7 mos. British White Bull prospect -- pick him apart (gently

Help Support CattleToday:

Appreciate all your comments. Thank you!

TexasBred, you mentioned his stride/gate -- he steps right out, and straight. I was badgering him, trying to get a good pic, so he was moving. On a British White group, he was complimented on his "stride," "shoulder," and "good feet"

Caustic, are you near Colmesneil, TX? If so, I know that lady. We have about 10 of her bulls in our AI tank. She has very good reputation w/ BW breeders all over the country. You are right about the sale barn. Anywhere in the country, a white beef won't bring as many $$ as the black cattle, and that's too bad. BWs are very grass efficient, generally good disposition, easy calvers and good mamas. They seem to thrive in about any climate. And they're pretty to look at (if you gotta feed 'em, they might as well be pretty). And that "WHITE" will come out, with just about anything you breed them to. They will be the traditional color, or they'll be loud w/ the some white on them (almost a longhorn color pattern). Wish I could find a 4-H kid here with the huevos to raise up a BW steer to show against the blacks. We have no open shows here -- just 4-H and FFA nearby.

That is her I have walked all in her cows looking at them gentle as dogs.
Almost to gentle. She has some fine looking animals.
If as a group we would just quit failing the IQ test on hair color.
We have just about ruined every breed by turning them into the septic tank of
Angus genetics.

P.T. Barnum was right and 90% of us are in lock step.
I have watched time and time again better beef come through and get
docked because it is not black.

Caustic Burno":1weyqvt9 said:
Angus genetics.

You should go meet her, Caustic. Jimmie West. She's no hick person. She's smart, knows the history of the breed and is persnickity about her cattle, and I think is a pretty sharp business person. We are not BIG in the cattle business -- we are small beans. We don't buy at sales; don't sell at sales. Everything we do on-the-hoof or butcher beef is private treaty stuff. But we try to do the best we can with what we have to work with, and what we can get to improve.

Kathie in Thorp":6n63mv7n said:
Caustic Burno":6n63mv7n said:
Angus genetics.

You should go meet her, Caustic. Jimmie West. She's no hick person. She's smart, knows the history of the breed and is persnickity about her cattle, and I think is a pretty sharp business person. We are not BIG in the cattle business -- we are small beans. We don't buy at sales; don't sell at sales. Everything we do on-the-hoof or butcher beef is private treaty stuff. But we try to do the best we can with what we have to work with, and what we can get to improve.

I have meet her like I said earlier walked all over her place lookin at cows.

I have meet her like I said earlier walked all over her place lookin at cows.

I did see that you walked with those cattle, CB. Brain faart when I responded. Yes, disposition was at the top of my list when were were picking a breed. We were long eligible for AARP when we brought the first cattle home; hubby ain't too fast, and I ain't too brave!

Latest posts