Aggressive young bull

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":2wh6pvh1 said:
Alice":2wh6pvh1 said:
john250":2wh6pvh1 said:
What all the others said.
You ain't gonna win a fight with someone who outweighs you by half a ton.

Or repeatedly slams full force into the back bumper of a 1967 Chevy pickup while it is running 20 miles an hour...w/o once stopping to shake it's head. :shock:

Alice

Or tosses 1500 lb bales around like soccer balls.

Whoa! You win...

Alice

Alice":3r6lbiev said:
john250":3r6lbiev said:
Alice":3r6lbiev said:
john250":3r6lbiev said:

Or repeatedly slams full force into the back bumper of a 1967 Chevy pickup while it is running 20 miles an hour...w/o once stopping to shake it's head. :shock:

Alice

Whoa! You win...

Alice

Wait a minute...1500 lb bales? You almost got me there. :lol:

Alice

Alice":fqoljlxs said:
john250":fqoljlxs said:
Alice":fqoljlxs said:
john250":fqoljlxs said:

Alice

Whoa! You win...

Alice

OK, I lied. They are only 1000 lb bales.

john250":244u60bn said:
Alice":244u60bn said:
Alice":244u60bn said:

Alice

Whoa! You win...

Alice

OK, I lied. They are only 1000 lb bales.

That's more like it... :p

Alice

Alice":3t6q9b7n said:
john250":3t6q9b7n said:

Alice

I guess that settles the Ford v. Chevy debate. Fords will go faster than 20 mph across the pasture.

john250":100y0bpk said:
Alice":100y0bpk said:
john250":100y0bpk said:

Alice

I guess that settles the Ford v. Chevy debate. Fords will go faster than 20 mph across the pasture.

You're not figuring in the terraces... :p

Alice

Alice":uobv4pfx said:
john250":uobv4pfx said:
Alice":uobv4pfx said:
john250":uobv4pfx said:

Alice

Alice

I had a Black Angus bull behind a weak fence, and 60 feet away across the county road there was a cow in heat, behind a weak fence.
I went back to the shop and cut a 5' long 2*2 chunk of red Oak. I was in my 20's and fast enough to get away with it. Hammered that bull until he forgot about sex. Temporarily.

He went back into our herd, and soon found a new love.

I have some terraces. The bull has never caught up with me.

john250":3tk6ki5b said:
Alice":3tk6ki5b said:
Alice":3tk6ki5b said:

Alice

Alice

I had a Black Angus bull behind a weak fence, and 60 feet away across the county road there was a cow in heat, behind a weak fence.
I went back to the shop and cut a 5' long 2*2 chunk of red Oak. I was in my 20's and fast enough to get away with it. Hammered that bull until he forgot about sex. Temporarily.

He went back into our herd, and soon found a new love.

I have some terraces. The bull has never caught up with me.

You aren't 70 years old... :p

Alice

I know everyone else has told you this but I am hoping the more people who tell you maybe you will do it, you have to get rid of that bull. You can't keep him at your treatment center. He will hurt someone, either accidentally or on purpose. Have you ever watched two bulls "play" together? They can push each other through sturdy corral fences without effort. That could be you or someone else at the center. You and your patients probably really like this guy so that is a hard thing to hear but if it were me he would be gone. I would get either a heifer or a steer calf and train it well as a calf. Don't let it push or play with people. Teach it people are friends as long as they are also bosses. The heifer may have to be kept away from people when she is in heat (some are nutty, some not) but then she can have calves and who doesn't love patting a baby? A steer is a good choice because they have no hormones so they are the most stable.

Victoria is a kind and compassionate person who may know a lot more than me about cattle, but I recommend you get rid of that bovine and do not replace it with any form of cattle.

Cattle are not pets. They are livestock, and any one of them can become dangerous.

I would highly recommend you get rid of the bull now. I have been fortunate enough to only have one aggressive bull. When I was a teenager we always kept Charlais bulls. We had one four year old that was in with twenty-four cows at the time in the summer pasture. I had gone out once a week all summer to salt them and this bull had been very calm, never shown any aggressive behavior. He would even let my grandfather scratch his rear. Close to the end of the summer when I went to salt them, he chased me over the gate. I wouldn't have made it if there was not a gate close. I told my grandfather what he had done, and me being a 14 year old green horn, he was going to show me how much of a fool I was and went in the field with the bull. Luckily, he trusted my judgment enough to take a pitchfork with him. This is what saved him. Two hair raising hours later he was in the trailer on the way to the sale barn. I learned something very important that day, never trust a 2200lb animal, no matter how docile that they are, and in hindsight, aggressive cattle are much easier to load if they are white paper. :idea:

This is where your Holstein bull should end up....as soon as you can get the slaughter truck out.....and stay away from him...he is a loaded cannon with a lit fuse!

beefcutsad020a.jpg

80966c99.jpg

akraemer":3loj21rx said:
Hi,

I work at a treatment center that is set on a farm, and we have a holstein bull that is about a year old. Recently he has become very playful, and wants to push everyone who goes into the pasture around with his head. Sometimes he seems a little rough, and I currently have a large bruise from him trying to play.

I'm wondering if there is a way to behave around him that will decrease this behavior? Often the clients will push back at his head, which seems to encourage him, but it's also the natural thing to do.

Also, would castrating him help with this? Will he grow out of it? Do I need to be very concerned that he will accidentally hurt someone, or that he might lose his temper and hurt someone?

I'm just looking for any sort of advice on how to make sure everyone stays safe. Thanks for any suggestions.

Three pages of response - perhaps all telling a story that does not want to be heard?

Bez>

AngusLimoX":3m125545 said:
Bez>":3m125545 said:
Three pages of response - perhaps all telling a story that does not want to be heard?

Bez>

Not fair Bez.

One page was Alice courting john250, and the other was your post!

:lol: :lol:

Ok, ok - I will take that very legitimate hit. :D

I do tend to ramble on at times. You should see me when I get real talkative. 8)

Do you think Alice and John might be an item? I hear Alice is a real looker - head turner all the way - but I do not know John. 8)

Bez>

Bez>":2c9vf6hi said:
AngusLimoX":2c9vf6hi said:
Bez>":2c9vf6hi said:

Bez>

Not fair Bez.

One page was Alice courting john250, and the other was your post!

Ok, ok - I will take that very legitimate hit. :D

I do tend to ramble on at times. You should see me when I get real talkative. 8)

Do you think Alice and John might be an item? I hear Alice is a real looker - head turner all the way - but I do not know John. 8)

Bez>

A real looker? Nah...I'm hot!...for a 55 year old grandmother of 6. 8)

Alice

oh you said looker! with an L. haha. that is so not what i read the first time. anyway, i just thought that was funny. no offense alice.

Beefy":24da4hkl said:
oh you said looker! with an L. haha. that is so not what i read the first time. anyway, i just thought that was funny. no offense alice.

And, we know where your mind is, beefy...out with the doe and the 50 bucks...

Alice

we wanna see some pics of alice..i seen crisy and she IS a hottie. i thought the pics were phoney til i saw some others.... ;-) :p :shock: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Beefy":1rc3yx0e said:

You be careful big fella , vbd be crackin you upside the head, once he gets done with john250!

:lol:

Latest posts