$8.7 million for 2117 acres of farm land SOLD!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
You couldn't touch it for that here. In my head, that's a shade over 4K an acre.

Dave

Reaction score
I am buying a ranch that is about 57% that size for less than 10% of that money. But I would be willing to sell it. Of course there will be a slight mark up. I just want to make a reasonable profit....... lets say 2.0 mil.

ddd75

Reaction score
60 acres of valley land is going up for auction soon.

I bet it will hit near a million just for the 60 acres.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Bigfoot":3aod6rvg said:
You couldn't touch it for that here. In my head, that's a shade over 4K an acre.
Place down the road went for 5k per acre last year. Head west towards Bryan College Station prices in those surrounding countries is nuts.

herofan

Reaction score
I wish I had know. $8.7 million is just pocket change for me, and it would have made a nice little hobby farm. :D

TexasBred

Reaction score
Unreal what places are selling for around here. Acreage through the roof. Father in law passed away in November. Had hardly finished the memorial service and speculators were offering $14,000 an acre to build "spec" houses on .

bball

Reaction score
Caustic Burno":1kx9cp7r said:
Bigfoot":1kx9cp7r said:
Place down the road went for 5k per acre last year. Head west towards Bryan College Station prices in those surrounding countries is nuts.

I wish I had never sold my place in Normangee. Be worth a small fortune today.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
bball":2bmpfnzu said:
Caustic Burno":2bmpfnzu said:
Bigfoot":2bmpfnzu said:

I wish I had never sold my place in Normangee. Be worth a small fortune today.

If that crystal ball would just work,
I could have bought this whole country for 200-300 an acre.

Dave

Reaction score
I was down to the place I am buying on Tuesday. Was in signing up for a PO Box. The post master said he could have bought the ranch for $175,000 back in 1989. I paid considerably more for it now.

ddd75

Reaction score
eh.. why buy that land for so cheap in the 80's when you can invest in dividend stocks. :hide:

ddd75

Reaction score
True Grit Farms":32c52w8f said:
ddd75":32c52w8f said:
eh.. why buy that land for so cheap in the 80's when you can invest in dividend stocks. :hide:

You of done way better in the stock market.......If you'd of made the right investments.

the same could be applied to land. You buy the right spot, 10 + years later its all developed you have a gold mine. Land has outpaced the stock market.

OP
jltrent

jltrent

Reaction score
Seems like some people everything they touch turns to gold. When I worked in the banking business many years ago I saw a few like that. You have got to be willing to stick you neck out and hope for the best.

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
jltrent":l4vjh8ue said:
Seems like some people everything they touch turns to gold. When I worked in the banking business many years ago I saw a few like that. You have got to be willing to stick you neck out and hope for the best.
I did that in stocks and got the rope. I sold some stocks to buy my place in Georgia, and the land is about all I ended up with. I'm hoping and waiting on the farm subsidies to go bankrupt and then I can afford to buy me another good lick of land.

TexasBred

Reaction score
True Grit Farms":2n8ygur0 said:
jltrent":2n8ygur0 said:
I did that in stocks and got the rope. I sold some stocks to buy my place in Georgia, and the land is about all I ended up with. I'm hoping and waiting on the farm subsidies to go bankrupt and then I can afford to buy me another good lick of land.
Some work very hard at it. Some just play at it....like "playing the market". Only takes a couple of big kicks in the a## to realize you don't play the market.

Latest posts