2015 hunting season

Help Support CattleToday:

Are numbers are good it's the buck to doe ratio that's off I'm the only one around here that will shoot doe's never seems like we have much of a rut

I was fishing when I should've been hunting. Not sure what he is but he'd work.

I was unable to go hunting the first day of the season, work work work, but dropped this guy at day break the next morning.

Ned Jr.":29ynbz74 said:
I was unable to go hunting the first day of the season, work work work, but dropped this guy at day break the next morning.
That sure looks like a heavy son of a gun! We were talking about not having seen a "100lb" doe for years here....on a side note if I can get some pics loaded ive got a story about a 22+pt my buddy's Opa saw surveying a month ago almost 5 miles from his house that showed up in his driveway yesterday!

These things started showing up about four years ago. Had a buck with half of a big ten rack. About a 6 inch spike on left. Figured it was a injury and let him go. Been seeing them since. I know of three this year. Always weak on the left side. I've decided to get rid of em. Culled this one out the kitchen window this morning.

fenceman":1t840tzu said:
These things started showing up about four years ago. Had a buck with half of a big ten rack. About a 6 inch spike on left. Figured it was a injury and let him go. Been seeing them since. I know of three this year. Always weak on the left side. I've decided to get rid of em. Culled this one out the kitchen window this morning.

We are ate up with those genetics and they are illegal to shoot here.
Very common rack here.

Caustic Burno":3qmq9075 said:
fenceman":3qmq9075 said:

Very common rack here.
You sure about that cb.here they have to be over 13. That deer is well over that. Or they have to be a slick spike.

fenceman":1bim2d9g said:
Very common rack here.
You sure about that cb.here they have to be over 13. That deer is well over that. Or they have to be a slick spike.

FM aren't you allowed to kill a cull buck on your own property or even lease property if the owners agree??

CULLBUCK
Cull bucks should always be judged relative to other bucks on the property of the same age. For example, if most of the bucks at 3 1/2 years of age on your property have 8+ points, then 3 1/2 year old bucks with 7 or fewer antler points would probably be considered cull bucks. However, a 2 1/2 year old buck with 7 points may not be considered a cull. Other bucks commonly culled are those with very short or missing brow tines or very short tine-length overall. In short, what's considered a cull varies by ranch, and typically, by who is in charge of buck management and harvest.

TexasBred":u6m5mwn5 said:
fenceman":u6m5mwn5 said:
Very common rack here.

FM aren't you allowed to kill a cull buck on your own property or even lease property if the owners agree??

CULLBUCK
Cull bucks should always be judged relative to other bucks on the property of the same age. For example, if most of the bucks at 3 1/2 years of age on your property have 8+ points, then 3 1/2 year old bucks with 7 or fewer antler points would probably be considered cull bucks. However, a 2 1/2 year old buck with 7 points may not be considered a cull. Other bucks commonly culled are those with very short or missing brow tines or very short tine-length overall. In short, what's considered a cull varies by ranch, and typically, by who is in charge of buck management and harvest.

Idk? That's interesting , I think it may be for wma,s. Which means tpwd way up your azz. No thanks.
Cull tags is why we have wife's right. :hide: :cboy:

Fence ours are not 13 inches wide and will never be but they sure are spreading the genetics.
The idiots at the TPWD wont budge we have hauled tons of photo's to the biologist asking for
a way to cull them. We have gotten the State Rep involved now maybe he can get them off high center.

fenceman":15x8i0ih said:
Idk? That's interesting , I think it may be for wma,s. Which means tpwd way up your azz. No thanks.
Cull tags is why we have wife's right. :hide: :cboy:

Could be. I have no real idea but some friends all hunt on a ranch down around Hamilton and it's nothing but a ranch, primarily sheep with some cattle. They all get to kill a cull buck every year. I'll check with one of them first chance I get and see how they're able to do it.

Killed a few does but this hot and cold plus 4 inches of rain has the deer all mixed up and they are not patterning right... No biggie Saturday I will make them come out fast. Nice deer yall

Final score Elk 7, Dave 0. Oh well, a good time was had. The best day I saw 39 elk in 5 different herds. Two of them were spikes but it is 3 point or better. The oldest son saw 28 cows and 6 spikes the last day. I guess there should be plenty of bulls to go around next year.

few pics i took

ResizedImage_1447786832457_zpsmgwz7xej.jpg

ResizedImage_1447853445057_zpsn8vl0lhk.jpg

The dogs left me behind when i took them in here I didnt make it far

ResizedImage_1447786757532_zpsi3t1piwz.jpg

can you see the turkey
ResizedImage_1447786910985_zpsfxmt4bau.jpg

ResizedImage_1447853447876_zpsqyic5ht9.jpg

big boy i been hunting is nocturnal i found this one morning going to my stand havent seen him where i could shoot at him

ResizedImage_1447853447400_zpsu8tdhnmt.jpg

ResizedImage_1447853445739_zpsaknrez5f.jpg

These things sure are good when you are starving
ResizedImage_1447853446325_zpshdigtkxb.jpg

Figured come prepared
ResizedImage_1447786755530_zps7ashicgo.jpg

This guys been giving me some hunting tips
ResizedImage_1447786945103_zps2mocekgy.jpg

more turks
ResizedImage_1447501049532_zpsvhoxipfa.jpg

ResizedImage_1447501050012_zpsw9z22xa4.jpg

Latest posts