2008 F Series Super Duty Diesel Recall

Help Support CattleToday:

MrBilly

Reaction score
For those of you who just love your Ferds, Ford is recalling 37,400 of them - the majority are still on the dealers lot ( 29,000).

They have had three reports of flames coming from the trucks tailpipe - Sounds interesting to me!

Cause is leaking fuel that ignites in the exhaust system's diesel particulate filter near the tailpipe.

There was one report of a grass fire in Texas, quickly put out! Yeah!!

Billy

I thought that was normal. :shock:

Someone driving a Chevrolet must have noticed it. They know what the back end of a Ford is supposed to look like. :p

cfpinz

I heard about that as well. Thought it was an upgrade that was going to cost me extra. Them Ford people sure are nice to give it away for free. Wonder if I can take my 03 model in and have it installed.

cfpinz":14m3gx5a said:
I thought that was normal. :shock:

Someone driving a Chevrolet must have noticed it. They know what the back end of a Ford is supposed to look like. :p

cfpinz

Yup! :lol: :lol:

oadkins":395mqh71 said:
F O R D
o n o e
u a a
n d d
d

Now they can`t even make it out of dealers lot.

Must be some of that Yankee spelling you got there.

cfpinz

There was a guy with a leaking crossover tail pipe once that pulled off the road and turned around. His leak caused fire on both sides of the road which turned into a total mess. It took 3 days to put out the fire. This is a very serious issue.

IMHO Dodge, Chevy and Ford all need to hire some farm boys and get rid of those city boy engineers that design this crap.

Latest posts