AI for the rich and famous!!

Help Support CattleToday:

The Jerry Springer show is full of pot stirring also.
I dont care much for that ignorance either.
MD

PS you are right dun doesnt need help, but if you are argueing with dun you do.....

redfornow":1tif0xkc said:
MD

PS you are right dun doesnt need help, but if you are argueing with dun you do.....

And what does this have to do with AI, or are you in need of attention?

AngusLimoX":yn291ptt said:
redfornow":yn291ptt said:
MD

And what does this have to do with AI, or are you in need of attention?

Reread your last post.
MD

S.R.R.":2zie7w0s said:
6M Ranch":2zie7w0s said:
S.R.R.":2zie7w0s said:
I am really getting tired of all this AI talk!! It is for the most part a load of BS for the cattleman that does his cow/calf operation on a large scale and or for the purpose of making a living of his or her cattle!! My next post is a poll to see how many of us on this board are "STILL" in the cattle business or just on here to brag about the next best bull that we are buying a few straws of sperm off of!! It is sad to see that there are so many hobby and welfare ranchers on this board these days that we seem to have forgot that a good bull can still get the job done!!!
This was the first post on this topic. I'm not sure it can be taken as anything but a shot at the beginner/and or small producer who uses AI. There are several large operations that use AI/ET exclusively, Gardiner Angus, or for a large portion. The latest Deiter Bros. catalog lists 80% AI on there commercial females. I also can't recall anyone bragging about some semen they just bought. Then, it looks like your lumping "hobby and welfare ranchers" in the same group. No one has forgotten that a bull can get the job done. But it's also a viable alternative for the smaller herds, less than 20 head, to use AI exclusively. Depending on the numbers each person wants to use, either side is right. A beginner can pick a bull from a catalog just as well as going to a sale. I would think getting semen would give better odds of picking a good bull. It may not be the right bull, but I think the odds are better for getting better quality. I haven't seen to many bulls that are being collected, that are poor quality. When I started reading this thread, I took it as very inflammatory.

NO,NO,and NO This post was started to let the beginner/and or small producer know you do not have to buy fancy cows and breed them to the next best fancy AI bull in order to raise good cattle and great calves!!!!!!!

Owning a good bull is always a great opportunity for any cattle producer!!

I guess I missed the time that anyone said that they did need to?

Seems like A.I. has always been suggested on here as to work with a bull or possibly in place of one when you have only a couple head and a bull is not economically feasible.

Bugger, I wish I hadn't missed this post.

For what its worth, a bloke down the road from us has a cow-calf operation, what I would call large scale. He AI's 500 cows twice a year. He relies on his farm for his living. He has no off farm income. He is filthy stinking rich.

Need I say more?

theres lots of 2000 plus cow dairies that are 100% AI.they wont have a bull on the place at all.an they watch for heats 24/7.if a cow doesnt get bred AI she is culled when she drops below the profit margin.

bigbull338":14cambju said:
theres lots of 2000 plus cow dairies that are 100% AI.they wont have a bull on the place at all.an they watch for heats 24/7.if a cow doesnt get bred AI she is culled when she drops below the profit margin.

Let it goooooo already.

Great tread way to get people talking. Great exchange of wonderful ideas.
But the horse is dead....
:shock:

MD

redfornow":2l3q1yys said:
Let it goooooo already.

MD

S.R.R.":21xf48sc said:
redfornow":21xf48sc said:
Let it goooooo already.

MD

Yes it is dead so please....... stop looking at it and posting on it! :roll:

As soon as you do.... :help:

redfornow":jbywdrzj said:
S.R.R.":jbywdrzj said:
redfornow":jbywdrzj said:
Let it goooooo already.

MD

Mister S.R.R. ive been readen this here letter tanight an find it ta be one of the best dang letters about bulls for a while!! I aint done much letter writen for a while but have always read yours, Mister CBs, and a few others letters when I get a chance. Folks like Mister redfornow are the kind of fellers that feel better about them selves by cutten other folks down. Thoses kind of folks come an go. ;-)

S.R.R.":g2oy5gc2 said:
redfornow":g2oy5gc2 said:
S.R.R.":g2oy5gc2 said:
redfornow":g2oy5gc2 said:
Let it goooooo already.

MD

:lol: :lol: Now here is someone who has never heard of sarcasm!! :roll:

That makes two of us....

I read back through a page or to of this post and saw that I was being drawn into an argument and had not realized it.

I will let sleeping bulls lye for now ;-).

S.R.R.":cjum46vt said:
I read back through a page or to of this post and saw that I was being drawn into an argument and had not realized it.

It looks like an argument to me from the very first post.

backhoeboogie":utnes7lq said:
S.R.R.":utnes7lq said:

It looks like an argument to me from the very first post.

:lol: I think that is where it all started also.

Latest posts