2nd Bomber in Custody

Help Support CattleToday:

snake67":tyc3gi3y said:
Taurus":tyc3gi3y said:
Me too, I'd like to hear Bez's explanation.

Honestly, who would want to wandering around after a crazy murderous armed bomber that just killed a cop and injured nearly 200 people, still running around at large?

I just gave it.

The bad guys win if you cower - the Brits learned that and so did the Jews in Tel Aviv

Closing a city down keeps millions of eyes and ears out of the loop.

Harder to hide from the population - especially an AWARE population, than from the police.

Better to be a junk yard dog than someone hiding from one bad guy.

Just my thoughts - and my experiences in one city and the history of another - probably not worth any more than two cents on a good day

Bez

Well I don't think you were in London but you read about it like the rest of us. As a "military" man (pilot, sniper or whatever) I'd think you'd be all in favor of following orders, which the civilians in this case did. The people of London were bombed not invaded. The people of Boston had an un-exploded bomb walking somewhere among them. Stay out of the way of the authorities and let them do their job....they did and they did. !!! No need to refer to us as "sheeple" either. I thought you were bigger than that but you seem to enjoy belittling America and Americans. Just my observations.

TB

Sorry I ruffled your feathers - but I stand by what I stated

All of my training actually encouraged me to question orders - and still does - not blindly follow them. Not more than a couple of generations ago men were hung for "following orders".

As for belittling your country - I do not agree that I did or do - but your opinion is yours and you have that right. Perhaps you are a "bit sensitive" to outside observations?

I was asked why I think the way I do and I provided an answer - if you do not like it then who actually has the problem? The person who states it or the person who hears it?

You actually have an ammendment that promotes and supports this process.

As for not being in London - LOL - too right - I was not born until the mid 50's.

I will gladly read your response but will likely only read it and let it go - allowing you the last word as a courtesy. After all we are discussing your people in your country.

I must clarify one thing though to keep the record straight.

TexasBred":3vnehzbt said:
As a "military" man (pilot, sniper or whatever)

I have written about one day with a Barrett here. It happened and it was enlightening. I am however by trade an F-18 pilot - despite having walked on the ground with rifle, pistol and body armour for 39 of the last 60 months. I do not carry any other classifications.

Anyways - best to you

Stay safe

Bez

I wouldn't have been afraid for one minute to leave the house. To leave the house would have meant leaving my family unprotected. Seems kinda stupid to go out wandering around to prove a point, while my family is unprotected. Might as well dig in at the house. I belive I would have just stayed home, and let the fight come to me.

Bigfoot":gr9n6pqg said:
I wouldn't have been afraid for one minute to leave the house. To leave the house would have meant leaving my family unprotected. Seems kinda stupid to go out wandering around to prove a point, while my family is unprotected. Might as well dig in at the house. I belive I would have just stayed home, and let the fight come to me.

Agreed. And Bez you can question all the orders you want but in the end you follow them or you face the consequences. And you struck no nerves at all. Your comments just always seem to show a lot of disdain for the United States. At least you must enjoy the American F-18. ;-) Only thing that would make it better would be an American pilot. (Couldn't resist) :mrgreen:

History and cemeteries are full of people who waited for the fight to come to their homes. Hunkering down at home means That fight doesn't just come to you--it also comes to your wives, daughters and sons and grandkids. It's a good thing Mr. Henneberry decided to get out and check on his boat instead of hiding under his bed like a little girl--the #2 suspect might still be on the loose otherwise.
I'm with Bez. Got trouble? Meet it at least 1/2 way.

greybeard":yp7fakui said:
History and cemeteries are full of people who waited for the fight to come to their homes. Hunkering down at home means That fight doesn't just come to you--it also comes to your wives, daughters and sons and grandkids. It's a good thing Mr. Henneberry decided to get out and check on his boat instead of hiding under his bed like a little girl--the #2 suspect might still be on the loose otherwise.

I agree GB I am with Bez as well.
What I saw was a SS Gestapo style tatic's in the search. Looked like the old movies of the Strom troopers searching house by house for the jew . Freedom comes with a price and hunkering down in fear or being herded like sheep didn't earn it or buy it. I wanted the guy caught and punished but not at the price of my liberties.

I myself would of stayed at home with my family and preparing for the worst. The part I didn't like was being told to stay inside and don't come out. One thing has me puzzled though, how can someone jump out of a car and run and hide?? I mean there was all kinds of fancy dressed swat teams and Rambo looking types running around. But what I want to know is where the were the dogs??? The way I see it is all the money spent on K-9 training, and bomb sniffing dogs is a waste of money. This is one place that they should of saved the day.

Everybody would deal with things differently. I'm the least informed person in America. I haven't watched or read anything on it. The only things I know are from here and word of mouth. Seems like if only the bad guys are out, they would be easier to find.

The second bomber was an American citizen and his miranda right's were waived.
Am I the only one having a problem with this. He is a scumbag and needs to put to death.
I agree with Highgrit about the dog's, you run here they will have a pack of blood hounds on you in 30 minutes.
We use the hounds here and they will get up.

The dogs were probably following orders (commands)--hunkered down in their pens or under their porches--so to speak.

Once upon a time, the inhabitants of this same geographical area hunkered down--to the point they found foreign troops quartered in their own homes, and insufferable acts of legislation pushed down their throats.
Thos same inhabitants later, with the aid of William Dawes, Dr Prescott, and Paul Revere, assembled, in a single night, enough citizens to force the beiginning of what led to this present day nation.
In the morning, Boston was surrounded by a huge militia army, numbering over 15,000, which had marched from throughout New England
The Minutemen of Concord and Boston must be rolling in their graves these days.

When Hurricane Ike blew thru here during the night, the word was "hunker down". I was living in an apt in town at the time while my house was being built. Power went out around 10pm. At first light, the ye had passed and the backside of Ike was roaring all around. I got in my truck, drove thru the maze of downed powerlines and roofs, and started out to the property I now live on. Saw on vehicle--a police car. He just nodded as we passed. Went a couple miles, and went back and picked up my wife (her first hurricane). We drove on out as far as the fallen trees would allow, then toured the town.

A couple of years ago, my neighbor called and told me there was a manhunt going on in the woods directly across the road and along the river at at the east side of my property. A couple of prisoners had escaped from a sheriff dept car and were in the woods on foot. Dogs had been barking up at the old barn and vacant house in the front of my property, and my wife was in the backyard reading. I told her what was going on--she went in, got the SKS, chambered a round and went back to reading in the back yard while I drove up 1/4 mile to see what was going on. They had a command post set up at the Valero at the top of the hill, and I went over and told the uniform in charge about the old house. He said his men were all out in the woods with the dogs, and would I check it out myself. I 'did' tell him that was what his people got paid for but said I would since they were otherwise busy. As I turned to leave, he asked "Do your dogs bite?" I said 'never have, but I have thingsin my house that WILL reach out and bite". He just grinned and said:
"Put it on 'em boy--put it on 'em!"
Such is life in one of the last bastions of real freedom in thios once great nation.

(nothing in the barn or old house)
It's not that I ain't afraid of dying--it's that I also ain't afraid to live. Marshall law may play well in areas with a high concentration of metrosexuals bent on having a nanny state, but it ain't going to work in Texas.

Caustic Burno":nlnf6o9i said:
greybeard":nlnf6o9i said:

What I saw was a SS Gestapo style tatic's in the search. Looked like the old movies of the Strom troopers searching house by house for the jew . Freedom comes with a price and hunkering down in fear or being herded like sheep didn't earn it or buy it. I wanted the guy caught and punished but not at the price of my liberties.
The guy was caught CB and caught by the right people. You and I out there with our pop gun would have done nothing more than flush him so he runs and gets away again.In this case, being wounded, he wouldn't have gotten far probably. Yes our freedom was purchased with a price. No need to piss it off out by acting stupid. Sometimes it's best to give in the short run in order to receive in the long run. Stay put and let the professionals handle the situation. As much as we think we are "bad" we are not qualified and certainly wouldn't be much assistance to a police force. Now if he comes into the house that is different. Blow his ass away. At 67 years old I'm certainly no Rambo even tho my mind wants to think I'm still 18. He77 I don't even think as fast as I use to, let alone react. I'd be more qualified trying to fly Bez's fighter jet. At least I can fly a Cessna.

Caustic Burno":36rg3c1j said:
Am I the only one having a problem with this.
He is a scumbag and needs to put to death.
I agree with Highgrit about the dog's, you run here they will have a pack of blood hounds on you in 30 minutes.

No, you're not the only one. We've reached a point where an American citizen's Miranda rights can be arbitrarily waived by authorities by simply making a vague reference to "public safety". Not only that, the President can now order the death of an American citizen for the same reasons. You shouldn't have to be some anti-government nut or conspiracy theorist to find those things troubling.

I'm wondering how this whole thing will play out in the gun control debate. I can see the anti-gun people pointing to this and saying "See!! This whole thing was handled by the proper authorities. Citizens don't need guns."

On the other hand, this happened in an area where the citizens are strongly discouraged, through laws and public sentiment, from owning guns to protect themselves. Maybe the bombers chose their target for this reason, maybe not. I don't know. But I have to wonder how many of those people hunkered down in their homes, with a desperate, wounded, known killer in the neighborhood, were thinking to themselves "Dam, I wish I had a gun right now." If that guy had decided to come into someone's home to take hostages, or just randomly kill more Americans, most of those people were powerless to stop him. That won't be lost on some folks.

I don't know if it applis in this case, but I don't think it's a coincidence that all these shootings we've seen recently happened in so-called "gun free zones".

VanC":4qaqpo9f said:
I'm wondering how this whole thing will play out in the gun control debate. I can see the anti-gun people pointing to this and saying "See!! This whole thing was handled by the proper authorities. Citizens don't need guns."

On the other hand, this happened in an area where the citizens are strongly discouraged, through laws and public sentiment, from owning guns to protect themselves. Maybe the bombers chose their target for this reason, maybe not. I don't know. But I have to wonder how many of those people hunkered down in their homes, with a desperate, wounded, known killer in the neighborhood, were thinking to themselves "Dam, I wish I had a gun right now." If that guy had decided to come into someone's home to take hostages, or just randomly kill more Americans, most of those people were powerless to stop him. That won't be lost on some folks.

I don't know if it applis in this case, but I don't think it's a coincidence that all these shootings we've seen recently happened in so-called "gun free zones".

Welcome back Van...........i for one really missed your perspective! :tiphat:

VanC":1i11njg4 said:
Caustic Burno":1i11njg4 said:
Am I the only one having a problem with this.
He is a scumbag and needs to put to death.

No, you're not the only one. We've reached a point where an American citizen's Miranda rights can be arbitrarily waived by authorities by simply making a vague reference to "public safety". Not only that, the President can now order the death of an American citizen for the same reasons. You shouldn't have to be some anti-government nut or conspiracy theorist to find those things troubling.

The people agreeing with these tactic's need to wonder do they want freedom or live under an oppesive thumb.
This is scary as heck.
You got poster's on this very thread appear to be willing to shread the constitution.
This guy was no worse than the bank robber's in Ca. shootout or many other criminal's.
This was not an invading army. We have had many demoestic terrorist Oklahoma and other envronmental etc.
The government wasn't using Gestapo tactic's to capture them.
Freedom has a price when we get to the point we are no longer willing to pay the price we no longer deserve to be free.

TexasBred":1pf1rq0z said:
Caustic Burno":1pf1rq0z said:
greybeard":1pf1rq0z said:

The guy was caught CB and caught by the right people. You and I out there with our pop gun would have done nothing more than flush him so he runs and gets away again.In this case, being wounded, he wouldn't have gotten far probably. Yes our freedom was purchased with a price. No need to be nice it off out by acting stupid. Sometimes it's best to give in the short run in order to receive in the long run. Stay put and let the professionals handle the situation. As much as we think we are "bad" we are not qualified and certainly wouldn't be much assistance to a police force. Now if he comes into the house that is different. Blow his ass away. At 67 years old I'm certainly no Rambo even tho my mind wants to think I'm still 18. He77 I don't even think as fast as I use to, let alone react. I'd be more qualified trying to fly Bez's fighter jet. At least I can fly a Cessna.

I never said I was going to hunt him I just wasn't going to let him paralyze my life.
Yep he was caught but at what price? What right's were completely trampled to do it?
I refuse to live as sheep waiting to be eaten by wolves. That is what started the war in 1776.
The founding fathers that wrote the constitution were terrorist also.

From seeing some of the video of the LE jokers and as careless as they were pointing their guns I would have stayed in the house just to be safe from them.

Caustic Burno":36y8tq1n said:
I never said I was going to hunt him I just wasn't going to let him paralyze my life.
Yep he was caught but at what price? What right's were completely trampled to do it?
I refuse to live as sheep waiting to be eaten by wolves. That is what started the war in 1776.

CB the only rights tampled on in this situation were the rights of the accused..(No Miranda Rights). Your rights nor mine were touched. Police have the right to enter your residence when in pursuit. (4th amendment). Amazing how you constantly refer to the US constitution yet hold in honor your ancestors who swore an oath of allegiance to a foreign country (The Confederate States of America) and their constitution. (Treason???) Were it not for Lincoln insisting on amnesty for southern soldiers at the end of the war none of us might have any rights. A good thing he never recognized secession. Being willing to work with law enforcement in order to catch a criminal is not being a sheep anymore than owning a closet full of guns and ammo makes you a bad guy.

as the people were locked down in boston, I wonder how many anti gun nuts were thinking maybe I do need a gun in the house!

TexasBred":1yhmw6yr said:
Caustic Burno":1yhmw6yr said:

CB the only rights tampled on in this situation were the rights of the accused..(No Miranda Rights). Your rights nor mine were touched. Police have the right to enter your residence when in pursuit. (4th amendment). Amazing how you constantly refer to the US constitution yet hold in honor your ancestors who swore an oath of allegiance to a foreign country (The Confederate States of America) and their constitution. (Treason???) Were it not for Lincoln insisting on amnesty for southern soldiers at the end of the war none of us might have any rights. A good thing he never recognized secession. Being willing to work with law enforcement in order to catch a criminal is not being a sheep anymore than owning a closet full of guns and ammo makes you a bad guy.

Again you are wrong they were not in hot pursuit they were searching a big difference.
They had no clue where he was, in hot pursuit your suspect is bayed or in sight. Not that we don't have a clue and let's trample through peoples home's. He wasn't even in their primary search area that is hot pursuit?
See TB I see people like you a greater danger to our civil liberties that blindly follow. The constitution I read and follow does not give or allow the Federal Government all and far reaching right's to do as they see fit.
I still disagree with you that the Confederate states were treasonous against a tyrannical government based on the seperation of power's in the states right's clause. The irony it was written by traitor's and terrorist so that makes your interpretation correct.

I see that Boston bomber as the scum of the earth he is still an American citizen with right's just as the homeowner's
Nothing trump's our right's, when we get to that point we don't have any. We might as well tear up the scared document as it only applies some of the time.

Latest posts