A Glass Filled Half Way

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
Lately, I have been aware of the glass half filled scenario...
In the case of a glass half filled, is it half full or half empty?
Relative to the weather, should it be partly sunny or partly cloudy....
Relative to people... A person who has one black parent and one white parent, should this person be called black or white?
In my case, my mother is a full blooded Spaniard... Her parents coming from Spain.. My dad is of English decent... So am I Hispanic or White?
Being 57 years old, who cares... It made no difference to me before and It really makes no difference to me now. I just find it interesting how people choose to perceive things...

cattleluvr18":11bz0mfz said:
milesvb":11bz0mfz said:
Spaniards aren't white people? :?
no but english people are.

right now in my life, my glass is just half way. its not full nor empty, but just half way.

I'm mostly German. Do I belong in the white people club or is that definition much more narrow than I ever imagined?

My definition, "white people" = Europeans. If not, are Italians and Greeks white people? What about Slavics?

And further more, what difference does it make?

Just Curious":prhzunlv said:
Lately, I have been aware of the glass half filled scenario...
In the case of a glass half filled, is it half full or half empty?

If you glass is anything more than half filled, you simply don't have a big enough glass. It is always best to have some margin. If you have a full glass, there's never room to expand.

If you are half English and half Spanish that makes you a "Cocker Spaniard". ;-)

MikeC":1k8d21as said:
If you are half English and half Spanish that makes you a "Cocker Spaniard". ;-)

And perhaps with a bit of an english accent or a spanish accent depending on who you spent the most time with.

My mother was born in Bolivia..full blood indian...Dad was just typical "red neck" drilling engineer. Now that makes me a "half breed"..Funny.....if I was a cow I'd be a high class "cross breed". :nod: :lol2: :nod:

milesvb":1qe58qyw said:
cattleluvr18":1qe58qyw said:
milesvb":1qe58qyw said:
Spaniards aren't white people? :?
no but english people are.

right now in my life, my glass is just half way. its not full nor empty, but just half way.

I'm mostly German. Do I belong in the white people club or is that definition much more narrow than I ever imagined?

My definition, "white people" = Europeans. If not, are Italians and Greeks white people? What about Slavics?

And further more, what difference does it make?

Maybe Caucasian would be the better term to use.

MikeC":qwrltt0d said:
ROTFLMAO :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
That was very funny... Not to mention clever... :clap:

american-cocker-spaniel_trd030ca012.jpg

Black? White? Brown?
Team Player? Definitely...
BTW... I am an American Breed... Not a cross breed, half breed, Latino, Lutino, White, Caucasian, Hispanic-American, or English-American...
Maybe when "we" as an entire Country figure this out again, we'll really begin to move forward again...
Chuck Lewis
Ronan, MT
Semper Fidelis

Just Curious":3gz05143 said:
Team Player? Definitely...

Definately the most important thing. I don' t care what color, nationality or religion a person is as long as the person is working toward the common good and not asking me to tote him when they can walk just as good as me.

Latest posts