$8.7 million for 2117 acres of farm land SOLD!

Help Support CattleToday:

You couldn't touch it for that here. In my head, that's a shade over 4K an acre.

I am buying a ranch that is about 57% that size for less than 10% of that money. But I would be willing to sell it. Of course there will be a slight mark up. I just want to make a reasonable profit....... lets say 2.0 mil.

60 acres of valley land is going up for auction soon.

I bet it will hit near a million just for the 60 acres.

Bigfoot":3aod6rvg said:
You couldn't touch it for that here. In my head, that's a shade over 4K an acre.
Place down the road went for 5k per acre last year. Head west towards Bryan College Station prices in those surrounding countries is nuts.

I wish I had know. $8.7 million is just pocket change for me, and it would have made a nice little hobby farm. :D

Unreal what places are selling for around here. Acreage through the roof. Father in law passed away in November. Had hardly finished the memorial service and speculators were offering $14,000 an acre to build "spec" houses on .

Caustic Burno":1kx9cp7r said:
Bigfoot":1kx9cp7r said:
Place down the road went for 5k per acre last year. Head west towards Bryan College Station prices in those surrounding countries is nuts.

I wish I had never sold my place in Normangee. Be worth a small fortune today.

bball":2bmpfnzu said:
Caustic Burno":2bmpfnzu said:
Bigfoot":2bmpfnzu said:

I wish I had never sold my place in Normangee. Be worth a small fortune today.

If that crystal ball would just work,
I could have bought this whole country for 200-300 an acre.

I was down to the place I am buying on Tuesday. Was in signing up for a PO Box. The post master said he could have bought the ranch for $175,000 back in 1989. I paid considerably more for it now.

eh.. why buy that land for so cheap in the 80's when you can invest in dividend stocks. :hide:

True Grit Farms":32c52w8f said:
ddd75":32c52w8f said:
eh.. why buy that land for so cheap in the 80's when you can invest in dividend stocks. :hide:

You of done way better in the stock market.......If you'd of made the right investments.

the same could be applied to land. You buy the right spot, 10 + years later its all developed you have a gold mine. Land has outpaced the stock market.

Seems like some people everything they touch turns to gold. When I worked in the banking business many years ago I saw a few like that. You have got to be willing to stick you neck out and hope for the best.

jltrent":l4vjh8ue said:
Seems like some people everything they touch turns to gold. When I worked in the banking business many years ago I saw a few like that. You have got to be willing to stick you neck out and hope for the best.
I did that in stocks and got the rope. I sold some stocks to buy my place in Georgia, and the land is about all I ended up with. I'm hoping and waiting on the farm subsidies to go bankrupt and then I can afford to buy me another good lick of land.

True Grit Farms":2n8ygur0 said:
jltrent":2n8ygur0 said:
I did that in stocks and got the rope. I sold some stocks to buy my place in Georgia, and the land is about all I ended up with. I'm hoping and waiting on the farm subsidies to go bankrupt and then I can afford to buy me another good lick of land.
Some work very hard at it. Some just play at it....like "playing the market". Only takes a couple of big kicks in the a## to realize you don't play the market.

Latest posts