A first for us!!

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
We really should've started our AI program in 2013, but finally got things rolling last December, and here is our first, out of our best cow.
Sexed heifer semen VAR Reserve 1111 born very early this AM. She was due on the 19th. Can't wait to see her grow and develop.

:D :D :D :D :D :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats! I think one of the best things about AI is that it gets people really excited about their cattle.
I still remember my first AI heifer. I was pretty sure she was going to be born with wings and a halo. She wasn't quite that good but she went on to be the best cow we'd ever had on the place and it got me hooked and turned into a career. :D

cow pollinater":3mim6gmx said:
Congrats! I think one of the best things about AI is that it gets people really excited about their cattle.
I still remember my first AI heifer. I was pretty sure she was going to be born with wings and a halo. She wasn't quite that good but she went on to be the best cow we'd ever had on the place and it got me hooked and turned into a career. :D
Well said, especially the wings and halo part LOL :nod:

branguscowgirl":dj9ud7qo said:
Good for you!
Did you AI yourself, or have a tech do it?
Right now using a tech, maybe down the road i'll have the time to learn AI but have a real good tech and going to "stick" with that approach for now

cow pollinater":1im14lmk said:

+1

Bolded for emphasis.

Warrior2154":3qbygj1x said:
congrats. you said she is a reserve heifer, what is her dam? :clap:
Her sire is Traveler over Bushwacker

Her Dam is of the Sydgen Royal Queen lines

DOB 2-9-11

Congrats ! Looking good ! We bought 13 bred registered Black Angus cows. So far 6 bulls and 3 heifers ; one born this morning that I haven't checked. Sure was hoping for a heifer majority to boost our numbers but that's how it goes some years.

Latest posts