wouldn't be able to get anymore. At the time that was about all you could find as I knew then it had duds in it. It does shoot good, but there will be a few duds. It does seem to feed well, except for few duds in my Rugers .22 Mark 2 & 3s.

jltrent said:
I think I have 9 bricks of that ammo left, hoarding it up when everybody though the SHTF and wouldn't be able to get anymore. It does shoot good, but there will be a few duds.

Very questionable when the Zombies are closing in...

Stocker Steve said:
jltrent said:
I think I have 9 bricks of that ammo left, hoarding it up when everybody though the SHTF and wouldn't be able to get anymore. It does shoot good, but there will be a few duds.

Very questionable when the Zombies are closing in...

It is good for plinking, but I hope I have something bigger when I run into Zombies.... :lol:

I use the bricks of Federal 22LR.. work really well for me.. had some other stuff (CCI comes to mind) that didn't fire well and had lots of duds.
One time it was my fault.. had a couple rounds in my pocket and it went through the washer.. OOPS.

Latest posts