All these fit in your pocket with one device now............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I have wasted a lot of money through the years buying each of these.
20years_zps4f0ef37c.jpg

Nesikep":j6oyi5tl said:
I think I recognize most everything there.. except for whatever it is behind the calculator
That looks like a type writer.

looks a little narrow compared to the typewriters I've used... they didn't have any LED screens on them. (Darned, I'm not old and I'm still dating myself here). I have however never used the fully manual typewriters.. My favorite was an IBM with the 'globe' wheel (can't remember their real name)... My friend Denise had a hard time in typing class though, her machine had a broken "i" key, so she was always "Dense"

Nesikep":3c4low5f said:
I think I recognize most everything there.. except for whatever it is behind the calculator

I think that was an early attempt at word processing. You typed a sentance, and you could see it on a little screen, before you actually printed it on your paper. A little less of a pain in the butt, than a traditional type writer.

Nesikep":x48fa5pu said:
looks a little narrow compared to the typewriters I've used... they didn't have any LED screens on them. (Darned, I'm not old and I'm still dating myself here). I have however never used the fully manual typewriters.. My favorite was an IBM with the 'globe' wheel (can't remember their real name)... My friend Denise had a hard time in typing class though, her machine had a broken "i" key, so she was always "Dense"
Selectric

That's it :)

I guess with this ultra-miniaturization and multifunction that's going on with cell phones, it's environmentally friendly... Look at how much stuff it took before!

jltrent":3gc2ub1c said:
Nesikep":3gc2ub1c said:
That looks like a type writer.

Lavacarancher":3gc2ub1c said:
It's a word processor
It's both--it's what was formally called a 'word processing typewriter'. Instead of printing to a central printer or a 100lb desktop printer, once the text was edited, it printed right off the machine just as a regular typewriter scrolled the paper up as you typed.
It was either hard lined into a remote computer or held the entered text on a magnetic disk (floppy).
That one looks like one of the Brother models.

Green Creek":ceqyrx9p said:
Talk about dating yourself, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven when the boss got me an IBM selectric.
Do they even teach typing in school now?? I know short hand probably is history. :lol:

Latest posts