2575 pound Angus bull with 1950 pound Angus cow

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
For those of you that thought our clean-up bull was too fat to move, just look at these moves!

The cow was not in a full standing heat, but Big Wayne wanted to make sure he didn't waste any time.

[image]274[/image]

Both of the weights I described above are accurate as of about 2 months ago when they were weighed on Tru Test scales.

He is about 5 years old now, but still feels frisky. LOL!

The little bull calf is a son of SAV International, he's being trained.

Watch the video all the way to the end with the music turned up. :pop:

http://bit.ly/2UzWSju

Nesikep said:
https://youtu.be/-wzEHrRqiKo

He didn't accomplish anything there though!

I know that, he was warming up for the real action later! LOL! I didn't stick around to film that part :tiphat:

Not picking on your bull but 300 lbs. less or so and he would be far more athletic when mounting a cow. Bulls like him can be hard on cows and can injure cows.

W.B. said:
Not picking on your bull but 300 lbs. less or so and he would be far more athletic when mounting a cow. Bulls like him can be hard on cows and can injure cows.

I don't think you are picking on him, but he's basically on grass and about 2 pounds of grain per day now, and will be almost entirely grass soon, with that said, I doubt he will drop much weight.

Maybe if he were taking care of 40 open cows and didn't have much to eat he would drop, but that's not his situation.

He's pretty much in retirement, and I put him with older cows that I don't bother AIng, they keep him company as well.

Out of sheer curiosity would any of you be interested in semen out of this bull?

He has never been collected, but I may do it soon. I know there are a ton of AI sires available, but I have my reasons why I always want to have this particular bull around.

His AAA is 17840928

Don't hold back in negative comments, I want to hear it all.

Double bred MIF, no I would not use your bull AI. Too many udder issues with that pedigree.

W.B. said:
Double bred MIF, no I would not use your bull AI. Too many udder issues with that pedigree.

I've not had any issues with his daughters but I appreciate the analysis. One thing I do like about his daughters is the fact that they are fertile, all but two out of 14-15 settled 1st try to AI. I'm going to work to improve udder quality by AI'ng his daughters and their subsequent progeny.

************* said:
Out of sheer curiosity would any of you be interested in semen out of this bull?

He has never been collected, but I may do it soon. I know there are a ton of AI sires available, but I have my reasons why I always want to have this particular bull around.

His AAA is 17840928

Don't hold back in negative comments, I want to hear it all.
Too much calving ease. He will be small and not do well from what I have been told. :p

Latest posts