1 in 302 million.....

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry":3l8sr6dw said:
No one won it but 14 people won $1 million and one person or persons won $2 million. The next drawing will be worth $1.6 billion. If you take the cash option you will get $904 million and after Washington gets their cut it will be about $570 million. I just don't know how they expect a lottery winner to survive on that!

Me either. But I'd do the best I could.

jltrent":1m7wl2be said:
Didn't lose any money on that one. Probably lose $2 on the next drawing...the winner may wish that hadn't won after winning. That could be a head ache...

I already have head aches. Might as well have the money too!

I'm taking the annuity. no doubt about that. could blow it all in a year and still have 28 mulligans left :lol:

torogmc81":1i0yc6h8 said:
I'm taking the annuity. no doubt about that. could blow it all in a year and still have 28 mulligans left :lol:
Build your own annuity with the $570,000,000.00. Quick search says I can get a tax exempt bond fund that paid a distribution yield of 3.76% ($1,786,00.00) last month ($21,432,000.00 a year). And you still have the whole pie.

Yup, Im not a lottery person but I will probably play this next one.

I remember that last time it got up like this. We literally shut a whole location down for about 15 min trying to get the numbers. We all looked ours over... threw them in the trash... then were like... guess we better go back to work.

I have a friend who is a self made multi millionaire. He says the lottery is a tax on people too stupid to do math.

I have another friend who won a state lottery in 1990 for $13.75 mil. I have told his story here before. Between the IRS, divorces, and drinking there ain't no money left. He is flat broke today. Living on a small social security check and a tiny pension from a place he worked in the 70's. Quit working at age 40 the SS and pensions don't build up much.

A citizen named Peggy, convinced 42 people in the tiny town of Roby Tx (pop-600) to go together and buy/share 420 tickets and they got a winning Tx lottery ticket in 2011. $46 million. The jackpot netted each winner $1,085,162, which, after taxes, was paid out in 20 yearly installments of $39,000.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news ... /100841238

Didn't help too much because all the winners except the clerk at a Sweetwater liq our store that went in with them, were farmers in the middle of a drought, and most were in debt when they won. 7% of the town were "millionaires" overnight.
Most of the winnings went straight to the bankers to pay off debt. One year to the day of winning, Peggy was diagnosed with cancer and died a few weeks later. One winner's house burned down. One got hauled into court by an ex-wife claiming a bogus child molestation charge.
https://maps.roadtrippers.com/stories/roby-texas

reversal of fortune

It was supposed to be set up to generate revenue for schools or what ever but Ive always heard like 80% of the people who play are below the poverty level already.

People always think money will solve their problems... it actually does the opposite by magnifying their flaws.

Brute 23":2nb87q0i said:
It was supposed to be set up to generate revenue for schools or what ever but Ive always heard like 80% of the people who play are below the poverty level already.

People always think money will solve their problems... it actually does the opposite by magnifying their flaws.

I would believe that about those who play.

All lottery revenue in TN is dedicated solely for education. That is why we have free two years of college or vocational school and Hope Scholarships for the remaining two if you maintain the grades. The TN Lottery also has a program that names a teacher of the week in several different areas, runs a tv spot highlighting them and then they have a statewide Teacher of the Month. The lottery has helped thousands of kids in Tennessee go to college that otherwise could not afford it.

I spoke with the Director of the Tennessee Lottery last spring. I thought that the majority of the money earned was from scratch-offs, but she told me that by far the majority of the profit comes from Powerball and Mega-Millions.

yet the schools still need more money money money in the form of taxes.

skyhightree1":2hdepsah said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2hdepsah said:
skyhightree1":2hdepsah said:
I wont tell how many tickets we bought but if I disappear I bought an island and moved

I have a boat, and a pretty good nose. Keep one eye on the horizon! :lol:

I may have to get you and CMF to come fence in about 10k acres to house my goats emus ostriches alpacas and pigs so that I can double my money in farming :lol:

We'll just drink all your beer and argue.....
I suggest you call fence-it to do the fence work.

callmefence":2a7gvcvz said:
skyhightree1":2a7gvcvz said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2a7gvcvz said:
I have a boat, and a pretty good nose. Keep one eye on the horizon! :lol:

I may have to get you and CMF to come fence in about 10k acres to house my goats emus ostriches alpacas and pigs so that I can double my money in farming :lol:

We'll just drink all your beer and argue.....
I suggest you call fence-it to do the fence work.

X2.

I threw my dollar in the pot at work tonight...mostly because it would just kill me if all my co workers won and i had to watch them all leave.

JMJ Farms":3ukxu3x6 said:
Someone is South Carolina is $914M richer this morning. Minus taxes of course but that's still pretty sweet!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicag ... d/4546340/

The good thing for them is that is one of the states they can keep it private. I bet the lottery officials don't like that as they can't splash them all over the place.

Jackpot winners can remain anonymous in eight states — Delaware, Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina and Texas. In Arizona, people who win more than $600 can keep their names secret for 90 days after claiming prizes, but after that names are public record. In Michigan, winners are anonymous unless they win Mega Millions or Powerball prizes.

jltrent":2h4i0ils said:
JMJ Farms":2h4i0ils said:
Someone is South Carolina is $914M richer this morning. Minus taxes of course but that's still pretty sweet!

The good thing for them is that is one of the states they can keep it private. I bet the lottery officials don't like that as they can't splash them all over the place.

Jackpot winners can remain anonymous in eight states — Delaware, Georgia, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina and Texas. In Arizona, people who win more than $600 can keep their names secret for 90 days after claiming prizes, but after that names are public record. In Michigan, winners are anonymous unless they win Mega Millions or Powerball prizes.

I'm not gonna win bc I don't play but I'd sure want to remain anonymous if I were to win. Having everyone know you were instantly wealthy would be horrible.

JMJ Farms":3hjra6m5 said:
jltrent":3hjra6m5 said:
JMJ Farms":3hjra6m5 said:

I'm not gonna win bc I don't play but I'd sure want to remain anonymous if I were to win. Having everyone know you were instantly wealthy would be horrible.

We will never know if you win so you want have to change your handle on CT....

Latest posts