3 point rototiller and what to plant

Help Support CattleToday:

5minpins

Reaction score
I got my garden spot tilled today!! yaaay! had snow two weeks ago and rain ever since. so I put in a new garden, first one for this place and the ground was hard and not very good. my really nice neighbor let me borrow his big 3 point tiller, it took me all of 30 minutes to make 3 passes and I was all done! wow!! all I can say is, why in the world would anyone ever use a push tiller lol. I had dug up the garden spot with the tractor bucket prior and then dumped 3 excavator buckets of composted horse manure and sand on it, then it snowed so it sat like that for the last two weeks.
so now, what do I plant in there? I live in washington state, doesnt get to hot here for long, rains quite a bit. I have a few ideas but feel free to add to my list if you want. not doing lettuce or broccoli as the slugs around here are thick...

corn
cucumbers
acorn squash
snow peas
carrots
sweet onions
red peppers
hot peppers
watermelon?
tomatoes but not many, they get blight every time ya look at em....

what would you plant?

PEAS PEAS and more PEAS. pink eyed purple hules. Eating don't get any better than that with white rice and corn bread. YOu will also need some mater, onion and peper with viniger on the side. Big class of ice tea. Carfull though it might knock you naked.

Shogoin turnips, curly leaf mustard, Willetts Wonders peas, spinach, red skinned potatoes, yellow granex onions, yellow crookneck squash. I'd plant some Red Delicious and Braeburn apple trees too if I was in Washington. And some Mt Rainier and Black Tartarian cherries.

I have two royal ann cherry tree's. that is where the rainier cherry came from, I love rainier cherries. dont like bings. I have apple trees, the cows like them.
today I planted corn onions squash cukes radish carrots maters jalapenos and snow peas. what are zipper peas?? how much room do red taters take? I like those to, and I am looking for sweet peppers and spinach. wonder if it gets hot enough for watermelon over here......mmmm.

thanks for all the suggestions. gave me some good ideas. :D

Potatoes don't take much room. I planted 20 lb of seed potatoes in a 30ft row back in February. They're about ready to eat. I'll have plenty of potatoes to eat for at least a month, probably two.

Zipper peas are a kind of field pea. They're called zippers because they're easy to shell. The peas are as big as chinaberries. My least favorite kind of pea. Some people like 'em though. I prefer purple hulls, black eyes, red rippers, sadandys, or creme 40's. I love lady fingers and turkey toes too but they're difficult to pick and the devil to shell. Surveys show that people that prefer zippers over other field peas also prefer ford hooks over butterbeans. :lol:

Latest posts