2 questions

Help Support CattleToday:

starbaby

Reaction score
1 does anyone know the recipe for the steak butter someone made ?
2 does anyone know the website where caustic got weather reports from ?
thanks in advance

starbaby":q8aork19 said:
1 does anyone know the recipe for the steak butter someone made ?
2 does anyone know the website where caustic got weather reports from ?
thanks in advance

There are many different steak butters , gorgonzola, garlic, horseradish ,rosemary .etc. If you google steak butter it will give you pages of some really good recipes.

One of our favorites is parsley, garlic and gorgonzola cheese mixed with butter .

the steak butter was what someone said they made and gave out for Christmas ,and they kept it frozen . the gorgonzola sounds delicious tho.
thanks caustic
gotta say this is by far the best set of caring people and genuine helpers .

starbaby":50s1lyb9 said:
the steak butter was what someone said they made and gave out for Christmas ,and they kept it frozen . the gorgonzola sounds delicious tho.
thanks caustic
gotta say this is by far the best set of caring people and genuine helpers .

Steak butters are made ahead time , whip it all together then wrap/roll it in cellophane and freeze it in tin foil or baggies . Cut frozen butter cubes/slices at time of use .

They are extremely easy to make , it is just a bit of pre planning for fresh herbs and ingredients . You should do just fine trying any number of the different kinds out there . :)

Btw we like to do 'steak' butters on seafood too ,especially if is just not practical to have a melting butter dish per dinner guest .

Good to see you back Starbaby…this is a nice butter.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 large cloves)
2 tablespoons plus 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
Directions:
In a small skillet or pan, toast minced garlic in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until just turning brown; do not burn. Add toasted garlic, chopped herbs, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the pound of softened butter. Mix well. Divide seasoned butter in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Twist and tie each end of the plastic wrap to form 2 logs. Refrigerate until needed.

After grilling your favorite steak, place 1 or 2 quarter-inch thick disks of seasoned butter on top of each. Serve and enjoy.

Note: Butter logs can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month. Seasoned butter is great on chicken and seafood, too.

was going through my email and low and behold , yep you guessed it , there was the recipe for the steak butter . don't know who posted it but i thank you . here it is .

Continue writing
|
Delete

Family and I were out delivering some homemade goodies to folks and one of them gave us a neat gift that I'd like to share with ya'll. It is called Bandera Butter and is used on steaks. The packaging was neat as well. It was wrapped in brown parchment paper and tied on the ends with thisle twine making it neat to look at. They had also made some labels on their computer as well as the recipe and punched a hole in the corner of these labels and tied them to the log with the thistle twine. Kinda neat. As it turned out, I was planning on cooking steaks so I was able to give it a try. Now I'm not one to put much more than salt and pepper on a good steak but this stuff is pretty tasty and easy to make.

1 cup of softened unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1 tbs of Kosher salt
3 cloves minced garlic
5 oven-dried tomatoes chopped up

With food processor, blend all ingredients just until smooth.
On a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper shape butter into log 1.5 inches wide.
Roll the butter up into parchment paper being sure to work out any air pockets.
Secure with freezer tape and place in freezer for one hour.

To use, slice butter and place on cooked steaks. Mighty good. And it seems easy enough to make. Might even inspire someone to go out and buy some steaks which would not hurt our business either. Wink Laughing

Latest posts