AI and CHF

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Leanred a lesson this week. Seems that with CHF after they have it more or less under control you can still AI the easy quick cows, but only one. If you get the hard ones you'll run out of energy/strength before you can get it done. And even with easy ones you can;t do 2 even with a 10 minute break between them. Seems to take a whole lot more out of you then you would think.

Sorry to hear it. I know my mother on law is having a hard time with it after triple bypass and 3 stents.

Workinonit Farm":yz2sq8fh said:
A friend of ours has similar issues, and it certainly frustrates the heck out of him.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up.

Katherine
That's exactly what it is, frustration. We all get to the "not as good as I once was but still as good once as I ever was". It's the not even once deal that really depresses the snot out of me

Well the good thing is you're still around.
I know it's frustrating but you just need to pace yourself and figure out the best way to get things done. The alternative isn't exactly a rosy picture either

It is exceptionally frustrating when the mind says go and the body says no. At least for most of us it's a temporary deal... sounds like yours might be around awhile and I hate that.

dun":jr5fl8pc said:
Leanred a lesson this week. Seems that with CHF after they have it more or less under control you can still AI the easy quick cows, but only one. If you get the hard ones you'll run out of energy/strength before you can get it done.
CHF? Congestive heart failure?
What do you say when they tell you to quit smoking? Just curious.

My cousin was in hospital and physician told him he wasn't going to treat him unless he quit smoking.
Cousin said, "If you are not treating me, then you are mistreating me. Get my clothes, i'm going home."
And he did.

Wasn;t looking for sympathy (I don;t think) just was so dam frustrated and vented. As I've told the docs, I've had a helluva good run and if I kick I kick. We're all in the process of dying from the instant we're born so it's just the final chapter.
I used to believe that getting old beat the alternative, not so sure about that anymore.

dun":3onnrp2g said:
Wasn;t looking for sympathy (I don;t think) just was so dam frustrated and vented. As I've told the docs, I've had a helluva good run and if I kick I kick. We're all in the process of dying from the instant we're born so it's just the final chapter.
I used to believe that getting old beat the alternative, not so sure about that anymore.
From the day we're born, Dun, it's destined we'll die. I hope you don't yet agree that the alternative is better -- not yet. :heart:

dun":1j0l0bsi said:
Workinonit Farm":1j0l0bsi said:
A friend of ours has similar issues, and it certainly frustrates the heck out of him.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up.

Katherine
That's exactly what it is, frustration. We all get to the "not as good as I once was but still as good once as I ever was". It's the not even once deal that really depresses the snot out of me

I'm sure!! With our friend, he got rather cranky for awhile and a bit "depressed", he needed his times for ranting and "showing his a$$". Some folks misunderstood it, some brushed him off and the rest of us went along with him. He's finally gotten to where he's not nearly as cranky, and realizes that when we offer to lend a hand it's not because we want to do it for him but because we know he wants to do for himself and that by accepting a spare hand or suggestion for an alternate way we are recognizing that he's still a capable man, just not in the same capacity. There are times now when he jokes about it, and we all have a little good fun in the process and he's a happier guy than he had been. But it took a while.

Katherine

Latest posts