AI for the rich and famous!!

Help Support CattleToday:

yes reg herds can make a killing selling AI sired bulls.keeps new bloodlines in the herds.i have nothing against AI.as a matter of fact id use it if i wasnt so stiff an wore out.it takes 2 good hands to AI cows.

bigbull338":1b3zynce said:
yes reg herds can make a killing selling AI sired bulls.keeps new bloodlines in the herds.i have nothing against AI.as a matter of fact id use it if i wasnt so stiff an wore out.it takes 2 good hands to AI cows.

Don't remind me about the AGE thing :)

C HOLLAND":bs21ewzd said:
bigbull338":bs21ewzd said:

Don't remind me about the AGE thing :)

Chris, all this time I thought you were about 30-35? :lol:

Len just left here. Filled my tank. Does he fill yours?

Yes, he told me he would be here before Turkey day. I wish I had sent you a check and had him bring me the Rio semen, I may do that on his trip in Jan-Feb. if that's OK with you and him.

Mike I may have few years on you, I think anyway, or you didnt age as bad as I have in the last 5 years. 55 here I get the senior discount everywhere I go and I dont have to show the ID :)))

bigbull338":3846aaqd said:
it takes 2 good hands to AI cows.
Which is the reason after more years then I like to remeber we got a bull for clean up this year.
But that doesn;t have any bearing on the recommendation for beginners to do AI if they can instead of running a bull.

dun

dun":1u7occzz said:
But I'll bow to your vastly greater knowledge of small scale cattle raising, particualrly where it comes to smaller acreages.
dun

What is your problem dun why do you take things so personal and start throwing out the insults when some one else might have a good point that does not agree with yours??
You have only had a bull for less then one year and then only as a clean up. You have very little room to talk on this subject.

I'm thinking about AIing our heifers this year.

I could buy a angus bull and turn him loose and then sell him and be out the money to buy a bull and then resale at the barn.

I could keep the bull for several years and then sell him and come out ahead.

Something just over 30 heifers would be the break even point.

S.R.R.":2j600ph3 said:
dun":2j600ph3 said:
But I'll bow to your vastly greater knowledge of small scale cattle raising, particualrly where it comes to smaller acreages.
dun

What is your problem dun why do you take things so personal and start throwing out the insults when some one else might have a good point that does not agree with yours??
You have only had a bull for less then one year and then only as a clean up. You have very little room to talk on this subject.

I would imagine that dun has a lot of room to talk on any subject.

Sure a lot cheaper to AI 15 (or so) or less cows that to keep a bull and feed him for 4 yrs.

Alan

Alan":2ak0bo2d said:
Sure a lot cheaper to AI 15 (or so) or less cows that to keep a bull and feed him for 4 yrs.

Alan

But you lose the tradition of all of the things that go with having a bull

dun

dun":19pcr8ov said:

dun

I'd put that down as a mean answer.

Wewild":1271j1p5 said:
dun":1271j1p5 said:

dun

I put that down as someone who knows what he is talking about.
,,,,I personally put this post down as one of the biggest waste.

C HOLLAND":3gdxu971 said:

Why would you say somthing like that?? This is a post that has all of us rethinking bulls and their value. How can any kind of cattlemen think that, that is a " waste "???

S.R.R.":oxqfzh5t said:
C HOLLAND":oxqfzh5t said:

Why would you say somthing like that?? This is a post that has all of us rethinking bulls and their value. How can any kind of cattlemen think that, that is a " waste "???

SRR,,,,NOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,this post is where people like you try to stir the pot and force people to see it your way,,,I personally think you are wanting to blame the part time/hobby people for your POOR BOTTOM LINE,,,,,well wake up and get off the computer and go tend to your farm and quit paying someone to do what you should be doing.

I can understand how a part timer can have time on here during the day when they work in an office job (like I do), but who is tending to this BIG HERD for you, and if you were not sitting at the computer all day, then maybe AI would be an option for you because you might actually see a cow in standing heat and you too could AI if you so choose.

This is the land of the FREE,,,and we have a choice to do as we see fit.

Wewild":26ll6qun said:
Alice":26ll6qun said:
Wewild":26ll6qun said:
dun":26ll6qun said:

dun

Why?

Alice

Because it was a shot. It was meant in ugly way to hurt SSR.

Thats SRR,,,and that was a shot,,,and dont confuse it with anything else.

C HOLLAND":2fnn7cln said:
Wewild":2fnn7cln said:
Alice":2fnn7cln said:
Wewild":2fnn7cln said:
dun":2fnn7cln said:

dun

Why?

Alice

Because it was a shot. It was meant in ugly way to hurt SSR.

I reckon so.

I don't recall him being so bad in the past. I guess he or she still has the right to do that in Canada.

C HOLLAND":1znh6tp7 said:

Very mature of you c holland, glad to have met you. :roll: I can see by your posts that you are not a full timer and that is O.K. My spouse has to work off the ranch just to make ends meet around here but we have loved this life for far to long to give it up now!!

Wewild":pbinf8iy said:
[ I guess he or she still has the right to do that in Canada.

:oops: :oops: I am a he, Wewild I am not in the habit of posting personal pictures but I did put a few up of my son inlaw, a buck I shot and myself on the "pictures for purecountry" post on the breeds board. Take a look I am all male ;-)

Latest posts