• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

215# calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Any chance you can link to the original post? My friend showed me screenshots of it but couldn't link to the original post no matter what we tried.
I posted it in the group Commercial beef cattle on FB and tagged Hillsdown since she had that 168 lb whopper a few years back

OP
M-5

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Nesikep":2cqaki74 said:
Any chance you can link to the original post? My friend showed me screenshots of it but couldn't link to the original post no matter what we tried.
I posted it in the group Commercial beef cattle on FB and tagged Hillsdown since she had that 168 lb whopper a few years back
https://www.facebook.com/Fort-Morgan-Ve ... Ul1Z8pnRJM

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
True Grit Farms":15n3kux7 said:
Simmental or Limousine? That calf is bigger than most Angus at weaning.
My guess is none of the aforementioned breeds, but club calf. There is pretty much no way I would breed a heifer to any of them. I also wouldn't let a cow of any age bred to a clubby bull go that far over a due date....it's just asking for trouble!

Nesikep

Reaction score
I same problem I had with the links my friend sent, I just can't see it!.. who knows why

I bet that cow didn't get any exercise.. I find that's a common cause of going overdue, though genetics also plays a role.. I've had a few go up to 302 days, but they didn't have monstrous calves

sackshowcattle

Reaction score
It's a cause of breeder stupidity. On the original post it said full flush, full throttle, and sugar ray for blood lines. There was a reason those cattle got left in the 80 and 90s back then they wanted them big and 150 pound calves weren't uncommon not to mention you needed a ladder to clip their backs.

Nesikep

Reaction score
I think the calf was close to 3 weeks overdue too, so that has something to do with it for sure too.. and in the last bit of gestation the calf is doing a lot of growing.. Yeah, it was probably going to be big anyhow, but perhaps not like this!

Latest posts