A moment of silence please...

Help Support CattleToday:

They told me the recipe however the equip is the problem which sucks because I have no idea where to get the stuff to build one

Ah! try the Irish stuff it is a good one.
My Great Grandfather back in Ireland during the depression, was arrested for having a still in his garden shed, and he had it piped down to the kitchen through a tap(faucit) when my Dad told me the story, I thought very ingenious but not the authorities.

skyhightree1":2iax8vs6 said:
They told me the recipe however the equip is the problem which sucks because I have no idea where to get the stuff to build one

Just as well because the government doesn't like you making it because they are afraid you will go blind and they care about you so much they'd rather throw you in prison than see you go blind.

I guess its different from place to place. Making good pie is a little different that just flavoring shine.

Shy i been told that a beer keg will make a nice little boiler.

Putting a hard fire under some femented apple juice will make a pretty good concoction too. Applejack. Not pie but devilishly good. One of those one glass wonders for sure. Dam I miss New Zealand.

Don't know about NZ but we had a visitor from Hungary a few months back that said it was legal for the folks there to distill 12 gallons a year per household member.

I think Czechoslavakia is the same. I had some of their stuff. Something brewed from a berry in the fence rows. It would fire you up for sure. In New Zealand and South Africa it won't make you blind if you make it there either so they permit it.

Makes you wonder what we might do wrong here to cause the blindness. Drinking shine may be the reason i now need reading glasses to see the fine print.

Jogeephus":uyr68myh said:
skyhightree1":uyr68myh said:

Just as well because the government doesn't like you making it because they are afraid you will go blind and they care about you so much they'd rather throw you in prison than see you go blind.

Good Point... Red thats pretty funny.

Red Bull Breeder":1g3q8bqi said:
Makes you wonder what we might do wrong here to cause the blindness. Drinking shine may be the reason i now need reading glasses to see the fine print.

Just be glad you didn't drink a bunch of it else you'd have turned into a liberal democrat. Just look at the Kennedy's.

Caustic Burno":ylv4mqru said:
Jogeephus":ylv4mqru said:
I'm in deep depression at this moment after learning the news yesterday that someone mistakenly poured thousands of litres of whiskey down the drain at the Chivas Brothers Distillery in Dunberton Scotland. The town's sewage workers were the first to notice the problem because the sewers began smelling of whiskey and they traced it back to the plant. What a loss! And I thought I had lost something when the lightening hit my cows this fall.

If you drink this brand you might want to stock up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-21614304

Go buy a gallon of Kerosene if you are a Scotch drinker, you will never know the difference.

my thoughts exactly.....
sour mash is my poison of choice....

Reading post brought back a memory of going out with a girl a few years back. Went to some joint to have some drinks. She and her dainty friend ordered Scotch's "neat". I said, gosh.. they didn't leave me much room to be manly. So I told the barmaid I needed the same, but to nuke it in the microwave first. :D

Jogeephus":1woe9emc said:
skyhightree1":1woe9emc said:

Is this an endorsement of "local" product? Throw "sustainable" and "organic" into the grant application and the govt will throw money at you for propping up the S GA economy.

Louisville, KY has some guys who will distill your private recipe. They were in the Louisville press, so I guess they have "ducks in a row" with the feds. They have a great big old copper still from a closed distiller. And mash tanks.

I've got some plans off the internet but just google something on topic like "still plans". If you can do some simple work with copper you are in.

I want to 2nd Dun on the "gives kerosene a bad name" comment. It does. I have no taste for Scotch at all. Everything I have tasted would have been considered "good stuff" because no one sets out to taste "bad" Scotch.
I have a bit of Scots in the background, I hate the stuff and wouldn't spend a dime for it. I think they'll get along just fine without me.

Commercialfarmer":6mu4athf said:
Reading post brought back a memory of going out with a girl a few years back. Went to some joint to have some drinks. She and her dainty friend ordered Scotch's "neat". I said, gosh.. they didn't leave me much room to be manly. So I told the barmaid I needed the same, but to nuke it in the microwave first. :D
People that have been drinking that stuff stink.
BTW did you know there are people who actually drink gin? Is that weird or what? :roll:

For $10,000 the ATF will give you some forms and requirements and then they will do something to it where it won't make you blind. (I think they do some type of a voodoo dance or something over the still but I'm not sure. I wish I knew what they did to make it so safe.

The really good ones around "Shine City" here have all died off mostly. Jo they could have told you how to do it. They were artists.

Latest posts