565a heston round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

kenboy

Reaction score
I have 565a heston round baler when you start baleing it willmake about a half of a bale then the monitor will flash low voltage then it shuts the baler down. we have checked all the connections ,tested the battery.tryed a different monitor and wiring harness but it still goes to low voltage after it runs for a short time baleing hay. you can leave it run in the shop without baleing hay and it will run for ever has anyone experinced this problem

What brand and model tractor? We had the same problem with a JD 466 hooked to a JD 5093E. It'sactaully a simple fix. Just take some 12 ga wire hooked directly to the battery terminals and with a power receptcle at the other end and hook up directly to it. The 466 uses a lot of voltage, a ton of electronics on it. The 5093E when they first came out didn;t have heavy enough gauge wire for the amount of electricty needed. The factory electric outlet has a ton of other crap connected off of the same wire. When the temps were in the 70s I didn;t have a problem. When it was in the 90s after the first couple of bales the problem started. By coming straight of the battery terminals you bypass all the misc crap and provide full voltage to the (auxilary) outlet. The auxilary being the one you just hooked up direct. Takes 5 minutes to do it and eliminates the voltage issues. Keep in mind that the new outlet isn;t run through the key so you should disconnect the baler from it when you aren;t using the baler.

If it still does it you might want to go up another gauge on the wire. If you check with JD they probably know about voltage issues and have a fix for it. The harness for the 5093 was 80 bucks, like I said the install just took a couple of minutes.
You might also want to check the battery to see if it gets weak with a load on it.

Yes after mentioning the wiring the wiring from the battery to the monitor is not bery heavy

All I can think of is that there maybe a problem with the 'bale out' switch on the baler. That's the round steel capped sensor along the inside chamber of the baler. Maybe a short in that sensor or those lines. Just a guess.

my baler would only bale half a bale when i broke one o the chains.

The manual says the monitor requires between 10.5 & 15 volts, with 13.8 being nominal. Not many spots on the baler use much current so I would suspect supply issues. I would replace the line from the monitor to the tractor and test the supply plug to be sure you have the current there. :2cents:

Latest posts