Anyone know what these are ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Close , purple hull , but not black eyed . They are called pink eyed purple hull . I have shelled 3 bucket full by myself the last 2 days . My wife has arthritis in her hands pretty bad so I'm the pea sheller. 🤠 More of a southern cow pea they call them .
Well then, bless your pea pickin' heart.

Put up a big batch (3-5 gal buckets) yesterday. Doesn't get much better. IMO, most folks go to way too much trouble. We shell, bag, and freeze. Pull what we want to cook out of the gallon bags.

Attachments

• CB2EE604-B9D8-4C51-B8C6-CE0A616821B3.jpeg
    CB2EE604-B9D8-4C51-B8C6-CE0A616821B3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
Okra is excellent. Needs to be picked at the right time, sliced, breaded in cornmeal and fried. My suspicion is that those who do not like okra just do not know how to cook it.

Some people think you boil okra and eat it. That would just be nasty. But fried okra is right up there. Or can be pickled when very small.

Okra is excellent. Needs to be picked at the right time, sliced, breaded in cornmeal and fried. My suspicion is that those who do not like okra just do not know how to cook it.

Some people think you boil okra and eat it. That would just be nasty. But fried okra is right up there. Or can be pickled when very small.
Perfect description.

Latest posts