A Great Government Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":86lr4lhl said:
TennesseeTuxedo":86lr4lhl said:
Ol' 243":86lr4lhl said:
Nope, sorry TT . . . . . Don't wanna pay for you neither

Well dang it, I may have to turn to Uncle Sam then.

2hdv5sk.jpg

Why's he pointing at me? I want him, he doesn't want me.

Everyone that's taken a disaster relief check, cost share and etc better not make a single negative comment about welfare, EBT, WIC and so on.
I've sat and listened to too many farmers at the coffee shop moan and groan about welfare only to see them on the list
https://farm.ewg.org/index.php

Ain't no different.
Just a different level of welfare.
Welfare buys shiny rims and a big screen TV and balling in an old impala.

A farmer buys the misses a new SUV, tummy tuck and a boob job.
They go on vacation to the Bahamas while the farm hands bust their azz.
They look down on the poor working folks and donate a 100 to charity trying to buy a ticket to heaven.
It's all BS
I've worked my azz off and still paying a tax debt only to see my neighbors play the game, see their name on the list and live well

cow pollinater":1x1ckfsr said:
Bright Raven":1x1ckfsr said:
Ol' 243":1x1ckfsr said:
It pizzes me off to be paying for your shyt.

Hey, next time I see you, I owe you a beer. :tiphat:
Gotta hand i to you, it takes a special kind of arrogant to brag about being a leech.

All joking aside y'all do understand there are no taxpayer dollars involved in the KY tobacco buyout program right?

cow pollinater":39qrtse7 said:
Craig Miller":39qrtse7 said:
but since none of you proud fellows are willing to accept the help the money is instead going to bigger richer farmers who know how to use the system and aren't ashamed of it.
I strongly disagree. I left CA during a massive drought and was involved in ag in all levels and in multiple segments. Some of the biggest companies thumbed their nose at drought assistance and some part timers that were virtually unaffected cashed in. It has a lot more to do with character than size and I am not all that happy about paying for fence for part timers.

Exactly everyone in a community knows who the crooks and freeloaders are in farming and ranching . and a vast portion of them talk down about welfare but are first in line to get a handout . hypocrites

Cross-7":31l324p9 said:
Everyone that's taken a disaster relief check, cost share and etc better not make a single negative comment about welfare, EBT, WIC and so on.
I've sat and listened to too many farmers at the coffee shop moan and groan about welfare only to see them on the list

Ain't no different.

They look down on the poor working folks and donate a 100 to charity trying to buy a ticket to heaven.
It's all BS
I've worked my azz off and still paying a tax debt only to see my neighbors play the game, see their name on the list and live well

Excellent post and I agree 100%. But I do have a question, since the book job was paid for with taxpayers shouldn't we be able to inspect the job.

True Grit Farms":2bfrd5ne said:
Cross-7":2bfrd5ne said:

Ain't no different.

It's all BS

Excellent post and I agree 100%. But I do have a question, since the book job was paid for with taxpayers shouldn't we be able to inspect the job.

I just wanna see the hottie with the boob job myself.

Cross-7":2inoqe0q said:

Ain't no different.

It's all BS

I agree with a lot of this Cross, great post:

1. I don't talk down welfare, EBT, WIC, so on. Heck, if I knew how, I would sign up.

2. Boob jobs are vanity and it will send you to heII.

3. I do donate to charity but I don't look down my nose at poor working folk.

4. I think going to heaven is for sissies.

TennesseeTuxedo":1p6o0dhi said:
True Grit Farms":1p6o0dhi said:
Cross-7":1p6o0dhi said:

Ain't no different.

It's all BS

Delete

Cross-7":taew57sf said:
TennesseeTuxedo":taew57sf said:
True Grit Farms":taew57sf said:

The boob job was paid for with hard earned money and not a government dime.
FYI it was worth every penny, just a shame someone else is getting the benefit and not me :shock:

You should have built a fence instead of putting money in assets that are liquid. 8)

Bright Raven":2hqrqmfm said:
Dave":2hqrqmfm said:
I know that there are variations in these programs from state to state. Having said that, I recently retired after nearly 23 years of being very heavily involved with a similar program here in Washington State. My educated guess is that the government spent a lot more than the $3,500 you will receive to administer and implement your project. For the individual landowners some of them are great. Others it actually cost the landowner more than if they had just done the project on their own. I have witnessed some huge wastes in time and dollars. Even on the good project someone is paying for the administration cost. And that someone is the taxpayers. I knew how to play the game and got lots of dollars for my landowners. I tried to just fund worthwhile projects but not all turned out that way. I ended up with some landowners who asked me for money every time I saw them. It didn't matter what the money was for they just wanted free money.

A great government program? After my experience I have my doubts. Some serious doubts.

This program is part of the County agents job. There is a board that volunteers to do the selection and approval. It will be inspected Thursday before I submit my receipts. Candidly, I participate because most farmers do. The process is very simple.

County agents do not administer the program in all counties.

tom4018":1snjh6al said:
Bright Raven":1snjh6al said:
Dave":1snjh6al said:
I know that there are variations in these programs from state to state. Having said that, I recently retired after nearly 23 years of being very heavily involved with a similar program here in Washington State. My educated guess is that the government spent a lot more than the $3,500 you will receive to administer and implement your project. For the individual landowners some of them are great. Others it actually cost the landowner more than if they had just done the project on their own. I have witnessed some huge wastes in time and dollars. Even on the good project someone is paying for the administration cost. And that someone is the taxpayers. I knew how to play the game and got lots of dollars for my landowners. I tried to just fund worthwhile projects but not all turned out that way. I ended up with some landowners who asked me for money every time I saw them. It didn't matter what the money was for they just wanted free money.

A great government program? After my experience I have my doubts. Some serious doubts.

This program is part of the County agents job. There is a board that volunteers to do the selection and approval. It will be inspected Thursday before I submit my receipts. Candidly, I participate because most farmers do. The process is very simple.

County agents do not administer the program in all counties.

You are correct. Counties administer it in different ways and in different amounts.

It is a very popular program in Kentucky. In this area, everyone I know who qualifies uses it. The projects include the following:

1. Genetic Improvement
2. Hay shelters
3. Fencing
4. Automatic watering systems
5. Handling facilities
6. Farm buildings for calving, weather protection, etc.

May be a few others. The program has been around many years.