A Great Government Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Tobacco is an evil weed,
Because the Devil sowed the seed.
Soils your pockets and stains your clothes,
And makes a smoke stack outta your nose.

Tobacco was our cash crop. We sold milk to the cheese plant in Cynthiana for week to week money. Oddly, neither mom or dad touched alcohol or tobacco. And out of 5 children, none use tobacco products.

I guess I was just never man enough to dip or chew. Made me sick as a dog every time I tried it.
Last time I tried it (in my 20s) was on horseback. I couldn't stand the dizziness/vertigo and had to walk him back home.

greybeard":3993pbyb said:
I guess I was just never man enough to dip or chew. Made me sick as a dog every time I tried it.
Last time I tried it (in my 20s) was on horseback. I couldn't stand the dizziness/vertigo and had to walk him back home.

I did chew once as a kid, thought I'd be cool. I swallowed the juice by accident and just about decorated everything in sight. I'm a cigar man, myself, but the last one I had was so gross that I'll probably pass on smoking anything ever again.

Bestoutwest":118bnvdd said:
greybeard":118bnvdd said:

I did chew once as a kid, thought I'd be cool. I swallowed the juice by accident and just about decorated everything in sight. I'm a cigar man, myself, but the last one I had was so gross that I'll probably pass on smoking anything ever again.

Been dipping way to long. haven't spit in over 20 yrs , and most of the time I just swallow the dip before I eat , Guess that's why im not wormy

M-5":10z1ydll said:
Bestoutwest":10z1ydll said:
greybeard":10z1ydll said:

Been dipping way to long. haven't spit in over 20 yrs , and most of the time I just swallow the dip before I eat , Guess that's why im not wormy

That actually explains quite a lot about you.

M-5":34uzr9ek said:
Bestoutwest":34uzr9ek said:
greybeard":34uzr9ek said:

My uncle worked and dipped for a long time and did as you do. He died with stomach cancer colon cancer and cancer about every where in the digestive system.

hurleyjd":iml11li2 said:
M-5":iml11li2 said:
Bestoutwest":iml11li2 said:

My uncle worked and dipped for a long time and did as you do. He died with stomach cancer colon cancer and cancer about every where in the digestive system.

I have known a few folks that's smoked and chewed into their nineties before it finally killed them. I know full well the risk and reasonability lies squarely on my shoulders. As does my responsibility not to be a leach to the systems that so many hypocrites use everyday.

M-5":ytdkzjej said:
Bestoutwest":ytdkzjej said:
greybeard":ytdkzjej said:

Good grief 5

callmefence":31k9n2vc said:
M-5":31k9n2vc said:
Bestoutwest":31k9n2vc said:

Good grief 5

Had a nurse tell me 3 times Monday that she did not believe what the chart said my age was. Ill claim that's what keeps me handsome and young looking

M-5":le8uydo5 said:
hurleyjd":le8uydo5 said:
M-5":le8uydo5 said:

I have known a few folks that's smoked and chewed into their nineties before it finally killed them. I know full well the risk and reasonability lies squarely on my shoulders. As does my responsibility not to be a leach to the systems that so many hypocrites use everyday.

My dad smokes - chews a cigar or 2 everyday, hopefully he'll make it 26 more days to 90.

M-5":3osua3qn said:
callmefence":3osua3qn said:
M-5":3osua3qn said:

Good grief 5

Had a nurse tell me 3 times Monday that she did not believe what the chart said my age was. Ill claim that's what keeps me handsome and young looking

She needs glasses.

hurleyjd":k1ulnp6f said:

Something's got to kill you, might as well enjoy life. The longer I work in medical the more I don't want to live too long. I figure you end up either shytting your pants b/c you can't remember not to or your body can't remember not to. I'm thinking 80's a good trip, but b/c of my heart condition I'll feel lucky if I make it to 65. But, I'm going to have as good a 65 as I can, and if I want to drink and smoke and do other stupid things, well, what the he//, right?

True Grit Farms":9cwog0ub said:
M-5":9cwog0ub said:
callmefence":9cwog0ub said:
Good grief 5

She needs glasses.

I'm not sure that would even help. Did her breath smell like alcohol? Maybe she had her beer goggles on.

Bestoutwest":lhl3dkpl said:
True Grit Farms":lhl3dkpl said:
M-5":lhl3dkpl said:

She needs glasses.

I'm not sure that would even help. Did her breath smell like alcohol? Maybe she had her beer goggles on.

I was at the ophthalmologist so glasses were not the issue I assume it was because of her age , You know that these late 20's and early 30's hotties like 50 yr old men

M-5":154emmeu said:
Bestoutwest":154emmeu said:
True Grit Farms":154emmeu said:
She needs glasses.

I was at the ophthalmologist so glasses were not the issue I assume it was because of her age , You know that these late 20's and early 30's hotties like 50 yr old men

She probably liked you because you remind her of her father.

About tobacco use, I've made it 56 years without ever trying it. I always figured I had too many other bad habits to start another one.

True Grit Farms":2xgjlqow said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xgjlqow said:
True Grit Farms":2xgjlqow said:
Well duh that's all part of the liability and lawyer issues. The actual producer gets a reward for producing a product that a company gets fined to use. But the real irony is after all is said and done both parties are still doing the samething, and the end users are still dying. Stupid is as stupid does at it's finest.

Nobody ever had a gun to their head and was forced to smoke.

Let me make your head explode, my in laws had a pretty good sizes tobacco base and they were paid $113,000 over a 10 year period to STOP growing tobacco. They did stop but they leased that same ground to other farmers who wanted to continue growing. We still lease out 23 acres and 4 barns to this day. I could quadruple that if I wanted to cut back on the cattle. Heck, I'd probably bottom line more that way.

My retirement plan is based off liquor sales so yes I can relate to what your saying. But it's still ironic how things work.

So liquor is a good thing? From your previous comments I thought you felt the same way about liquor.

tom4018":3hh9phob said:
So liquor is a good thing? From your previous comments I thought you felt the same way about liquor.

I live in Mormon country. They don't drink it either, but they'll sure sell the heck out of it.

When I was in school, we had a guy that covertly chewed all day in class.
He'd spit in one of his boots.
We called him 'Soggy'.

Latest posts