What is the most you ever paid per head

Help Support CattleToday:

I just try to buy cheap and sell high. I bought a longhorn pair several years ago for $90....ended up making $30 on the pair. :cowboy: When we sold the dairy cattle the whole herd from day old calves to mature cattle averaged over $4 grand per head. Made me proud of my wife's breeding efforts.

TexasBred":rh7gbgss said:
I just try to buy cheap and sell high. I bought a longhorn pair several years ago for $90....ended up making $30 on the pair. :cowboy:

Watch out Donald Trump, there's a new player on the scene! :cowboy:

............truth be told that's more profit than I have made on a cow in a long time :frowns:

I've sold for $3000.
Not going to mention what I've paid. Only people that need to know that are myself, my wife (most of the time) and my accountant. Well, also the person I'm buying it from.

dun":2vf00j09 said:
Paid 2500 for one cow. The least was Granny, 650 with a calf at side, that was 13 years ago.

And . . . . the way these things work, granny out produced the $2500 cow.

angus9259":2p26q52i said:
dun":2p26q52i said:
Paid 2500 for one cow. The least was Granny, 650 with a calf at side, that was 13 years ago.

And . . . . the way these things work, granny out produced the $2500 cow.
Yeah, the 2500 cow aborted her calf on the trailer ride.

The least for a non registered bred cow years ago - $550 (hereford)
Least for a registered weaned heifer $750
Most for a registered cow w/bull calf $2250 (she is now 11 1/2 years old) She was 4 when I bought her.
Least for registered Limo bull $750
Most was Registered Angus Bull $3500
valerie

Most I paid for a bred heifer was $1100. Unbred mature cow was $850. Least I ever paid was zero. :) Some people are just nice and give me things they dont want..... ha

Its just interesting to see what people are paying. Thanks for all of your posts. I have not dropped much for any of my mammas. Most was $800.00. I am thinking about throwing some money into my cows but probably not for quite a while. Not till prices go down after all of the drought fall out.

3waycross":1z7ewxv1 said:
TexasBred":1z7ewxv1 said:
I just try to buy cheap and sell high. I bought a longhorn pair several years ago for $90....ended up making $30 on the pair. :cowboy:

Watch out Donald Trump, there's a new player on the scene! :cowboy:

............truth be told that's more profit than I have made on a cow in a long time :frowns:
Should have bought a pot load. I started to PO the pair when I sold them but would have gone in the hole hauling them back home. :lol2:

the most ive payed so far is $1500 for cows an bulls.im sure that will go up when i start buying again.

Normally pay 2600 to 3400 a head for PB Blk Angus open heifers, but that is picking the heifers out of 400 heifer calves. It seems like a lot of money, but those heifers are some of the best in the US and their first calves normally pay for them or close to it.

JS

We started out with a $5 yearling heifer. Won her in a fundraiser raffle, the tickets were $5 apiece. She turned out to be a real good cow. To be totally truthful, we had $25 in her with the 5 tickets I bought, and some some trucking to get her from Colorado to Missouri since I was in a rented minivan at the time. But still a bargain for how good she turned out. A bargain even if she didn't turn out good, that would have been a lot of beef for $5.

MO_cows":qp0nt7am said:
We started out with a $5 yearling heifer. Won her in a fundraiser raffle, the tickets were $5 apiece. She turned out to be a real good cow. To be totally truthful, we had $25 in her with the 5 tickets I bought, and some some trucking to get her from Colorado to Missouri since I was in a rented minivan at the time.

Didn't it have removable seats? :cboy:

MO_cows":3h3zu7k0 said:
and some some trucking to get her from Colorado to Missouri since I was in a rented minivan at the time.
You obviously didn;t attend the "Angrie's school of livestock transportation"

JustSimmental":3lb6fj7s said:
Normally pay 2600 to 3400 a head for PB Blk Angus open heifers, but that is picking the heifers out of 400 heifer calves. It seems like a lot of money, but those heifers are some of the best in the US and their first calves normally pay for them or close to it.

JS
of course they are,, we expected no less :cowboy:

Stocker Steve":3jk8hnm5 said:
MO_cows":3jk8hnm5 said:
We started out with a $5 yearling heifer. Won her in a fundraiser raffle, the tickets were $5 apiece. She turned out to be a real good cow. To be totally truthful, we had $25 in her with the 5 tickets I bought, and some some trucking to get her from Colorado to Missouri since I was in a rented minivan at the time.

Didn't it have removable seats? :cboy:

That little heifer calf should have fit on the rear seat......no problem at all.

Latest posts