A Glass Filled Half Way

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
Lately, I have been aware of the glass half filled scenario...
In the case of a glass half filled, is it half full or half empty?
Relative to the weather, should it be partly sunny or partly cloudy....
Relative to people... A person who has one black parent and one white parent, should this person be called black or white?
In my case, my mother is a full blooded Spaniard... Her parents coming from Spain.. My dad is of English decent... So am I Hispanic or White?
Being 57 years old, who cares... It made no difference to me before and It really makes no difference to me now. I just find it interesting how people choose to perceive things...

cattleluvr18":11bz0mfz said:
milesvb":11bz0mfz said:
Spaniards aren't white people? :?
no but english people are.

right now in my life, my glass is just half way. its not full nor empty, but just half way.

I'm mostly German. Do I belong in the white people club or is that definition much more narrow than I ever imagined?

My definition, "white people" = Europeans. If not, are Italians and Greeks white people? What about Slavics?

And further more, what difference does it make?

Just Curious":prhzunlv said:
Lately, I have been aware of the glass half filled scenario...
In the case of a glass half filled, is it half full or half empty?

If you glass is anything more than half filled, you simply don't have a big enough glass. It is always best to have some margin. If you have a full glass, there's never room to expand.

If you are half English and half Spanish that makes you a "Cocker Spaniard". ;-)

MikeC":1k8d21as said:
If you are half English and half Spanish that makes you a "Cocker Spaniard". ;-)

And perhaps with a bit of an english accent or a spanish accent depending on who you spent the most time with.

My mother was born in Bolivia..full blood indian...Dad was just typical "red neck" drilling engineer. Now that makes me a "half breed"..Funny.....if I was a cow I'd be a high class "cross breed". :nod: :lol2: :nod:

milesvb":1qe58qyw said:
cattleluvr18":1qe58qyw said:
milesvb":1qe58qyw said:
Spaniards aren't white people? :?
no but english people are.

right now in my life, my glass is just half way. its not full nor empty, but just half way.

I'm mostly German. Do I belong in the white people club or is that definition much more narrow than I ever imagined?

My definition, "white people" = Europeans. If not, are Italians and Greeks white people? What about Slavics?

And further more, what difference does it make?

Maybe Caucasian would be the better term to use.

MikeC":qwrltt0d said:
ROTFLMAO :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
That was very funny... Not to mention clever... :clap:

american-cocker-spaniel_trd030ca012.jpg

Black? White? Brown?
Team Player? Definitely...
BTW... I am an American Breed... Not a cross breed, half breed, Latino, Lutino, White, Caucasian, Hispanic-American, or English-American...
Maybe when "we" as an entire Country figure this out again, we'll really begin to move forward again...
Chuck Lewis
Ronan, MT
Semper Fidelis

Just Curious":3gz05143 said:
Team Player? Definitely...

Definately the most important thing. I don' t care what color, nationality or religion a person is as long as the person is working toward the common good and not asking me to tote him when they can walk just as good as me.