ammo prices dropping

Help Support CattleToday:

That's cuz nobody want 270. 22lr is still ridiculous. and 22 mag is not even available.

3waycross":27emk70p said:
That's cuz nobody want 270. 22lr is still ridiculous. and 22 mag is not even available.

Hook and I bought some .22 mags from an online source last year 3way. I can try and dig up the web site if you'd like me too. He might be able to remember it as well.

TT

3waycross":ia5bipws said:

22's are non existent these days and I pretent I don't have a .22 and if I want to shoot something somewhat like that I shoot my .17hmr. But it wasn't just on .270 bullets all bullets have went down including handgun bullets of every caliber.

At this point I only have a .22.. have about 750 rounds and that should last me a while.. I will stock up if I can get a brick for $20ish bucks though.. I'd like to have 4 bricks or so stashed... Looking at getting a 223 or maybe a 22-250 as well

Nesikep":2d243led said:
At this point I only have a .22.. have about 750 rounds and that should last me a while.. I will stock up if I can get a brick for $20ish bucks though.. I'd like to have 4 bricks or so stashed... Looking at getting a 223 or maybe a 22-250 as well

I would get a .223 first

skyhightree1":1adidkvb said:
Nesikep":1adidkvb said:

I would get a .223 first

Absolutely!

3waycross":1b3vretx said:

HEY! I want some 270W! :nod: I also could use 22LR. Used to have a .410 but gave it to a young family member.

Seriously, if you can find it reasonable, ammo is and has been a good investment.

Probably a better return and a lot more practical than PM's.

I'm thinking of a 223 because we already have 3 22LR's (one is a POS I use with buckshot on rats, one OLD Cooey 750 with a 3-9x40 scope, and my dads I can't remember what it is, but it's pretty sharp), for all the little nagging critters around.. I've taken down 2 bears with my Cooey though and some hot loads (they go through 3" of seasoned fir wood). For serious stuff, we have a Parker and Hale .308 that I hate (lousy feel on the action, too sloppy), and an old 7mm Rem Mag.. So we're pretty well set up for the big stuff and the small stuff, but I need something in between, and something that doesn't cost a buck a shot if I can help it. 17HMR I've been toying with the idea, would be a good long range bird gun I figure.

I cast and load my varmint bullets which is a 308 win 110 gr and load up 16gr of 2400 powder which is good out to a little over a hundred yards
and a little faster than a 22mag. Works for me and cheap to shoot. And I also load up a 180 speer BT HP with 42.8gr IMR4064 which pushes out at 2600 fps with some good knock down on bigger game. That way I only carry one rifle.

Cal

Latest posts