A Damm Good Lie

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Protect yourself from all the government regulations. The best way to manage that is to cultivate a defensive state of mind. Don't waste energy whining and moaning. That is robbing you of your pursuit of happiness and in a sense, you are inflecting more punishment that the law ever will. After 36 years in enforcement, there are some points one should always keep in mind:

1. No one is ever going to prosecute you for putting a little squirt of dish detergent in your 30 gallon herbicide sprayer.
2. The enforcement of laws and regulations in the United States relies on the foundation that most citizens are law abiding. Compliance is voluntary with a threat that failure to comply carries a penalty. For every violation, an infinitely small number will ever be cited. Witness the regulation of motor vehicle speeding. For every citation, millions of violations go unnoticed.
3. Always contest every cited violation. There are numerous avenues in all laws and regulations for legal relief. The most inept attorney can beat back a poorly documented violation. The US judiciary system is intended to protect the innocent but the guilty avail themselves of the same protections.
4. Last and most important. The best defense is a dam good lie.

4. Last and most important. The best defense is a dam good lie.[/quote]

Well that might be true but I've told my family don't say anything. Besides, I would like to call my family. Do not admit to anything and be respectful, name and date of birth only. Folks cause themselves lots of grief by running their mouths to the cops.

However, if you are into pain and that sort of thing, pointing your finger in the officer's face and accusing him of discrimination, and proclaiming that you KNOW your rights then reminding him who pays HIS salary even though you nor any of your family has ever worked nor do you ever intend to do so will surely get you tased and you will soon ascend to a level of break dancing only obtained by a few and you will be a legend on YouTube.

TennesseeTuxedo":3ki3wnmi said:
I use a 15 gallon sprayer Ron, can you advise me as to how much of a "squirt" I should use?
Change squirt to "shot". That should help. Sure made it easier for me. :mrgreen:

highgrit":3qt9r4r5 said:
4. Last and most important. The best defense is a dam good lie.

Well that might be true but I've told my family don't say anything. Besides, I would like to call my family. Do not admit to anything and be respectful, name and date of birth only. Folks cause themselves lots of grief by running their mouths to the cops.

HIghgrit, that would get you in trouble. Fine maybe for civil law but not Administrative Law. US Laws and Regulations are administrative laws and are adjudicated in administrative courts ruled by US Administrative Law Judges. Federal regulations establish what information is required and how it should be made available. For example, pursuant to The Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977, it would read as follows: (This is from memory, so don't hold me to the exact words)

Upon presentation of credentials by a duly authorized agent of the US Secretary of the Interior, the owner/operator shall present all permits and licenses to operate, all engineering plans and certifications….etc, etc.
Furthermore, the regulations stipulate how the information is to be made available:

all required documents, reports and authorizations to operate shall me made available to the authorized agent of the Secretary of the Interior at the mine office or other convenient location at or near the mine site. Failure to comply with these requirements shall be considered as a violation of the owner/operators right to operate and shall be enforced by the issuance of a Cessation Order…

I arrived at a mine in North Dakota. Walked into the office and met with the liaison. This was a prearranged inspection. The liaison apologized saying there would be about an hour delay. He explained that the chief mine engineer had taken the mine documents, permits and plans and they were in Bismarck. He said they had put them on a chartered helicopter and the documents were on their way. I didn't have to say a word. They knew what the consequences were. This was a large corporation and had one of the best reputations in the industry. Contrast that with a company I inspected near Hazard, KY. The chief engineer was always the liaison. He was a short fat guy who had a slight stutter. He was constantly arguing with me over what he was required to provide. It got so bad that he finally started bringing an attorney on all of our inspections.

highgrit":cfy4w1vi said:
Yep--who knew that in 2015, after 240 years, that protected speech under the 1st amendment would no longer apply..

Latest posts