2005 Ford Super Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

V8 is great.

I got stupid and had a V10 in 2000. Gas was so bad couldn't afford to drive it anywhere but the feed store and back.

too bad when such a fun truck to drive.

preference now is definately diesel.

TheBullLady":3gpqnmt4 said:
Yes..there are tons of the King Ranch editions here in Texas.

And I hate the new body style of the 150's also.. !

oh finally, someone agrees with me.............is it just me or does it look like someone sat on them when they were young?

think if I bought one and watered it real good it would grow?

Well, my dad has an 04 F-150 and it is by far the nicest truck Ive ever seen, and its just an XL. A buddy of mine got a new Ram 1500 loaded with Hemi, and the F-150 is still nicer than that. Such a nice truck, its a shame its used for work.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":zxizczj6 said:
Well, my dad has an 04 F-150 and it is by far the nicest truck Ive ever seen, and its just an XL. A buddy of mine got a new Ram 1500 loaded with Hemi, and the F-150 is still nicer than that. Such a nice truck, its a shame its used for work.

no doubt it's a great running truck. ford just makes them that way............BUT...........why'd they have to take all the beefy looks out of it.

I guess you mean the beefyness from the interior? That would be because they think everyone should drive comfortably, whether they are in a luxury truck or a plain work truck. If you mean the beefyness of the body, you are out of your mind (no offense). There is not a truck out that looks as tough as the F-150. This truck makes Super Duties make small, I know, I have parked next to one and the F-150 actually looked bigger than the Super Duty. Same thing with any other truck.

There is not a truck out that looks as tough as the F-150.

I agree. Those new F-150's look tough. The boxiness, is that a word, of the new body style is much tougher looking than that of the 96-03 models.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1ce64wuj said:
I guess you mean the beefyness from the interior? That would be because they think everyone should drive comfortably, whether they are in a luxury truck or a plain work truck. If you mean the beefyness of the body, you are out of your mind (no offense). There is not a truck out that looks as tough as the F-150. This truck makes Super Duties make small, I know, I have parked next to one and the F-150 actually looked bigger than the Super Duty. Same thing with any other truck.

were you driving a toyota when you parked next to the F150?

nope, don't mean the interior; not what I meant. read my other posts. don't like a frilly truck interior. didn't like the 96-03 f150 models either.

around here when they pull up neck to neck, f150 looks like it got sat on compared to other trucks in the same class and dwarfed next to a 250 or 350.

Wish they had raised the cab height when they added to the bed height. Also they lowered the front end and squashed the grill down like a chevy.

When I said "Beefy"............I meant if it comes up on your rear view mirror, makes you want to move out of the way.

I know it's a best selling truck and I'm up against a lot of opposition.........but really, did they have to take all the looks of a really big truck away? they started on it when they redesigned the f150 in 96. since then they've gotten to be more like cadilacs than trucks really. Not going to be anything tough and affordable , yet sizeable pay load, for the average truck buyer than can't spend 40 or more on a truck.

txshowmom":1jvz2d6a said:
I wonder if the drive the King Ranch edition on the King Ranch?

Someone on his board told me that the King Ranch is loaded with them. Id say cuase if they let Ford use there name , they had to have gotten something out of the deal. Id like to see a King Ranch 350 dually with an Aluminum Faltbed. If I owned on I wouldnt do that. But Id like to see one . Has anyone seen a Flatbed King Ranch?

I was in Kingsville and visited the King Ranch about a year ago and I did not see 1 King Ranch Edition Ford on the ranch or in the town.

txshowmom":33zqlmnx said:
I was in Kingsville and visited the King Ranch about a year ago and I did not see 1 King Ranch Edition Ford on the ranch or in the town.

What all do you get to see when you visit the King Ranch?

Unfortunately the King Ranch trucks are so expensive, they are so nice. The 05 F-150 King Ranch trucks are quite a bit less than I thought they would be. My guess was close to $50,000, but fully loaded they cost $42,370. Still too much for me, but less than I thought they would be. Only $3,000 more than a loaded FX4.

Now get ready for the new King Ranch Expedition.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":10ozb2tg said:
Unfortunately the King Ranch trucks are so expensive, they are so nice. The 05 F-150 King Ranch trucks are quite a bit less than I thought they would be. My guess was close to $50,000, but fully loaded they cost $42,370. Still too much for me, but less than I thought they would be. Only $3,000 more than a loaded FX4.

Now get ready for the new King Ranch Expedition.

Well here in Tennessee, a regular 250 FX4 is 42,000 and a King Ranch is $54,000.

dun":vfccgmdh said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":vfccgmdh said:
To bad Ford stopped making tractors.

The Long and FarmTrac tractors are really Ford designs. The execution of them may not be as good, but the design and mechanics are easy to work on---up to a point anyway.

dun

Lenar is partially owned by Ford.

TheBullLady":wn8b5w7o said:
Yes..there are tons of the King Ranch editions here in Texas.

And I hate the new body style of the 150's also.. !

I think it is one of the best-looking trucks ever, and I wish I could afford to trade my '94 Ranger (189,000+ miles) on one. My three favorite bodystyles are the '80-86, the '79, and the new F150. There was a F250 King Ranch at the Tulsa State Fair priced in the mid-forties, with a powerstroke.

greenwillowherefords":1b4dcdtc said:
dun":1b4dcdtc said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1b4dcdtc said:

The Long and FarmTrac tractors are really Ford designs. The execution of them may not be as good, but the design and mechanics are easy to work on---up to a point anyway.

dun

Ford owns Jaguar and Volvo too but I wouldn,t want one of them.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":24tej4wa said:
greenwillowherefords":24tej4wa said:
dun":24tej4wa said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":24tej4wa said:

dun

Ford owns Jaguar and Volvo too but I wouldn,t want one of them.
What about Landrover or Aston Martin?