Bale Spears

Help Support CattleToday:

I second the Titan family of products! USA made with great customer service. Frame with forks, spear and trailer mover for the loader. Use it at least once for something every time I take the tractor out. About $600+/- delivered.

I bought a 3pt spear for $35 at auction, it was missing the spear nut! Heavy duty, old and built right! Don't make them like this anymore....

May have made a mistake but bought a King Kutter. Made in the US at least and as cheap as some I saw sell in auctions. They even brought it to me' now to find an extra rear spear.

May have made a mistake but bought a King Kutter. Made in the US at least and as cheap as some I saw sell in auctions. They even brought it to me' now to find an extra rear spear.
Don't buy King Kutter. Quick attach doesn't mate up correctly and metal is thin. Spear came off loader in just a few uses.

Anything I have seen from titan is well built. If you want new you cant go wrong. I have used them and been surprised by the quality a few times.

I bought a Titan bale spear (double spear) for 3-point. It was rated for 3000#. Twisted it all to heck packing 1800# bale. Sent Titan some photos and they sent me a new one. I beefed it up by welding some heavy wall 3" square tubing along the bottom 3" square tubing. Had to add a couple pieces of smaller square tubing on the front to strengthen where the first one bent the worst.

Attachments

• IMG_20240422_071004.jpg
    IMG_20240422_071004.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240422_071315.jpg
    IMG_20240422_071315.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 15
Unfortunate. Sounds as customer service is ok. Someone else got my bucket teeth years ago, no problems on a refund. I have a set of forks and bale spear with ball and carry 1200 bales all winter. No issues. Heavy frame and forks, spear seams to be good ao far. Maybe im the one that got lucky.....hmmmm.

It's the thin ass MASSEY bucket I'm unhappy with. Bent all to hell just moving the rock for our driveways when we bought the place a few years back.

I have a couple my dad made that way. With my Vermeer balers the bales as so thigh they want go in. You can use them on the 5x5 bales kind of, but you just push the 5x4 bales trying to get them in. Even the tapered rods all the way out can be a pita to use. I have used pallet forks on some bales to move.
I remember having that trouble with a spear my dad bought. Brand new spear and couldn't use it (this was few years ago before the current what I call "square style". The neighbor had what looked to be a piece of junk, tip pointed somewhat at the ground. I think it was turned down just enough to not push them. I don't think it was on purpose but worked out. Dad ended up using the ram out of an old hydraulic cylinder. I don't remember where he got it or what it was from. They had a lathe where he worked, sharpened it like a big chrome pencil.

Latest posts