Aggressive young bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Or maybe, since it's a treatment center, he has other more pressing things could have come up.

Alice

crossbreed curt":3yzm6zwh said:
If you put cows in with him it might calm him down .

The best thing to put ith him to calm him down is some taters and a mess of beans on a plate.

dun

What about a high powered rifle. That would calm him down. Might even be the safest way.

Walt

Bulls don't need to be old and large to be a problem. We have two black 500# cutter (ex) bulls that will try to take you if you get into or close to thier dry lot. My son thought it was funny, but my uncle and my dad are getting a little too slow at jumping over fences. These two steers will never walk on my pasture.

I that three red limi cross cutter bulls like them last year and I made the mistake of keeping them. Great looking steers from a distance... but I had my uncle knocked done, two panels smashed, and a gate dented when we loaded them out.

cowboyup216":1z39m5e1 said:
I reckon akraemer hasnt posted back cuz that bull killed him??????

Nope, he hasn't got me yet. Just was out of the office for the weekend, and at Opening Day for the Tiger's yesterday.

Thanks to all of you for you advice. I am now much more worried than I was when I posted. We are currently making plans to get rid of the bull. The client's won't be happy, but they'll still be ablw to walk, which has its benefits.

Thanks again for all your advice and stories.

Andrew

ps-Anyone need a year old holstein bull :)

We always carry a gun when checking the cattle---- just in
case we ever DO have to shoot any bovine ( or dogs harrassing the new calves) Some body is MISSING 3 large
dogs as of yesterday( if you get my drift! ) ;-)

Please,PLEASE,PLEASE Get rid of this thing now!! Do not let anyone in the pasture'til he's gone.. If you won't think of safety,think of lawsuits!!

We have a bottle fed bull that is gentle but, he is still a bull. When there is a fence between him and anyone, he will allow them to pet him and he quite enjoys it. He will eat from our hands and is what we consider, tame. However, when there is no fence between him and ANYONE, we never turn our back on him, never assume that he's always going to be gentle and playful no matter what the conditions. When bulls are upset, for what ever the reason, he will charge. It's genetic. When ever a bull, no matter how gentle he's been in the past, pushes you with his head, it's the begining of a charging mode and he is not safe under any circumstances. I would not recommend "introducing" him to any more strangers. He will defend his territory. What once was playful can turn tragic without any kind of warning.

Bassett Lake Ranch":10g6dhrt said:
We have a bottle fed bull that is gentle but, he is still a bull. When there is a fence between him and anyone, he will allow them to pet him and he quite enjoys it. He will eat from our hands and is what we consider, tame. However, when there is no fence between him and ANYONE, we never turn our back on him, never assume that he's always going to be gentle and playful no matter what the conditions. When bulls are upset, for what ever the reason, he will charge. It's genetic. When ever a bull, no matter how gentle he's been in the past, pushes you with his head, it's the begining of a charging mode and he is not safe under any circumstances. I would not recommend "introducing" him to any more strangers. He will defend his territory. What once was playful can turn tragic without any kind of warning.

I promise - cross my heart - I will not post any more on this thread - the reason is folks - I am a survivor and here - yet again - is another "my pet bull story".

Good God .........

Unless the fence is solid wood or steel - you are fooling yourself and everyone else. The problem is - I give a da mn about you - it is the innocent that gets tagged down the road because of you.

I can never understand people like you:

He will eat from our hands and is what we consider, tame.

I do not know you and you will be upset at me - but - it is people like you that are train wrecks waiting to happen. If that train wreck does not happen, then you get other folks thinking it is ok as well.

Trust me - you are the folks that create a lot of the trouble.

Stop writing about your "pet bull" and giving us the double standard info when you post. It is an absolute load of crapola.

The "He is so gentle" - and the "we are so carfull" is a load of bull schitzen.

You have obviously never watched a bull go through a fence.

Enjoy the day - best regards,

Bez>

Bez>":3edi8qgh said:
You have obviously never watched a bull go through a fence.

Bez>

Its quite the sight indeed!

Have a friend, took his bull 'to the market', 'friendly' bull, calm, quiet, never had a problem with him. Was selling him because it was time for some new genetics. Once off the truck, that bull tore up the place! Plowed through the pen he was in, smashed through 2 alley-ways, through another pen and out into the parking lot and headed up the road! Folks finally caught up with him, herded him back to the parking lot, onto another truck where a bullet met with his head.

It happens.

Katherine

Get a dog to pet and can that sucker before he camps on you. Holstein bulls kill more people than bears every year in North America-once they hit puberty they are bad dudes.

Latest posts