$100K 2018 Ford Super Duty

Help Support CattleToday:

Ram and Ford have lost me price wise. And I really don't want another GM diesel dually, but I know where I can buy one cheap. My neighbor trades yearly and offers me his truck every year. Some folks have more money than sense. I see him buying one of these new Ford's for his wife next year.

Brute 23":17td5t3t said:
There is more money in financing trucks than selling trucks.
Absolutely! I had a major fiasco/drama with my '15 F250 diesel and traded it in for the exact same truck but a '16 gasser. Dealership actually owed us money on the trade but still said we needed to finance to get all the incentives/bonuses/deductions/BS (whatever you want to call it). So we agreed to finance and the dealer paid it off even before the 1st payment was due.

TCRanch":ud5h9zs2 said:
Brute 23":ud5h9zs2 said:
There is more money in financing trucks than selling trucks.
Absolutely! I had a major fiasco/drama with my '15 F250 diesel and traded it in for the exact same truck but a '16 gasser. Dealership actually owed us money on the trade but still said we needed to finance to get all the incentives/bonuses/deductions/BS (whatever you want to call it). So we agreed to finance and the dealer paid it off even before the 1st payment was due.

That's right. It is actually more expensive to pay cash some times.

The prices of trucks have gone up exponentially in the last few years. I don't think they're selling as quickly this year as they have been in the last couple can get $10000-$12000 off the new F150s if you really hunt around.

Dsteim":fp27p93o said:
The prices of trucks have gone up exponentially in the last few years. I don't think they're selling as quickly this year as they have been in the last couple can get $10000-$12000 off the new F150s if you really hunt around.

That still is not a deal in the grand scheme of things. Prices are out of control. I drive by all these dealerships and ask myself who in the world is buying all these vehicles. IMO a nice 4x4 truck v8 half ton should be no more than 18k new if everyone wasn't trying to get rich off of the sale of each vehicle and left all the computer and electronics out.

skyhightree1":1vqblgf4 said:
Dsteim":1vqblgf4 said:

That still is not a deal in the grand scheme of things. Prices are out of control. I drive by all these dealerships and ask myself who in the world is buying all these vehicles. IMO a nice 4x4 truck v8 half ton should be no more than 18k new if everyone wasn't trying to get rich off of the sale of each vehicle and left all the computer and electronics out.
The makers can;t quit with the electronics crap. It's a "me too" business just like computers used to be. Always have to have something fancier then the other company or you won;t sell diddly.

Hard to get the fuel mileage,,and the power out of less,that their getting out of them to...average Joe can't work on them.. Even the best trained technicians are lost with out the right equipment,to diagnose them...the emission system is so complex now,,you seldom see one smoke like you did 20 + years ago....

In the '70s Detroit produced junk and misread what consumers wanted allowing Japan, first Honda and then Toyota
to get a foothold in the marketplace and eventually dominate it.

I suspect Ford has misjudged what truck buyers are willing to pay and will end up getting bitten in the butt by this
out of touch with reality pricing mistake.

Junk is putting it mildly,,even Into the mid 80s.. if you got 100k outa one then. It was while it was riding on a lowboy...around 88 is when they started getting with the program.

Workinonit Farm":2yvvsk4r said:
Every now and then, we regret selling the '77 Chevy 3/4 ton.
We have a 71 GMC 3/4. Has a impala 327 in it, 3rd motor, would like to build a 350 for it, and have someone do some body work on it.

It's a shame what the city-slickers, and government have done to trucks. Single cabs are scarce, no manual transmission, 40k+ price tag, fully loaded with every electrical contraption. An owner's manual that just says "See your local ***** dealer" for everything. Auto-tranny;s don't have a dipstick to check the level. No external tranny or fuel filter! 3 cats and a trash can muffler!!! EGR on gas motors, and Tier 4 diesels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until things change, the truck I have now will be the last one I buy.

Son of Butch":tyhigcmk said:
In the '70s Detroit produced junk and misread what consumers wanted allowing Japan, first Honda and then Toyota

I suspect Ford has misjudged what truck buyers are willing to pay and will end up getting bitten in the butt by this

I dunno. Remember the $400 dirty jeans? Truck buyers probably won't buy one but a city slicker that has 10 acres just outside of town will. I immediately thought of a recently retired oral surgeon that lives just outside the 'burbs of Wichita & also owns some land (strictly for hunting) by us. He's probably ordered one already.

I have a hard time paying more for a truck than I did for my house. It seems like they will eventually price themselves out of the game. That old Ford is pretty sharp. For a Ford anyways. I'd rather buy that than some of the trucks I've seen my buddies buy. 19k for a truck with 250k miles is normal prices I've seen them pay recently. I just can't bring myself to do that. Somebody said they lost touch well I wander how a foreign company would do if they just sold a work truck model. I was thinking about trading a few months ago but I e decided to keep mine. If you figure cost per mile, or per year, either way it's cheaper to replace parts than buy new.

I don't know where folks get all their money. All the lakes around us have big houses, boat lifts and really nice boats sitting on them. And most don't get used but a few times a year. The best I can figure is there's a lot of folks that worked smarter, than harder.

TCRanch":nvtviaag said:
Son of Butch":nvtviaag said:

I dunno. Remember the $400 dirty jeans? Truck buyers probably won't buy one but a city slicker that has 10 acres just outside of town will. I immediately thought of a recently retired oral surgeon that lives just outside the 'burbs of Wichita & also owns some land (strictly for hunting) by us. He's probably ordered one already.
Make a homeless person spit...https://www.ateliernewyork.com/r13-r13- ... trEALw_wcB

True Grit Farms":3jf73gir said:
The best I can figure is there's a lot of folks that worked smarter, than harder.
Or spent dumber then smarter

ALACOWMAN":gkrgqo7d said:
TCRanch":gkrgqo7d said:
Son of Butch":gkrgqo7d said:

Make a homeless person spit...https://www.ateliernewyork.com/r13-r13- ... trEALw_wcB
Mike Rowe was talking about Nordstrums selling jeans with artificial dirt for 400 bucks