White Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The white Christmas didn't occur this morning but it is sure coming down out there right now. Looks like it will be a white day after Christmas. We bounced our way up Sisley Creek to some neighbor's cabin. Definitely snow on the ground up there. BBQ tri tip and potluck salads and desert. 15 people, 16 assorted dogs (mostly Border Collies), 5 4 wheel drive pickups, and 2 side by sides. Ended a bit early as the wind picked up, sky clouded up, and it looked like the snow was about to start. Hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the day Dave. We had our first white Christmas in central Ohio in probably close to 20 years. It was a decent accumulation for us. Around 6". But it was too cold to get the kids convinced to take a ride behind the quad today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little warmer and we can enjoy it.
I grew up close to Lake Erie and had a white Christmas every year. I can remember doing trick or treat in the snow. Great memories for me but unfortunately my kids will not be able to fully experience that

Sounds like a good time. Those Border Collies must get along better with others than the ones I have had.
Unfortunately we did have a white Christmas here. Around 2-3 inches and 18 degrees for a high today.

Sounds like a good time. Those Border Collies must get along better with others than the ones I have had.
Unfortunately we did have a white Christmas here. Around 2-3 inches and 18 degrees for a high today.
Most of the people were from one extended ranch family. Their dogs see each other regularly. These are working dogs who work together regularly. No dog fights. Just a large pack of dogs running this way and that way in the snow with lots of barking.

Had 1 1/2 inches RAIN all day Christmas Eve then changed to a "raging" snowfall around midnight. Wound up with a fairly white "dusting"this morning for Christmas since so much melted as it fell until the temps got down enough. Was 26 this morning, never got above 30 and dropping like a rock this evening. Ground will freeze tonight.
Had a nice quiet meal with son and gf at her parents house. We've all had/ been exposed to the virus so not a concern.
Hope everyone else had a nice day.

I grew up close to Lake Erie and had a white Christmas every year. I can remember doing trick or treat in the snow. Great memories for me but unfortunately my kids will not be able to fully experience that
Interesting. I watched "Affiction" with Nick Nolte for the first time this morning, and they had a deep snow on during Halloween. It's something we don't experience.

Latest posts