Alabama Drought

Help Support CattleToday:

I just checked the radar and I see a shower headed for Mike out of the south west. Good luck Mike I hope you get a good rain.

Hang in there chris it will rain some day. ;-)

alabama":25g7b1ld said:
I just checked the radar and I see a shower headed for Mike out of the south west. Good luck Mike I hope you get a good rain.

Hang in there chris it will rain some day. ;-)

I missed that little shower totally. Maybe another will drop in.......

The rain missed us again today, I was out early this morning on my way to breakfast in Ozark, and they had a good rain last night.

it will rain one day,,,,,,,,,,,, repeat after me :lol: :lol:

C HOLLAND":1w0wt9sp said:
The rain missed us again today, I was out early this morning on my way to breakfast in Ozark, and they had a good rain last night.

it will rain one day,,,,,,,,,,,, repeat after me :lol: :lol:

Went through this in 99 2000 here the second year was ugly as I had enough hay left over to make it through the first year with no sweat. The second year got tight I baled everything I could cut . I am not comfortable unless I go into the winter with a 400 bale reserve. My cows are always getting hay that was baled the prevous year. I seen the robbery at the salebarn and won't ever say it wont happen to me but it will take a couple of years. I am anal when it comes to hay I can never have enough. Mrs. Burno says I am OCD about hay, I am not going to feed out of a sack.

CB, I was reading one of your other post about Bahia and how you could always bale your pasture and let the cows graze it also. I had one of my pastures baled last year and regret not getting it done the first cutting this year.

I plan to plant all my new pastures in Bahia just for that reason, I have to get mine baled for me but next year I will get mine cut first and continue to buy hay to build up a reserve for situations like we have had the last 2 years.

live and learn.

How many squares would you like I have about 700 in the barn right now with more to come $4.50 for bahia and $5.00 for jiggs bermuda I live in south east texas. We also sale 4x5 rounds.

Rain for 5 days in a row now, we had a light shower this morning before day break and about 1" this afternoon.

I tuned the cows in on my best pasture today and sprayed the others for weeds and bush hog the dead weeds and the bahia is smiling now.

Well the rain is coming down again, we may get around 2 inches tonight. This is the best rain we have had in a couple of years.

The road will need to be box bladed tomorrow for sure, time to drag the 5 tons of dirt back up the hill.

I will do it with a smile too, we needed this rain badly.

C HOLLAND":1fu5d9ht said:
Well the rain is coming down again, we may get around 2 inches tonight. This is the best rain we have had in a couple of years.

The road will need to be box bladed tomorrow for sure, time to drag the 5 tons of dirt back up the hill.

I will do it with a smile too, we needed this rain badly.

CH glad ya'll are finally getting some rain, we are 12 inches ahead for the year. Only one cutting of hay, hayfields are waist high in grass. One extreme or the other I will take ours over yours. 4th bar-b-que this evening will be occuring in the barn as it is raining its butt off.

Thanks CB

I will be grilling the last of the steaks from our steer this year. I thought we were out, but I went digging deep in the freezer and found some rib steaks. They will be good with the fresh corn tonight.

Have a good and safe 4th.

Latest posts