15 month old Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Tear this one apart.
Picture007.jpg

Anyone wants any more info I would be happy to give it.

I'll go with the janitor on this one. I would add scrotum to the list of positive attributes.

Name: Sydgen 2400 Security 4558

Sire : Sydgen Security 2400
Dam : Sydgen Forever Lady 2430 (Focus daughter).

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1u6q0ir9 said:
What are his epd's? What is his frame score? What is his rea? What is the im %? What is his scrotal circumference? What was his adg?(average daily gain) What was his birthweight in actual pounds? Actual weaning weight? Actual yearling weight? Other than that looks long, has tight sheath and big nuts. Cant really tell if he is a hatchett butt or not but I doubt he is.

Surely you do not need all that info to tell he is a nice looking bull? Maybe if you were comparing him to another bull to see what fit into your herd as far as could you use him on heifers etc....

But can not see having to know all that information to decide if he is a good bull or not.

Nothing to tear apart, that's a great Angus bull. One of the best Angus that has been posted.

I would be interested in seeing a rear view or front view. That picture shows me a very nice side profile on a pretty complete bull. Even better hind legs that most Angus bulls, lays in nice at the shoulder, has good depth of rib as well as what appears to be enough spring of rib. Would say picture angle is tough to tell of he has enough chest floor and base width so a different view would be helpful. Might be a bit shallow in the forerib but hard to tell with that angle. So far I like him.

great bull jscunn! you always post great quality pics and animals. excellent. he has just the right balance of depth and length with a great butt to boot. nice scrotal and topline. nice to see some quality angus once in a while.

I don't give a hoot about numbers or names, he is a nice looking bull. It's kind of refreshing to see a bull like yours, (and the red gelbvieh in another post), after the recent run of uncut steers.

cfpinz

cfpinz":2zlf2nm7 said:
I don't give a hoot about numbers or names, he is a nice looking bull. It's kind of refreshing to see a bull like yours, (and the red gelbvieh in another post), after the recent run of uncut steers.

cfpinz

I agree, hopefully some that have got offended or think everyone only knocks the bulls posted or are over critical will see that when a good one pops up on a thread people give it its dues. Seems like someone mentioned on one thread that only Angus bulls that are posted are sorry.

Here are his EPDs.

CED 5
BW 2.6
WW 49
YW 81
Milk 24

Ultrasound EPD
IMF .17
Urea .52
Fat .014

Performance
Act BW 79 Ratio 111
Adj WW 789 Ratio 114
Adj YW 1296 Ratio 104
SC 36.90
Frame 6.1

Ultrasound
IMF 3.59 Ratio 107
UREA 16.2 Ratio 117
Rib Fat .41 Ratio 124
Rump Fat .37 Ratio 106

Good looking yrlg. Well muscled, well balanced, thick, strong topline, good legs, big scrotum and tight sheath. Not to much to fault him about.
Excellent act BW, WW and YW

Caustic Burno":qugi3s9i said:
Very nice bull and I don't say that about many, might be the pic but he looks a little short coupled.
I agree with C. Burno. This is one of the best Angus bulls that has been displayed on these posts! These are not HARD criticisms, - just comments.

I would like to see a little longer bodied bull, - a bull with a longer rump from hooks to pins. It is hard to ascertain his rear leg status (bone size, straightness etc.) from just a side view. I would like to see a rear and front view and also a top view.

Good topline, smooth shouldered, GOOD hindquarted bull (NOT a funnel-butt because his quarter extends low toward hocks), deeper rear flanked bull than many Angus these days, and while he has a deep heart-girth, he would benefit from a greater spring in his rib area, and he has a clean throat and brisket.

This a very good candidate for "Herd Sire" status! I am not commenting on his pedigree or EPD's, because I am only analysing him as "A 15 month old Bull".

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts