add on bucket hay spears

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
Anyone use an add on bucket hay spear. I need to stack a few round bales. Also where is a good place to buy one?

Only thing I don;t like about them is it puts the load WAAY out in front instead of upclose so it's harder on the equipment

I have had one for years.

mine slips on the lower lip and then chains over the entire bucket with a chain tightener.

I put a section of 4x6 on top of my bucket to keep the weight and the chain from deforming the top of the bucket.

So it seems that they are ok to use just hard to see in front of your tractor. I need to stack some round bales and cannot justify a hydraulic spear. Sounds like they are easy to use . Thanks for the replies and stay safe.

Tractor supply for mine for around 175 bucks, I had to drill a hole in the center of the bucket. Ok if you are not using it for hundreds of bales but mine eventually trashed my bucket by flexing the center of it and work hardening it, so not a real good deal after a long time, but just a small amount no problem.

I used 3 point hitch hay spear, it sets in the bucket and pinned at the top. works great.

I welded a heavy pipe collar to the top of the bucket on a friends Kubota. One of the slide in and bolt type spears works good. But it takes a pretty good counterwegith in the rear for any bale over a couple of hundred pounds.

If your handy you could build a regular bale spear for your loader cheaper than you buy one of those.

I've got one, like the others said you can sure see that bucket flex with a heavy bale. I finaly bought one that you take the bucket off and it goes on in place of the bucket. Gets the load back where it belongs, I just looked I gave $375 for it. I had some net that went bad on the bottom of the bales and bought a set of pallet forks to get those gathered up, they were $600 . If you were close I'd trade you lunch for the bolt in like you're wanting, oh yeah I'd a strawberry sundae too :p .

Larry

larry, thanks for the offer of a trade, alas i am in texas way to far. Although if you are ever in this area I will gladly buy your dinner.

i love my deere's "quick release" that makes it relatively easy to swap from spear to bucket.

Latest posts