86 custom made c 10 truck

Help Support CattleToday:

braunviehnation

Reaction score
Hey i got this truck in oklahoma it was all re done and a brand new engine till some dang kid poured coke in my carb and gas tank and knocked out my eight cylinder in my 305 edelbrock motor would i have to re build the complete motor

More than likely not. I don't think one can of Coke would be enough to do any real serious damage. You may, at worst, have to pull the heads and clean the crap off the valves, tops of the pistons and intake runners. I would start by pulling the intake manifold and look down the intake ports at the valves to see how much sticky stuff has built up. Maybe even roll the engine over until the intake is closed and squirt some sort of cleaner down and soak it out with a rag until you get it clean then put it all back together, change the plugs and then go beat the crap out of the guy who did this dasturdly deed. I would fire it up and let it idle for about 15 minutes then SLOWLY (SLOWLY) pour a glass full of water down the carb. You'll have to keep the RPM's up as you do this. The water will help clean anything that might have stuck in the compression rings on the pistons. Then go beat the crap out of this dude.

Oh yea, after you've got it back running good change the oil and filter. The go beat the crap out ......... ;-)

Good luck. Hope you don't have to do too much else and it turns out OK.

yea i caled the cops on him but i said i could handle it myself and they said you cant beat a 15 year older when your seventeen the kid that did it got pissed because i told him to get off my dang property and i aint afraid to open up a can of whoop ass i really apreciate yall helping me i am going to try to fix it its goin to be hard but will get done some how

i clean my headers out today and there was alot of oil in the 8 th cylinder head but i got to go get a gasket the gasket on the headers was in shreds could this be my problem

I think if you have oil in your cylinder your problem is much more serious than a blown head gasket. Sounds more like a broken ring, cracked head or leaking valve guide. Whatever it is best of luck to you. Tom :cboy:

yea see i took it to a mechanic in town and he said my eight cylinder was not goin at all and ppl around told me to take my headers of and clean them which i did

Well, I was hopin' it wouldn't have gone that far but if you have no compression on number 8 you more than likely have a hole in the piston or some seriously stuck rings. Either way it means a tear down.

You mentioned this was a hot rod engine. How much static compression are you running? Anything over about 8.5 or 9 to one without electronic control will be a problem for you on pump gas. So adding sugar to your gas creates a serious detination situation and will eat a piston up in a hurry. How far did you drive the PU from the time you think the turd did this to you? Are you sure it was only Coke he dumped in your tank? Wonder how fast he poured in your carb? If he poured it fast it probably hydraulic'd a piston and broke it.

Keep us posted on your progress. And sorry it happened.

yea so i need tto take the intake manifold out and look down it to see how much sticky crap built up and this kid that did it better watch his back

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1hfjy4n8 said:
If it was my engine I'd pull the intake,heads,drop the pan and pop out the pistons. After checking the pistons,rods and valves I'd put new big end bearings in and call it good.

I'd pull it out and drop in a 502 crate motor. Talk about haul butt!!! :D :D