7 mos. British White Bull prospect -- pick him apart (gently

Help Support CattleToday:

I won't pretend to know anything about the breed, but he's a nice solid - looking calf. Thick and long, with a nice straight back. I certainly don't see any obvious flaws.

Nice job on the pictures and thanks for putting up with my feeble attempt at tech support.

Like I already told you he is a nice calf and should make a good bull for someone.

There are few of these pretty much "heritage" cattle in our area. Very grass efficient critters, pretty mild-mannered, few calving issues and good mamas. I've had to buy live from MT and OR, and buy semen from TX and CO. Hoping someone out here in the Western states might find him interesting.

If I could paint him red I'd take him :) He does look nice and thick

I really don't know what sort of calves he'd throw over our red/yellow cows

Nesikep":n03ozkwh said:
If I could paint him red I'd take him :) He does look nice and thick

I really don't know what sort of calves he'd throw over our red/yellow cows
The red/yellow cows are "gravy", Nesi. I'm looking at his British White potential. The x-breds always have nice calves when bred to BW. You've seen them . . .

Decent looking calf Kathie, I would love to see a pic of him in another seven months.

Looks like a nice calf and probably going to be a nice bull....Long, deep, good topline. Curious about his stride based strictly on where his feet are in the pics.

Large operation about 20 miles from me.
Beautiful cattle I have admired. It is basically a white Angus with a
good attitude. Problem with the breed is the salebarn.
If the salebarn wasn't the problem I would love to put one in a pasture with Brimmer cross girls.
You can't afford to own them. Kinda like running a S/H, L/H, or a Tiger steer through the barn
wont be in business long giving them away.

As a group of Cattlemen we have let the Associations screw us to death.
When the hide comes off 99% of Americans wouldn't know the difference in
an Angus or Musk Ox burger.

Good job Kathie. :D He's not perfect but none of them are and it's especially hard to make near perfect with a small gene pool to pick from.

Latest posts