2006 Suzuki Eiger 400

Help Support CattleToday:

TheFutureFarmer

Reaction score
Found a good looking camo 2006 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 for sale at a local dealer. It has 4722 miles on and could use new tires soon. They are asking $2999. Seems like a decent price but the mileage concerns me even though it looks like it's never been ridden. I have never owned an atv but what is considered high miles for an atv? Would this atv even be worth considering with those miles?

To be honest, that price is borderline outrageous. That's a ton of miles, and it's an 8 year old ATV. Brand new it only cost $5500, and you can still get an equal or larger ATV for that same price today, brand new. I'd spend a little more and get a new one, or keep looking.

You can look values up at nada.com for what it is worth. Looks like they are asking about the average. Only Suzuki I ever been around is a neighbors, 80 year old man has it, bought it used He had a stator and starter go bad with less miles. Seen some other brands with more than 10,000 on them. Ours is almost 2 years old now with 1000 miles on it.

M.Magis":39zzp36h said:
To be honest, that price is borderline outrageous. That's a ton of miles, and it's an 8 year old ATV. Brand new it only cost $5500, and you can still get an equal or larger ATV for that same price today, brand new. I'd spend a little more and get a new one, or keep looking.

I gotta agree my rule on buying something used has always been if im gonna pay 50% the cost of a new one I will buy a new one. I would rather start with a warranty than buy something used and example something breaks you put 1000-1500 in it to get it fixed well right there is your new one you could have had with a warranty.

It's to high. If it was a Honda that would barely be broke in, but for a Suzuki that's more miles than you would want it to have. Go look for a 420cc Honda rancher Manuel shift with under 5000 miles and you will have a good rig.

I agree with Denver on the Honda 420, but I have been looking for one also. They are hard to find for a fair price in my area.

papavillars":2lhv9qaj said:
I agree with Denver on the Honda 420, but I have been looking for one also. They are hard to find for a fair price in my area.
IMO that is because they are such good rigs. I don't care who you are or what you say, Honda is the most reliable, trouble free, and longest lasting 4 wheeler you can get.

Honda is the only way. I've been using one since 2001. It's currently been running with something knocking in the engine for over a year now. I cant remember the miles on it right now. I had the top half rebuilt at 14,000 miles. That was a long time ago.

Bigfoot":16fsf1gv said:
Honda is the only way. I've been using one since 2001. It's currently been running with something knocking in the engine for over a year now. I cant remember the miles on it right now. I had the top half rebuilt at 14,000 miles. That was a long time ago.
I'm a little shocked its knocking with any less than 30,000.

I just sold my 1988 suzuki LT-4WD and the odometer had rolled over more times than I can count, had to have at least 30~40k miles on it. One time in its past I did put a set of rings in it and that was that, also a few sets of tires and brakes as well. Last I knew the guy that bought it was still running the heck out of it.

Nieghbors have an Eiger 400. IMO, every bit as and possibly more bulletproof than a Honda. While the price does seem a bit high, if i needed a 4 wheeler I would not overlook a nice Eiger. Eiger has a good ride and automatic that is sorely missing on most Hondas. 4700 miles is barely broken in.

Neighbors use their Eiger hard and it has been in more than a few wrecks including one through a barb wire fence. Driver bailed, atv rolled but got back up on its wheels and took off by itself across the pasture where it went into a dry dam and somehow got knocked out of gear.

A little fixing and the Eiger is still going with over 10K miles on it.

I bought a Suzuki Eiger brand new in November 2003 as an 04 model. It is a 4x4 5 speed. It has held up very well. It's well over 24,000 miles and the only thing I've done is replaced the flywheel with a new updated design so the magnets wouldn't come unglued and destroy something. I swapped out my flywheel at 23,000 miles and it still has the original stator. I primarily used mine for dragging cedar timber ( not fence posts ) out of the hills to load up and carry to the mill commercially. Many times the drag was over a mile from the felling location to the loading area. I worked this bike extremely hard daily in the woods to put food on the table the first few years of it's life. It is still running like a champ today and the top end is original as well as the clutch. And Castrol 10/40 for cars is all it has had since day one. I've never used the ATV oil that contains chemicals that break down the glue that holds the magnets in the flywheel. That is why mine didn't fall out and so many other Eiger owners had to eat such a costly repair. Below is my Eiger 4 years ago with over 23,000 miles back then. It's went up quite a bit since then and still running great. I honestly can't complain that it's not a Honda. It's been good as any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqoZRbxAsro

Thats's amazing ! hondas have longer been the best atvs for over a decade now . the suzuki eiger and suzuki vinsons were very nice atvs

Latest posts