A bull deserves respect, another farmer gets killed.

Help Support CattleToday:

33 rounds??? Those deputies need better aim, or bigger guns, or better ammo. 33 rounds???

bball":3aec0nz7 said:
33 rounds??? Those deputies need better aim, or bigger guns, or better ammo. 33 rounds???

Have you seen many cops shoot? I saw a video a few years back where 29 rounds were fired at two suspects at less than 30 feet, they never hit sheit. It amazes me sometimes to see the shooting skills of people who's job it is to carry a gun for a living.

If they didn;t know where to hit it to kill it I can see them throwing a lot of 9mms at it until they got lucky.

They are taught 'center of mass' bullet placement for humans--maybe they assumed the same protocol with the bull?

bball":1fi44fhi said:

Might have been all they had on them. If that was the case, then I don't blame them. They all should have been in the guts.(not really, but would be tempting) Zero tolerance here for biting the hand that feeds them and takes care of them.

As a side note: If a person is the type to mistreat animals, then you get what you get. And deserve it.

I constantly remind myself, and visitors with me, about getting too close to the bulls. They are very docile, gentle like, and easy to handle, but... My old bull moves slow, wants to smell me when I walk close, but I have seen him make a dive at a bull calf pestering him and the cow when she's in heat. He is quick as a cat when he wants to be. Within arm reach, it would be tough getting away from him.

Real sad. I was in TSC parking lot when the cop cars were going by. I was going to post this one it happened in my town

Most of the cattle deaths I have seen are older people. May be because as you age the reaction time to a situation slows down and when you do react the movement to the event slows also. That is the reason you don't see old rodeo clowns. As you age you need to realize this and do not put yourself in a dangerous situation like you do when you are younger. My kids gave me a truck mounted cattle cube dispenser because of this very reason. It also is wise to get rid of the crazy cattle and get cattle that do not get exited so easy.I am not scared of my cattle but I respect them , I guess their is a time when a person needs to think about retiring or asking for help. :cboy:

cowboy43":1tbmeimf said:
Most of the cattle deaths I have seen are older people. May be because as you age the reaction time to a situation slows down and when you do react the movement to the event slows also. That is the reason you don't see old rodeo clowns. As you age you need to realize this and do not put yourself in a dangerous situation like you do when you are younger. My kids gave me a truck mounted cattle cube dispenser because of this very reason. It also is wise to get rid of the crazy cattle and get cattle that do not get exited so easy.I am not scared of my cattle but I respect them , I guess their is a time when a person needs to think about retiring or asking for help. :cboy:

I think that is one reason why Dad sold out a couple years ago.

dun":2z1ahybl said:
If they didn;t know where to hit it to kill it I can see them throwing a lot of 9mms at it until they got lucky.
They just released a video and they were using 5.56 not 9mm

the bull was a highlander watching the video looks like it was a pretty tame one so watch out for the tame ones just as much (im thinking of Nesikep here riding your bull is pretty cool just watch out)

Highlands, dexters, jersesys and the like are notoriously grouchy.. they have little-man syndrome and make up for it in mean-ness. I have lots of cows that are "pretty tame" and I don't trust one bit when they have a calf.. I have others that would rather lick me than their calf, and the biggest danger with those ones is needing a skin graft when they're done.

I do always keep an eye on them for their mood though

Nesikep":3fjzrlei said:
Highlands, dexters, jersesys and the like are notoriously grouchy.. they have little-man syndrome and make up for it in mean-ness. I have lots of cows that are "pretty tame" and I don't trust one bit when they have a calf.. I have others that would rather lick me than their calf, and the biggest danger with those ones is needing a skin graft when they're done.

I do always keep an eye on them for their mood though
you got that right :nod:

If it takes you 30 rounds to kill anything with a 22 much less a 5.56 you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun .. I guess the bull was to crazy to pen and sell ? That's another 1500 bucks or so the family could have used to pay for final expenses. .

JSCATTLE":gtqkt6mo said:
If it takes you 30 rounds to kill anything with a 22 much less a 5.56 you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun .. I guess the bull was to crazy to pen and sell ? That's another 1500 bucks or so the family could have used to pay for final expenses. .
Watching the video the bull doesn`t look crazy at all it looks pretty calm

ez14":3eg7xa45 said:
JSCATTLE":3eg7xa45 said:
I've never seen one that couldn't be caught one way or another is what I meant. . Even if it takes a catch dog or 2 they all can be caught

JSCATTLE":37l0ruhq said:
ez14":37l0ruhq said:
JSCATTLE":37l0ruhq said:
I've never seen one that couldn't be caught one way or another is what I meant. . Even if it takes a catch dog or 2 they all can be caught
That's some shyt talk if I ever heard any. Bull killed somebody, shoot him 1000 times.

Latest posts