2nd Bomber in Custody

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1bze68gd said:
Let's not forget Andersonville Prison while we're at it.

Or Camp Douglas.
By the end of 1864, the Official Records showed that 2,235 prisoners had died at Camp Douglas but Levy states this may be 967 short of the true figure.[225] Another 867 died in 1865, making it the worst short period for mortality of prisoners at the camp.[226] The official death toll at Camp Douglas has been put at 4,454.[227] Others have estimated that from 1862 through 1865, more than 6,000 Confederate prisoners died from disease, starvation, and the bitter cold winters (although as many as 1,500 more were reported as "unaccounted" for), based in part on an 1880's memorial in Chicago's Oak Woods Cemetery which states that 6,000 Confederate dead (4,275 known dead) are buried there in a mass grave. On the other hand, it was discovered that unscrupulous contractors buried some crude empty coffins in the relocated graves to increase their profits.

hooknline":1k0ce2lx said:
War used to have a sense of honor and nobility to it. Our founding fathers and the troops that fought had that same sense of honor and nobility. Not all but most. Current terrorists have no sense of either. They are nothing but cowards preying on the innocent and the fear of the masses.
They are NOT one and the same cb.

You are probably right.
Just one account.
Many of the citizens of New Jersey had been grossly abused by the occupying British army and in particular the Hessians. Looting, burning, murder, rape were common place. All this occurring in spite of written guarantees of safety from Sir William Howe, the British Commander-in-Chief…
One of the main reason's Washington crossed the Delaware to fight the battle of Trenton was the Hessian's.

Hook you can't frame it to be pretty or right no matter how you look at it.
Terroism the definition doesn't change.

Well after reading through this thread and thinking on it a bit, I thought I would tell a story about an experience I had with a fugitive. To my mind running around outside to go to work, play or whatever when there is a fugitive loose in the area is downright foolish. I few years ago, there was someone loose in the area, he was considered armed and dangerous. You couldn't have given me any amount of money to go out and carry on my normal daily activities. I grabbed my daughter, we layed on the floor out of sight from the windows with a gun by my side. Watching the lights from the helicopter and law enforcement vehicles flashing all around the room. The fugitive was apprehended, by law enforcement.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

Just my 2 cents

Workinonit Farm":3arv6099 said:
hillsdown":3arv6099 said:
This is what is making big news here today .

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... urces.html

RCMP says it has thwarted a terrorism plot to derail a VIA passenger train bound on an undisclosed route with support from Al Qaeda in Iran, police announced Monday.

Well HD, you posted this before I could start a new thread. The title of that new thread was going to be Thank you Canada!!!

I've been catching bits and pieces of that new "blip" on the radio.

Katherine

They had everything worked out , just a matter of time. Very scary ,a lot of people would have been killed or injured .

I wouldn't have had a problem staying put while the police were searching for this terrorist. I also wouldn't get in the middle of any active pursuit of a criminal. But between Monday and Friday I would have carried on as usual.

I think with people staying put it kept the public out of line of fire and it also meant the terrorist had less chance of being killed. I think the information they'll get from him will make it worthwhile to keep him alive until he has a trial.

Seems to me the terrorists, now not terrorists, have completed their job.Some police agents got to show their ass, even though i am sure they were scared shitless, and neighbors, friends and relatives are at odds against each other. Divided we will fall. I would be more concerned with how our main government is now handling this sitution. Let us worry about the next step because i think a bunch is about to be swept under a big rug.

presmudjo":3n2hn4dp said:
.... and neighbors, friends and relatives are at odds against each other. Divided we will fall.
Ryder":3n2hn4dp said:
greybeard":3n2hn4dp said:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin
Old Ben must have been a pretty smart fellow.
Smarter than some today-and that's a fact.
Perhaps only when he is saying what you want to hear?

"Religion I found to be without any tendency to inspire, promote, or confirm morality, serves principally to divide us and make us unfriendly to one another."— Founding Father Benjamin Franklin

hillsdown":2z7xypna said:
Workinonit Farm":2z7xypna said:
hillsdown":2z7xypna said:
This is what is making big news here today .

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... urces.html

RCMP says it has thwarted a terrorism plot to derail a VIA passenger train bound on an undisclosed route with support from Al Qaeda in Iran, police announced Monday.

Well HD, you posted this before I could start a new thread. The title of that new thread was going to be Thank you Canada!!!

I've been catching bits and pieces of that new "blip" on the radio.

Katherine

They had everything worked out , just a matter of time. Very scary ,a lot of people would have been killed or injured .
I haven't read the article yet or any other regarding this.
Did they make an entire city shut down while preventing this or were the Canadians allowed to go about their business as usual?

jedstivers":mnfs22qe said:
http://www.infowars.com/shocking-footage-americans-ordered-out-of-homes-at-gunpoint-by-swat-teams/

Jed

No one wants to comment.

This type of thing happens routinely in many countries

Now it will be used in yours

Seems few here truly care.

I have lived it and trust me it is not nice.

Quote:
The compliant mainstream media reported on the activity without alarm or question. Katy Waldman of Slate wrote an article claiming that under dire circumstances police can suspend 4th Amendment rights against unreasonable searches:

In exigent circumstances, or emergency situations, police can conduct warrantless searches to protect public safety. This exception to the Fourth Amendment's probable cause requirement normally addresses situations of "hot pursuit," in which an escaping suspect is tracked to a private home. But it might also apply to the events unfolding in Boston if further harm or injury might be supposed to occur in the time it takes to secure a warrant.

This activity, once again, sets a shocking precedent. Police and military are training in these circumstances every single day of the year. They are fully acclimatized to the process, as if it is completely normal. They do not hesitate in carrying out such orders, which are now being implemented whenever the authorities deem a situation to be an emergency.

This is what fully fledged martial law in America looks like.

End Quote

Where is the hot pursuit in clearing a neighbourhood?

I am sure the apologists on this board (TB?) will be pizzed - but obviously what the media wrote is not what truly happened.

Once you have watched the video and read the article - it would be a good idea to really read the comments below the article.

They are very enlightening

Americans are being / have been conditioned very nicely for this.

I am watching the United States of America slowly but surely go from a country of proud and independent people and being turned into an easily manipulated and compliant population.

Perhaps as an outsider I can see something that the citizens of your own country cannot see.

You are truly being conditioned to take orders and to no longer think independently.

Your police will willingly enter and trample your rights and now the citizens of the United States will DEFEND those same police!

Why was the Constitution even written???? It is being ignored and whittled down - and no one seems to mind.

As I recently wrote in a PM to a person on this site - you guys are (or perhaps were) the last bastion of freedom - when you fall - and you appear to be well on your way - the world will become a very different place. It scares the schitte out of me - yet some here do not seem to mind.

Perhaps they have already been converted.

The next time I hear - "From my cold dead hands" or "No one comes into my house" or "I know my rights" or any other words along those lines coming from some of my American friends - and yes I do have a few of them - I will definitely laugh in that persons face.

My best

Bez

Bez I am sticking by my gun's as this smack's of the SS searching the cities of Europe. You will never search my home with out a warrant as guaranteed by the fourth. it might get searched after I am drug out in handcuff's. I would have to go to jail as much as I dislike them there would be plenty of ACLU lawyer's to take the case.
The terror organizations IMO just added a new page to the play book paralyzing a city with a small explosion and a couple of nut's.
The true irony to this whole situation is Boston was a bastion in the American Revolution over illegal search and seizure and quartering of troop's. These very action's lead to the writing of the Declaration of Independence 237 year's ago.

I have read this numerous times in my lifetime and I still can not find the hot pursuit or public safety clause of which so many speak and bow to.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

C.B. I can't see you coming out in cuffs, maybe a body bag. I can see the need to shoot for the groin or face. I can hear one of them useless dogs barking in the back ground. I still think someone with a good dog would of had this finished in 15 minutes. The terrorist was wounded and bleeding, how hard could it be to track someone that has no idea of where he's at?? Maybe the government told them to let him get away so they could have this big show of force??

i hate the use of propaganda... even used with my beliefs... that 19 year old boy wounded, bleeding and cowering in a back yard... is bull sht.. he was dangerous as a cocked pistol...

highgrit":113r5o3q said:
C.B. I can't see you coming out in cuffs, maybe a body bag. I can see the need to shoot for the groin or face. I can hear one of them useless dogs barking in the back ground. I still think someone with a good dog would of had this finished in 15 minutes. The terrorist was wounded and bleeding, how hard could it be to track someone that has no idea of where he's at?? Maybe the government told them to let him get away so they could have this big show of force??

Your most likely right HG. Freedom has a price. I was born free and that is the way I will die. The only way you are coming into my home is invitation or a warrant without a pile of shyt. This is no different than the storm troopers at Waco that murdered men women and children.
If they had called in the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice they would have brought some hound's that would have tore the clothes off him and he would have been screaming to go with the police. They run them here everyday to keep them tuned up. They will drive out here in the wood's turn a trustee loose and have him come out several miles away.
He will be at the endpoint in a dogsuit and when the hound's get there they try and eat him alive.
I agree about the hound's as well, they would have actually been in hot pursuit then.

Caustic Burno":8aogie29 said:
TB you would most likely be the best neighbor a man could have.
TB I am not the narrow mided one here as I can see both sides of history here.
There are two sides not just one. The founding father's that were caught,tried and tortured, I wonder how that freedom fighter arguement worked for them. Had France not joined the war most likely all would have swung from the gallow's. The Founding fathers were rebel's and terroist no different than the men who stood a wall at the Alamo or the men in Picket's Charge dying in mass across a field in Gettysburg. Their beielf's didn't make them wrong.
Might doesn't alway's make right as much of Europe found out in WWII. Irony is you can't even see you are the one supporting the rebel side out of one side of your mouth and cursing it out the other.
The Constitution is the most brillant work of human kind the problem lies in the interpertation by human's.
I won't call you names just because we disagree on interpertation.
I will even defend your right to have your opinon's and belief's even if I disagree.

Perspective is important when trying to decipher history. It is very important that we view the events of yesterday in a sense that leaves our biases out of the equation. There are many events in history that are clouded by the predispositions we have. The events are either too close to our hearts for us to be impartial, too far away to understand, or have our prejudices forced upon them. One such event that can be misinterpreted because it holds a special place in every American's heart is the American Revolution. The American Revolution is taught in American schools as the thirteen colonies uniting and defeating a tyrannical king, but were the actions of the colonist's terrorism by nature? To answer that question we must look at a different perspective on the American Revolution.

A ship does not sail with yesterday's wind

TexasBred":26r19qtg said:
Caustic Burno":26r19qtg said:
TB you would most likely be the best neighbor a man could have.
TB I am not the narrow mided one here as I can see both sides of history here.
There are two sides not just one. The founding father's that were caught,tried and tortured, I wonder how that freedom fighter arguement worked for them. Had France not joined the war most likely all would have swung from the gallow's. The Founding fathers were rebel's and terroist no different than the men who stood a wall at the Alamo or the men in Picket's Charge dying in mass across a field in Gettysburg. Their beielf's didn't make them wrong.
Might doesn't alway's make right as much of Europe found out in WWII. Irony is you can't even see you are the one supporting the rebel side out of one side of your mouth and cursing it out the other.
The Constitution is the most brillant work of human kind the problem lies in the interpertation by human's.
I won't call you names just because we disagree on interpertation.
I will even defend your right to have your opinon's and belief's even if I disagree.

Perspective is important when trying to decipher history. It is very important that we view the events of yesterday in a sense that leaves our biases out of the equation. There are many events in history that are clouded by the predispositions we have. The events are either too close to our hearts for us to be impartial, too far away to understand, or have our prejudices forced upon them. One such event that can be misinterpreted because it holds a special place in every American's heart is the American Revolution. The American Revolution is taught in American schools as the thirteen colonies uniting and defeating a tyrannical king, but were the actions of the colonist's terrorism by nature? To answer that question we must look at a different perspective on the American Revolution.

A ship does not sail with yesterday's wind

To fully understand how the ship got here you must understand the compass that was pointing the direction along the journey.

TB I believe you to be as ardent a patriot as I. Willing to die for God, country and family in the name of freedom.
We just view patriotism through different eye's mine is with fierce defiance to tyranny and strict adherence of the constitution.
To really understand the American Revolution it must be looked at with open eyes and both side's of the issue looked at. The founding fathers and Patriot's were the Minority
Many American's don't realize the colonies were in a civil war between 1750 and 1776 before we ever entered the war with England. Sixty percent of the colonist were against separation from England. The German and Dutch settlers wanted no part of the fight. The Loyalist wanted to remain under the crown, the patriot's drove most Loyalist out of the colonies before the Declaration was ever signed.
The minority started the war.