$2.25 per pound

Help Support CattleToday:

catl

Reaction score
I went to the Beeville auction today. 215 pound black baldie fetched $2.25 per pound.Others around 200-300 lbs. were from 1.85 to 2.15 per pound.300-400 good steers around 1.50 to 1.70.Most blacks at that weight were about 1.35 to 1.60.Not much out there under 500 pounds for less than a dollar a pound.Of course i don't have any ready to go right now. :cry:

catl":37patvcs said:
I went to the Beeville auction today. 215 pound black baldie fetched $2.25 per pound.Others around 200-300 lbs. were from 1.85 to 2.15 per pound.300-400 good steers around 1.50 to 1.70.Most blacks at that weight were about 1.35 to 1.60.Not much out there under 500 pounds for less than a dollar a pound.Of course i don't have any ready to go right now. :cry:

:shock: Wow

A neighbor of mine told me he sold 11 black calves Wednesday $1.29, 500-600lb. I was skeptical. Got the Turner County Stockyard newsletter in Fridays mail and 500-600 pounders were in that price range. Of course I don't have any ready to sell either. :cry:

Same here.. it's crazy! None to sell for me for another 30 -45 days. They should be down around $.85 by then. :(

catl":oh23fpyc said:
Yep theres a lot of roping calf orders to fill this time of year with those little 2 to 3 weight calves...sure makes for high dollar playtoys this year. LOL

tapeworm":mxatjihz said:
catl":mxatjihz said:
Yep theres a lot of roping calf orders to fill this time of year with those little 2 to 3 weight calves...sure makes for high dollar playtoys this year. LOL
Yes,there was a couple roping steers that went thru but they go by the head down here.300-400 pounds about 200 to 300 dollars per head on average.

Medic24":jh9nxxn3 said:
wow, wouldnt it be great to keep getting those prices until we all paid off our loans? ;-)

What loans?? I didn't know I had any. Cept for the house....the truck....the car.....O well.

TheBullLady":1ptvibg9 said:
Same here.. it's crazy! None to sell for me for another 30 -45 days. They should be down around $.85 by then. :(
BullLady,the prices may stay up for awhile around here because of the wet weather.More buyers than sellers right now.I've got some that will be ready in about 60 days if i can get in there to get 'em out.I had about 30 mins. of sun today.2.75 in. rain last night.The weather liars say it may clear up for a couple hours next week.

Sold a blk steer 465 lbs 1.30. Didn't think he was that good of a calf.

Scotty

One of my brothers had a cow die while calving ( prolapse? ) last week, calf was fine. He works out of town and didn't have time to put it on a nurse cow, carried it to the sale the next day, brought $140.

;-)

Many of the feedlots and feeders were holding off buying calves waiting to see if the Canadian calves were going to start coming down on the 7th and lower calf prices....Now with the judges ruling and appearances the border will not open for months if even this year- the feeders are filling the lots with US calves- rising prices across the board....

Todays fat and feeder futures took off across the board-- with some fats going limit up.... predictions of $94-95 fats by the end of the week....

ga. prime":riuw741f said:
I wonder how manyhorses is doing with his puts and calls in this market?
:lol: :stop: :stop: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sure he always trades to the good. No loosers.

catl":3byxjz52 said:
tapeworm":3byxjz52 said:
catl":3byxjz52 said:
Yes,there was a couple roping steers that went thru but they go by the head down here.300-400 pounds about 200 to 300 dollars per head on average.
Yes, but I didnt say anything about a roping STEER did I??? I mentioned roping CALF orders....its not necessary to be a roper to understand the phenotypical differences between a good roping STEER and a good roping CALF. Also the market price differences in the two.....any REAL rancher should know this

El_Putzo":ohvnv4o4 said:
tapeworm":ohvnv4o4 said:
.....any REAL rancher should know this

I'm guessing this was a sarcastic remark? :shock:
Maybe I dont follow exactly what you mean...I didnt mean it sarcastic. A REAL rancher should know the difference between a roping CALF and a roping STEER. Pretty simple. Do you disagree?????

Sorry, I may have read something into that, that wasn't there.

If you are talking about the difference between a heifer and a steer, then yes, anyone who has experience with cattle should know this.

Sorry to be on the defensive, but I've been hearing a few comments on this board from people saying things to the effect that us small producers are not really cattlemen. I don't consider myself a cattleman really as that is not all I do on the farm. I would much rather be called a farmer.

Latest posts